1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just this :lolol:

Worth adding to my embarrassing post count for I think.

Not honestly I do.
I made a prediction for the winner of a Spring Classic in the close season, last year.

I have no idea who it was, as by the time the race came round, I'd forgotten.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Not honestly I do.
I made a prediction for the winner of a Spring Classic in the close season, last year.

I have no idea who it was, as by the time the race came round, I'd forgotten.

Tell it to Tom Hark. Glad to see he's joined us this year. Be prepared for tipping advice heaven coming your way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tell it to Tom Hark. Glad to see he's joined us this year. Be prepared for tipping advice heaven coming your way.
Tom Hark Preston Park thinks I know my stuff, he'll be mortgage free by the end of this season, or flat broke and living in a gutter.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I have won a stage prize before I shared this game with you guys, by the way. A disgusting Evan's branded musette accompanied by an even worse Evan's cycling cap.

This was for joint first on a stage, some other guy got the big prize for that day.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Didn't you get a 2nd 1066? I got a 3rd, I think and I know 1066 was leading one of the grand tours, briefly.

Surely our swollen numbers can better this!

Not sure I ever led a Grand Tour did I? Did well in the Vuelta overall and not too shabby in the Giro either. I know I got a joint 1st place with 5 others on a Vuelta stage but they weren't handing out stage prizes for the Vuelta for some reason:( Mind you, if Pantani's experience were to be repeated I'm not too disappointed after all :lol:

I have won a stage prize before I shared this game with you guys, by the way. A disgusting Evan's branded musette accompanied by an even worse Evan's cycling cap.

This was for joint first on a stage, some other guy got the big prize for that day.

Good on ya!
You kept that one under your hat though (no pun intended) before pitting us lot against you. What did you do with that fantastic 'prize' out of interest? Looks like you got a real raw deal there, I'm sure the prizes I've seen advertised have been worth having.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not sure I ever led a Grand Tour did I? Did well in the Vuelta overall and not too shabby in the Giro either. I know I got a joint 1st place with 5 others on a Vuelta stage but they weren't handing out stage prizes for the Vuelta for some reason:( Mind you, if Pantani's experience were to be repeated I'm not too disappointed after all :lol:

Good on ya!
You kept that one under your hat though (no pun intended) before pitting us lot against you. What did you do with that fantastic 'prize' out of interest? Looks like you got a real raw deal there, I'm sure the prizes I've seen advertised have been worth having.

There were three of us equal I think, so they drew the winner out of a hat, maybe the one they gave me. One person got the good prize, the other two got some tat that was lying around their office. :down:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
[MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=54]teaboy[/MENTION], you are both in, 15 of us now.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
There was only about 9/10 last year wasn't there?

I think maybe 12, but really there were only six or seven of us actually picking teams for every race/stage.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
[MENTION=3858]Motogull[/MENTION] and [MENTION=54]teaboy[/MENTION], you are both in, 15 of us now.

Awesome! Prepare to feel my wrath, or something.

I think maybe 12, but really there were only six or seven of us actually picking teams for every race/stage.

I missed the start of the season last time, so decided I'd just enjoy watching how it took over people's lives...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Any one fancy a purist league as well? We could run it alongside the main one?

Just been browsing the forum over there and it appears us plebs can't run a purist league alongside a regular one. Unless we're Premium it's going to have to be one or the other. So that's that little sideshow out of the window then.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Unless we set up second accounts to be purist only. LOL

Sod that, I can't even remember my password for one account, let alone two!

I'm keen (you may have noticed), but not that keen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a shame as running both would be good fun, but I'm not paying someone for them to prove to me I'm shit at something.
Oi it's one thing copying themes, but something else when copying fellow geeks lines!

Don't tell me we have to copy write our posts, now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here