Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet] 289785944163381248[/tweet]

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
[tweet] 289785944163381248[/tweet]

I presume that's the giro in Belfast news? (can't see tweets on tapatalk).

Seems odd timing considering the troubles.

I raced through Belfast twice; once was in 98, covered in luminous green GB kit, followed by an unpleasant finish on the Falls road. We were rapidly whisked into the team car, which had had all the, gb stuff taped over, and managed to avoid the couple of milk bottles that got flung our way.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I presume that's the giro in Belfast news? (can't see tweets on tapatalk).

Seems odd timing considering the troubles.

I raced through Belfast twice; once was in 98, covered in luminous green GB kit, followed by an unpleasant finish on the Falls road. We were rapidly whisked into the team car, which had had all the, gb stuff taped over, and managed to avoid the couple of milk bottles that got flung our way.

It was the Giro news. Odd, bit no different to the Tour starting in Corsica really.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Just prepared a longer training route on mapmyride and am a bit unimpressed with their climb ratings. Do these look that similar?

Did this ride this morning, set off in the dark. Roads nice and quiet. First climb was quite long and had me blowing. Second was a piece of piss in comparison and did not even need to use lowest and second lowest gears. Done the whole thing in 2.25 hours without stopping but with 6 miles to I thought I might need a new saddle and final 2-3 I was running on empty really. Not even out of breath afterwards, so health is pretty good. Amazing red sky on offer too. Will need to up my game for the L2B but naffing off for too long to train will cause ructions...

Can someone put reminders up on here about when to tinker with the fantasy team please.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did this ride this morning, set off in the dark. Roads nice and quiet. First climb was quite long and had me blowing. Second was a piece of piss in comparison and did not even need to use lowest and second lowest gears. Done the whole thing in 2.25 hours without stopping but with 6 miles to I thought I might need a new saddle and final 2-3 I was running on empty really. Not even out of breath afterwards, so health is pretty good. Amazing red sky on offer too. Will need to up my game for the L2B but naffing off for too long to train will cause ructions...

Can someone put reminders up on here about when to tinker with the fantasy team please.
I've got that a 24 miles with a decent climb.
That's a smidge under half distance of L2B.

Now working on the theory of 'you don't want to do the max distance and beyond before the event', you only need to find a further 15 miles, between now and May, a month before the off.

So I wouldn't worry too much about the upping of your game, I'd hazard a guess those miles will come naturally as you and the weather improve.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
True. How about the TdF starting in Belgium or London (or Yorkshire)? The principle being it's only a short(ish) flight away.

Next up will be the Vuelta starting in the Canaries.

There was talk of the tour starting in Grenada. Now that is pushing a 'short flight' to extremes!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wasn't it The Giro that was rumouring Washington DC, this time last year.

It certainly will happen, one day.
Lance may well have put the brakes on the idea in the short and medium term.
But a la soccerball, it's too big a market to ignore.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Sounds like a nice ride. Out and in again before the rain came tumbling down I presume? What saddle you got? Glanders recommended me a Selle Italia Flite or Fizik Arione. I'm loving the Flite that I picked up mint 2nd hand off of BikeRadar forums.

Never too early to start tinkering with your fantasy team :wink: By now I'd say you should have a good idea of how the parcours are for the TDU, who to be earmarking for what stages and how to plan your transfers. All provisional mind you as you won't want to be settling on a team until the last possible minute as starting riders will change no doubt.

Edit: Do yourself a favour and bookmark steephill 2013 Tour Down Under Live Video, Route, Teams, Results, Photos, TV Indespensible for keeping up with the fantasy research.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Never too early to start tinkering with your fantasy team :wink: By now I'd say you should have a good idea of how the parcours are for the TDU, who to be earmarking for what stages and how to plan your transfers. All provisional mind you as you won't want to be settling on a team until the last possible minute as starting riders will change no doubt.

I read that as TdF. Thought you were planning a bit in advance. :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We better watch out guys, those snow monkeys are pulling out a bit of a lead on us. :lol:
By the time the Giro hits, the weather will be settled and we've fantasied our way through the low countries, they will be a dim and distance memory.

Remember, snow is just for Christmas Geekdom is all year round.

It's a snickers not a sprint.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
By the time the Giro hits, the weather will be settled and we've fantasied our way through the low countries, they will be a dim and distance memory.

Remember, snow is just for Christmas Geekdom is all year round.

It's a snickers not a sprint.
How's the resto going? I've not had a chance of late. Every time I have a spare afternoon Mrs Chip decides she wants to do something.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How's the resto going? I've not had a chance of late. Every time I have a spare afternoon Mrs Chip decides she wants to do something.
Cotter fuckin pins.

I've now given up on saving them, and twatting them with a club hammer, they are still laughing at me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here