Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just a reminder that decent race highlights are usually up on youtube pretty rapid.

Here's some decent coverage of yesterday's Strade Bianche.

[yt]MguEPmHOWo8[/yt]

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Anyone got Eurosport Player subscription? Thinking mainly of Pantani here.

I got the early bird £1.99 a month for 12 months contract at the start of the year. They didn't take February & March's subs though and now will only let me back in at £2.99 a month for 12 months. I've emailed them but no reply. I thought the £1.99 would just come out automatically. Anyone know if I've misunderstood something here? I want the player for highlights in the evening and live coverage at weekends as I can't get to a free stream during weekdays and don't have Eurosport on freesat.

They are useless, they were charging me (£3.99) twice a month for half of last year, got the money back in the end but it took a while. Still subscribed since then though, as I forgot to cancel it for the winter, and I didn't want to miss the cross country skiing and ski jump over the winter, did I?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
They are useless, they were charging me (£3.99) twice a month for half of last year, got the money back in the end but it took a while. Still subscribed since then though, as I forgot to cancel it for the winter, and I didn't want to miss the cross country skiing and ski jump over the winter, did I?

Thanks, that's worth knowing.

I only had a couple of months subs last year, basically for the Spring Classics & the Giro I think. This year - no coverage of TDU, or the tours of Qatar & Oman either, so my £1.99 subs for January went on not watching any skiing :lol: I'm undecided whether to just bite the bullet and go for the £2.99 deal or not, but I don't want a 12 month tie in at that price so I might just see how well youtube serves me this week for Paris Nice evening highlights and take it from there. Enjoyed watching Strade Bianche on there just now.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
2,6,7,18,20 for me!

Added a sprinter or 2 for today, so let's see how that goes...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
15km to go. Peleton split in two, Boonen in the back group with Kittel who suffered a mechanical problem. They will not get back on as they are 40 seconds behind.

Maybe spoke to soon, gap down to 20 seconds now.

Nope, right the first time, the chasers have given up.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here comes my group :lol:

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
BEhcy5nCIAEGXwI.png

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
1,3 and 6, and Chavenel.

Top 3 in the GC and Points too.

And probably points for having the last rider, based on my idea of putting Kittel in...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
1,3 and 6, and Chavenel.

Top 3 in the GC and Points too.

And probably points for having the last rider, based on my idea of putting Kittel in...

One of the breakaway boys will have been last I suspect, Sicard came in 5 minutes down.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
In fact it was Kristoff, a little surprising that.

A welcome 10 points for me!

I completely missed that Renshaw was riding because he's down on the 3rd page!

The prices are crazy in this one.

And 10 for me! I heard he was involved in a crash early, so not sure if he'll start tomorrow or not. Agree about the prices - I'm finding it hard to spend everything.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
And up to 1st in the league! Still a long way to go though...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A welcome 10 points for me!

I completely missed that Renshaw was riding because he's down on the 3rd page!

The prices are crazy in this one.

And 10 for me! I heard he was involved in a crash early, so not sure if he'll start tomorrow or not. Agree about the prices - I'm finding it hard to spend everything.

12 points :rave:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Real shame about Rui Costa today, had a good chance on GC here.
Big surprise has to be Boonen, unlike him not to make the selection just because of the pace of the peleton.
Well played teaboy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here