Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Changes made. Gone ever so slightly left field in an attempt to make up lost ground. Hoping my under the radar man will start to show over the next few stages too.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Transfer window closed - what changes have you made? I've left my team as it was yesterday as I want to be REALLY annoyed about having put Kittel in. Last chance saloon, matey-boy...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Transfer window closed - what changes have you made? I've left my team as it was yesterday as I want to be REALLY annoyed about having put Kittel in. Last chance saloon, matey-boy...

He was unlucky yesterday, he got a mechanical and fell back and tried his hardest to get back on. This was inside the last 15km so they were going at a serious rate by then. Kittel will be there or thereabouts today, imo.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Slightly uphill finish today though, only 28 metres gain over a kilometre though, so that is pretty flat isn't it?

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
He was unlucky yesterday, he got a mechanical and fell back and tried his hardest to get back on. This was inside the last 15km so they were going at a serious rate by then. Kittel will be there or thereabouts today, imo.

I know, but surely NSC is for making uneducated sweeping statements that you'll no doubt go back on in the blink of an eye. It's his last chance to get anything from the race today, so I'm expecting Argos all over the front with 3km to go. I still can't see anyone getting past Bouhanni though, and Viviani's late kick yesterday was impressive too.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I know, but surely NSC is for making uneducated sweeping statements that you'll no doubt go back on in the blink of an eye. It's his last chance to get anything from the race today, so I'm expecting Argos all over the front with 3km to go. I still can't see anyone getting past Bouhanni though, and Viviani's late kick yesterday was impressive too.

For sure, especially with it being slightly uphill I think it is Bouhanni's to lose, Viviani never does well two stages in a row but I still have him.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

4k uphill to the finish so doubt Kittel will be there (famous last words).

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
4k uphill to the finish so doubt Kittel will be there (famous last words).

Last 5km profile:

PROFILKMS.jpg

Only 5-4 and last km uphill and none of it even slightly steep. Getting my calculator out that means last km is less than 3% gradient, km5-4 look about the same, surely he can get over that!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Gutted for Bouhanni. Out as a result of a very nasty crash :(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gutted for Bouhanni. Out as a result of a very nasty crash :(
We haven't had a Stat Brother kiss of death for a while!!!.

Just said it's a block head wind, at the finish.

Out with Jnr for his first spin of the year, in a minute so probably won't catch the end of this one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who's the Aussie commentator I'm currently listening too?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Vivianni (sp) leader on the road.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just seen finish line approach. Hats off to Kittel if he pulls this one off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here