Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I get what pantani is saying but I thought Kristoff was quite a left field pick. Obviously not.

Not that left field. I tried desperately to work in a Katusha rider as I predict 3rd place for them behind Radioshack & Sky tomorrow.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not that left field. I tried desperately to work in a Katusha rider as I predict 3rd place for them behind Radioshack & Sky tomorrow.

BMC will be right up there with their team too, Omega will be close as well I think, sprinters lead out teams normally do quite well at the shorter TTTs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was looking at starting BMC with tomorrow in mind, but as said nobody in that team was going to figure in the obvious bunch sprint!.

As it is I've just dropped my 2 Net App's in favour of BMC.

Oh FYI, I've just put a massive but excellent article on 'Lance'.
It is well worth the read.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Arabic coverage has started. No TT bikes allowed for this for some reason.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Love these boys in the studio. Obviously I cannot understand a word of it, but to me it always seems like the guy in the glasses feels like he is talking to an idiot. Having to explain things in the simplest terms.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not looking good for the Japanese National team, down nearly a minute on Bardiani Inox, at the end. Whole team trailing in last yesterday, I think they may be out of their depth.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Modolo is out of the race. Glad I swapped him out for today, that was coincidental rather than planned.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Classic team work from IAM cycling, two riders on one side of the central reservation the other six on the other.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
RSN looking a bit ragged, down to five already. 16:18 and first for them at this stage.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Currently top 5

1. RSN
2. Astana
3. Cannondale
4. Saxo
5. AG2R

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just finished.

1. BMC
2. Sky
3. OPQ
4. RSN
5. Katusha

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not sure if you get the points for your riders that dropped out of the main group of their team. Could make a big difference to me, Warbasse and Rasch didn't finish with their teams.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
O/T from the racing, does anyone use the Wahoo Blue Cadence Sensor, and Wahool Blue HR on their bikes?

Amazon have the cadence sensor as cheap as I've seen it £40, and the HR £55.

I use my iPhone on a mount in a sturdy waterproof protective case for GPS maps etc., and so for £95, you are turning your iPhone into a pretty meaty cycling computer. Just wondered if anyone else was using these?

Obvious drawback is battery life, however you can get the plug in battery extenders for between £10 to £30.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Got the top 3, neither 4th or 5th.

Two in the top two teams, if they do count the dropped off riders. One each in the next three, Argos were top ten too, I think, so a point there as well.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Saxo where top ten for sure. Don't know about IAM they were pretty ragged.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Full Top Ten

1. BMC
2. Sky
3. OPQ
4. RSN
5. Katusha
6. Astana
7. FdJ