Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Selections made for tomorrow, you boys don't stand a chance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£25k, anybody?

1362503977065-jwmz39qzfovc-670-75.jpg

I quite like the matt finish, I really like understated decals, but I think I'm more of a Spec Mclaren Venge, man.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've signed up to the Puncheur Sportive on March 10th, it finishes on top of the Beacon.
Any other geeks signed up or done it before?

PUNCHEUR | March 2013 Sportive | Topline Details

I am doing that. Looking forward to it. It HAS to be better than the Evans ride i did a couple of weekends ago where every road had turned into a river.

I know [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] has also signed up for this. I've got 2 friends also signed up. Would be good to have a bit of an NSC meet up in the morning. Perhaps PM mobile no.s so we can text on the day. I'm thinking try to keep a largish group together for the duration until the Beacon climb, then it's every man for himself to the top!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Missed the transfer deadline for today, as I have only just got back from Bristol. This is gonna be a shocker for my team today.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Thinking about it, I am quite pissed off that the deadline is so early. They did not set off until 11:30 yet the transfer deadline was at 8:30 this morning.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ouch.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ahhh! So annoying, Talansky and Izagirre would definitely have been transferred in for today. I hate this game sometimes. Still, that was a good days racing, didn't look too pleasant out there.

Now for, Tirreno-Adriatico and an over long TTT.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Weather looks grim in Italy too. A bad day for a bike ride all over Europe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ahhh! So annoying, Talansky and Izagirre would definitely have been transferred in for today. I hate this game sometimes. Still, that was a good days racing, didn't look too pleasant out there.

Now for, Tirreno-Adriatico and an over long TTT.
Nasty crash coming down off the last climb, by the Sky fella.

I don't know what happened to JTL.
He was leading the climb with 1km to go, then disappeared, goon.

I went for Porte today, so a little disappointed but still happy to have him in my team, just.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Nasty crash coming down off the last climb, by the Sky fella.

I don't know what happened to JTL.
He was leading the climb with 1km to go, then disappeared, goon.

I went for Porte today, so a little disappointed but still happy to have him in my team, just.

You bottled trying to spell Kiryienka there, didn't you? I think JTL was only ever up there to set the pace for Porte, he may have won a bunch of races last year but this is a real step up in class for him.

As for your team Porte is a good pick, imagine having Kittel, Viviani, Hutarovich and Bouhanni in your team for a stage like that. Riders in the top 20 for me, 0.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You bottled trying to spell Kiryienka there, didn't you?
I was going to assume he went by the name Colin!.
It certainly was a nasty tail whip, although it looked more like a sore hip fall than a collar bone (famous last words)

I think JTL was only ever up there to set the pace for Porte, he may have won a bunch of races last year but this is a real step up in class for him.

As for your team Porte is a good pick, imagine having Kittel, Viviani, Hutarovich and Bouhanni in your team for a stage like that. Riders in the top 20 for me, 0.
Yeah you're right about the gulf in class, maybe I'm pinning too much on Team Sky, considering he was 'with them' for most of last year, too.

I still only outscored you by 21 :facepalm:, I've just not been at the races with this one.
Starting with DeMarchi (sp) thinking he was Vivani was a sign, double :facepalm:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Wow, I'm happy with that, to still be in contention after forgetting my transfers is a right result.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I don't think anyone did that well today. I only scored 21 in total today! Must be more careful about who I transfer in...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here