[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
3 French
3 Aussies
1 Belgian
1 German
1 Estonian

A 3km prologue is a bit of a lottery. Interesting to see who takes the 0.17 second lead.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Looking through the start list I notice that Spanish Dave is taking part. Does this mean he'll miss the Huddersfield and Bristol City games?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Much to my surprise, all of the team I picked at the start of the week, are still riding.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My random rider generator has given me a team comprising:

1 Septic
2 Belgiums
2 Frances
1 Spain
1 Wop
1 Suede
1 Dutchlander
(97 posts on here, new avatar looms)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The ride should have said 2013. Haywards Heath Bike Ride-April 1st 2013 Home
Ride as a charity team it's cheaper hope to have over thousand bikes this year and you can raise money for your own charity or just ride for fun.

Anymore thinking of do any of the 4 routes it we good to have a team riding in Brighton shirts raising money for REMF we are hoping to beat last years numbers of 1000 riders shortest route 12 miles longest 72 miles Wiggens way. You will be seen of by a Town Band also we have French Team taking part. Have a look at the web- site.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SBBAOCFYVF, doesn't really cover this.

So Stat Brother's Encyclopedia of Inspirational Cycling Videos Reminding Us ALL Why We Love Cycling, or

SBEOICVRUAWWLC, for short:-

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Keep an eye out for Rising From The Ashes - a film about Team Rwanda. It has its London premiere on May 9th, but from then on I'm not sure of the release. Find them on Facebook for more (when available!)

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I've got big hopes for my wholly international outfit:

1 Dutch
1 French
1 Portugezzer
1 Belgian
1 Italian
1 Belarussian
1 Dane
1 Ruskie
1 German

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
51.2km / 31.8m this morning in 2h 28m 29s. A mile longer than my last ride and 15 mins or so quicker. Goes to show I had reached the limit of my old mtb. Very pleased with that.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Just swapped out Kreuziger for Mr Gilbert. Hopefully I can get some respectable result from this, as I seem to do better at the one day classics than stage races.

Okay, re-read that and it is confusing even me. Makes it sound like this is a ODC.

Very quiet here given the up coming race. Hopefully [MENTION=54]teaboy[/MENTION] has checked his team for withdrawals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
51.2km / 31.8m this morning in 2h 28m 29s. A mile longer than my last ride and 15 mins or so quicker. Goes to show I had reached the limit of my old mtb. Very pleased with that.

Blimey well done.
Your previous steed was clearly holding you back.

Did you manage to iron out any of your new ride niggles?

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Yep - checked. Apparently none, but have swapped Millar out (I don't know why I bother anyway - he never scores decent points) for Velits as I had some credits to spare. It seems very cheap. I only have 1 DS rider, and nobody costing under 11.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Blimey well done.
Your previous steed was clearly holding you back.

Did you manage to iron out any of your new ride niggles?

Thanks.

Yes, I'm a little more comfortable with the brakes now. Need to disengage the old mtb gear issues next. I know left is front, but I occasionally confuse them. I miss the easy way of checking gear with the mtb. Yesterday I swerved into the side of the road as I looked down to check. So much twitchier than the mtb. Need to learn to trust the front more. That may take a while.

Oh, signed up for the L2B yesterday too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks.

Yes, I'm a little more comfortable with the brakes now. Need to disengage the old mtb gear issues next. I know left is front, but I occasionally confuse them. I miss the easy way of checking gear with the mtb. Yesterday I swerved into the side of the road as I looked down to check. So much twitchier than the mtb. Need to learn to trust the front more. That may take a while.

Oh, signed up for the L2B yesterday too.
I don't think it's a case of trusting the front.
It's more to do with trusting yourself, the more relaxed you are the truer your bike will run.

This also applies should any misfortune befall you, I'm thinking speed wobble here.

No good can ever come from 'white knuckles' on a road bike.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
An important thing to remember its not to steer with the handlebars on a race bike. Just lean and the tyres do the steering for you. As soon as you start wiggling those bars the bitch will try top bite you... HARD.

Trust yourself and the tyres and the bike will do the rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here