Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Cotter fuckin pins.

I've now given up on saving them, and twatting them with a club hammer, they are still laughing at me!

haha welcome to my world. I've figured out that as soon as they look like they are going to be a pain in the rear to get out I might as well just drop it off at the local bike shop and get them to do do it. Normally costs $5 and save a lot of agro.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The rear mech is odd, I've had a couple of offers recently, neither of which have teeth on the bottom cogs, which is the same as my knackered one, all a little odd.

Oh and decals, they don't seem to exist, unless I get them bespoke for £80.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
The rear mech is odd, I've had a couple of offers recently, neither of which have teeth on the bottom cogs, which is the same as my knackered one, all a little odd.

Oh and decals, they don't seem to exist, unless I get them bespoke for £80.
At least you know the make of bike you have. I'm utterly clueless on the make. I'm thinking I'll make it a Raleigh as I have no other idea on what it could be. Who else was a big bike manufaturer in the early/mid 80s and would have done a pink or baby blue bike?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Sounds like a nice ride. Out and in again before the rain came tumbling down I presume? What saddle you got? Glanders recommended me a Selle Italia Flite or Fizik Arione. I'm loving the Flite that I picked up mint 2nd hand off of BikeRadar forums.

Never too early to start tinkering with your fantasy team :wink: By now I'd say you should have a good idea of how the parcours are for the TDU, who to be earmarking for what stages and how to plan your transfers. All provisional mind you as you won't want to be settling on a team until the last possible minute as starting riders will change no doubt.

Edit: Do yourself a favour and bookmark steephill 2013 Tour Down Under Live Video, Route, Teams, Results, Photos, TV Indespensible for keeping up with the fantasy research.

Thanks and also thanks to SB and others for supportive comments.

There were a few stretches I didn't like yesterday, especially a fairly busy narrow road with muddy passing places. Its tough finding longer and longer rides that fit my 'training' requirements. I'm close to the M20 and it was dry up I left at 12.30ish; I think our forecast was quite different from Brighton's.

As to the saddle, a vuelta bassano, I'll probably get away with some further arse conditioning. It feels like it did when I first returned to riding after a few years. I'll soon get used it on longer and longer rides. I hope.

Initially, my legs told me to stay put this morning, but I still went out for wee spin.

Have made a conscious effort to post about the Albion too!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have made a conscious effort to post about the Albion too!
Where are you going to do that.

There ought to be some kind of Albion t'internet forum thingy.
If I knew how too I'd set one up!.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Greenedge named their TDU startlist today. Santos Tour Down Under 2013: Orica-GreenEdge Name Team | Cyclingnews.com Assuming that is final then it has a few surprises in it.

Throws a few spanners in the works of my fantasy team. I also lost a real cheap buy from another team that I had high hopes for too. Oh well, constant returns to the drawing board were always on I suppose anyway at this early stage.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Greenedge named their TDU startlist today. Santos Tour Down Under 2013: Orica-GreenEdge Name Team | Cyclingnews.com Assuming that is final then it has a few surprises in it.

Throws a few spanners in the works of my fantasy team. I also lost a real cheap buy from another team that I had high hopes for too. Oh well, constant returns to the drawing board were always on I suppose anyway at this early stage.

Road.cc haven't updated the entry list yet. Be interesting to see what value they give Durbridge.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Road.cc haven't updated the entry list yet. Be interesting to see what value they give Durbridge.

Simon Clarke is the one I'm most curious about to be honest. I've a feeling he's gonna cost!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here