Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No complaints about the inclusion of Tommy V here.

ITT you'd have to think about Wiggo surely.
Only 1 Brit, G's in pole position at the moment, fancy a veto?

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
G's not too shoddy on a TT (especially short stuff). Sagan's too obvious a choice - Kittel would represent that last transfer for a flat stage when you've run out of 'proper' riders! He could be the continued disappointment of Goss and Degenkolb, and the not 'quite' a sprinter feel I get from Sagan sometimes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think G would be more willing to ride for the team if needed. Oh and G doesn't have stupid sideburns.

I guess it falls to Tony Martin. Do we have ze germanz in zere already?
I don't think [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION]'s stipulation went that far, lets face it we are hardly likely to overrun ourselves with a team full of Germans, Italians or Spaniards.

Kittel would represent that last transfer for a flat stage when you've run out of 'proper' riders! He could be the continued disappointment of Goss and Degenkolb, and the not 'quite' a sprinter feel I get from Sagan sometimes.
That is a very good genre.
I don't think I have a 'go to' guy. My gut feeling would be DeMare, but I do really rate him, and think he'll come good, hopefully this season.

Cyclesport magazine seem to be having a season long 'perennial second' competition, between Farrar, Goss & Renshaw. (2-1-1)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I don't think [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION]'s stipulation went that far, lets face it we are hardly likely to overrun ourselves with a team full of Germans, Italians or Spaniards.

That is a very good genre.
I don't think I have a 'go to' guy. My gut feeling would be DeMare, but I do really rate him, and think he'll come good, hopefully this season.

Cyclesport magazine seem to be having a season long 'perennial second' competition, between Farrar, Goss & Renshaw. (2-1-1)

Yes, Demare should be our sprinter or that neo pro sprinter from Europcar, Coquard (he even has e 'semi' humorous name). As a TT I would like Gustav Erik Larsson as he also has an excellent name, plus the bonus of CMS like hair:

gustav-larsson-2010-gw-2.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, Demare should be our sprinter or that neo pro sprinter from Europcar, Coquard (he even has e 'semi' humorous name). As a TT I would like Gustav Erik Larsson as he also has an excellent name, plus the bonus of CMS like hair:

View attachment 39664
I thought that was a lady bicyclist.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Was in Bromley today and went into a bike shop there with a real interest in checking out the road bikes. Staff left me alone which was nice. Liked the look of a Trek and red Spesh but no intention to buy there. Mrs has no issue with me getting a new bike now, but wonders if my routes are a bit too rural for a road bike. Don't worry I've reassured her.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Was in Bromley today and went into a bike shop there with a real interest in checking out the road bikes. Staff left me alone which was nice. Liked the look of a Trek and red Spesh but no intention to buy there. Mrs has no issue with me getting a new bike now, but wonders if my routes are a bit too rural for a road bike. Don't worry I've reassured her.

How long did you spend in there? I find it impossible to spend less than 1/2 an hour in a bike shop - unless it's really small, then it gets embarrassing. When are you buying? You'll be amazed at how quickly your speed and mileage will increase.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I had a day off for our son's birthday so it was all unplanned, but got in 20 mins or so. Going in properly more locally tomorrow. If I'm not out on a new bike on Saturday, I'm gonna be grumpy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a shame you didn't get the opportunity to take the Trek for a quick spin, it would be a nice reference point.

I'd hazard a guess if like me, you walked past this in my LBS window, pretty much every day.
The search would be over:-

57802_1_SuperSize.jpg

By my reckoning it's only £275 above your max total, which is now twice the original starting point. :lol:

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
It's a shame you didn't get the opportunity to take the Trek for a quick spin, it would be a nice reference point.

I'd hazard a guess if like me, you walked past this in my LBS window, pretty much every day.
The search would be over:-

View attachment 39670

By my reckoning it's only £275 above your max total, which is now twice the original starting point. :lol:

Nirone Sora Compact?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Who was the fella who spent all of last season riding off the front of the peleton.

He was there for 2+k kms, over the season., that's the kind of team player the Geeks need!
I want to say he's a Saxo Bank rider.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Who was the fella who spent all of last season riding off the front of the peleton.

He was there for 2+k kms, over the season., that's the kind of team player the Geeks need!
I want to say he's a Saxo Bank rider.

Chris Anker Sorensen?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chris Anker Sorensen?
Urrmmm I don't think so.
All I remember him for last season is getting clipped by the motorbike.

I'm sure 1066 will have the answer on his database.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So if I get a choice, what would be the 'correct' choice. I wouldn't have a clue.
The correct choice is the bike you feel most comfortable on, and the one that gives you the biggest smile, that's the easy bit.

The correct choice for all the accessories and clothing is the worlds biggest can of worms, which I don't know if you want to open. :lol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
(79th post) You rotters. You talk me out of my first type of bike and then get me to maybe double my cost but are quite happy to keep schtum and let me have the wrong colours on my accessories.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Urrmmm I don't think so.
All I remember him for last season is getting clipped by the motorbike.

I'm sure 1066 will have the answer on his database.

He won the Combatitivity prize in the Tour and was out on the attack nearly everyday, and got hit by the motorbike. Maybe you are thinking of one of the many frenchmen who make a living out of getting in pointless breaks, Roy, the whole of the Europcar team, Moncoutie (shame he has retired, he would be a shoe in for this team if I had my way).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here