[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Fair play to anyone who's been out on their bike this weekend. Only watched about 20mins of kids football today and still felt frozen. Bit of result for the riders of Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne I expect, seeing it cancelled due to snow. Was looking forward to watching some racing, but hey ho.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]306067175398047746[/tweet]

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
All very low priced at the moment, I think the list might be amended a fair bit.

Agreed, seems like some reasonable prices to be had there so far.

Just had a quick skirt through and took a couple of minutes to pick a provisional team to work from. Have no idea how many of them are likely to start. On past experience, 4 or 5 if I'm lucky I expect.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The more I play around with my Paris - Nice team the more it makes me glad after all that us plebs have been given this and not Tirreno-Adriatico.

The latter has all the big TdF favourites in, but fantasy wise I think that will make for some pretty boring and predictable team picks.

Paris - Nice offers us far more of a challenge and therefore, in my book, much more enjoyable fantasy wise.

The Premium players of course will be doing both, but concentrating on picking teams for two races at the same time is just another reason why I've no interest in going Premium. They're welcome to it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I quickly threw a P-N team, so I know at least I'm in the game if something goes wrong.

I had so much 'cash' left, went back and made a couple of changes and still have a 25 float.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Attachments

• Becky .jpg
    Becky .jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 53

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I'll put my Paris-Nice team together once the starters are confirmed - I don't want to have to shuffle everything again, or forget to check.

We've had a new arrival today too... the OH's bought herself a shopping/pub bike from Gumtree. It's a red Peugeot, much like this one:

Peugeot Monte-Carlo.jpg

It brings the number of bikes in the 1-bed flat to 4 (2 each), which seems unfair to me, so I might join the shopping queue with the other geeks but for a beaten-up shopper. Nothing in mind just yet, but I'll keep you posted!

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2 Swiss.
1 Dane
1 Belgiums
1 French
1 Italian
1 American
1 German
1 Slovakian.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'll put my Paris-Nice team together once the starters are confirmed - I don't want to have to shuffle everything again, or forget to check.

We've had a new arrival today too... the OH's bought herself a shopping/pub bike from Gumtree. It's a red Peugeot, much like this one:

View attachment 39890

It brings the number of bikes in the 1-bed flat to 4 (2 each), which seems unfair to me, so I might join the shopping queue with the other geeks but for a beaten-up shopper. Nothing in mind just yet, but I'll keep you posted!

Hmmmmmm, this has got me thinking to get rid of my Trek hybrid, which in 8 years I've never really taken off road in any shape or form, and get myself a nice old road bike I can run about on, lock at the Amex, and use as a bit of a winter trainer as well. Oh this is going to bother me now...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I have gone for:

3 French
2 Americans
1 Belgian
1 Belorussian
1 Estonian
1 Swede

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports