Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
These time gaps are not the most accurate are they?

Screen says 20 seconds, yet the peleton are right on the back of the leaders. Cav looks to be much closer than they are saying too.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
It will all come back together by the looks of things.

And has. The screen still says 30 second gap though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The timings are shocking.

Who was the Sky fella in the front 4?

Edit my comp isn't enjoying NSC and Al J open together.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Rast, Bookwalter and Elmer look like they'll survive :eek:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
:lolol:

I was about 50 metres out.

Eisel in 4th? Some mistake surely, or has he decided to compete with Cav after these years of dragging him up mountains?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Great, looks like they're not giving out points for breakaway riders in this race :facepalm: Don't see why they had to change that rule for this. How can they still award the most combatitive rider 10pts then?

Eisel will pick up good points today. Certainly took at least one of the intermediate sprints.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Great, looks like they're not giving out points for breakaway riders in this race :facepalm: Don't see why they had to change that rule for this. How can they still award the most combatitive rider 10pts then?

Eisel will pick up good points today. Certainly took at least one of the intermediate sprints.

Who would have picked him though? 15.8 for a DS rider in a flat sprinters stage. I'd be very surprised if anyone went for that.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Who would have picked him though? 15.8 for a DS rider in a flat sprinters stage. I'd be very surprised if anyone went for that.

Certainly not on my radar. Just trying to work out the better option from G or EBH. I'll not be happy to dip out on Roulston's breakaway points though.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Certainly not on my radar. Just trying to work out the better option from G or EBH. I'll not be happy to dip out on Roulston's breakaway points though.

Break was too big anyway wasn't it? Pretty sure the breakaway points were only in the spring classics / one day races last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BMC was on my radar, but being unable to pick a sprinter I couldn't make it work, and was reluctant to try too hard.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Break was too big anyway wasn't it? Pretty sure the breakaway points were only in the spring classics / one day races last season.

No, I think M Velits, Roulston & Dempster were in an early break on their own. Pointless anyway, you're right, breakaway points only for one day races.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've got roulston, m velits and dempster, so some breakaway points would have been nice!

Blimey, what are the chances of that! :lol:

It's bad news I'm afraid, no breakaway points, although assuming they were well away and cleaned up the first sprint bonus points you'll have done quite nicely there.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
This Tour is gonna be weird to follow. Still no official results up, but according to the headline on the official site Taylor Phinney won the stage. The article still says Bookwalter won though. Once Oman starts you really will see a disorganised lack of information.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm off tomorrow and Tuesday, so I'll be watching a fair bit of the action, if my computer can cope.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm off tomorrow and Tuesday, so I'll be watching a fair bit of the action, if my computer can cope.

I'm off Tuesday, shall be joining you with the exciting Qatar based chat. Is that a camel? Ooh look, sand. Another sprint finish, who would have thought?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I'm off Tuesday, shall be joining you with the exciting Qatar based chat. Is that a camel? Ooh look, sand. Another sprint finish, who would have thought?

I just don't think they try hard enough, all that agricultural art in the TDF, and they have bucket loads of sand, heres is a starter for ten for them, one for the overall winner Big G

Attachments

• sand-art 1.jpg
    sand-art 1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 59

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here