Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Hi Cycling Geeks; if this is of interest, please forward around your social network.

King and Kennaugh provide golden example that Team GB spirit is still alive

Following the decision in December by UK Sport to cut funding for a number of sports in the build-up to the Rio Games, attention turned to what the affected sports are planning for the future. By utilising Legacy 300, a free of charge project already supporting good causes, the Great Britain Handball Squad, highlighted the way Dani King, Pete Kennaugh and many members of Team GB, are uniting and reacting positively to the severe cuts.

For Track Cycling enthusiasts and general lovers of Olympic sports, there is now the opportunity to support these athletes on their Rio 2016 journey and win places on unique Training Experiences with a London 2012 Gold Medallist. The GB Handball Squads have launched an online draw with tickets costing £1, but also a place will be placed in an online auction. The proceeds of this will go towards funding both GB Handball and the athletes delivering the experience.

The draw details are on Party for the Podium - GB Handball Draw Details hope you can help!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Morning Geeks,

Just put together my provisional team for the TDU. Now I know I am amongst his most vehement critics but Andy Schleck for 3.4 credits is surely too good to miss. Other than that I have gone for the tried and tested TDU team selection method of Australians and Sprinters.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Morning Geeks,

Just put together my provisional team for the TDU. Now I know I am amongst his most vehement critics but Andy Schleck for 3.4 credits is surely too good to miss. Other than that I have gone for the tried and tested TDU team selection method of Australians and Sprinters.
Also got Schleck, which has given me a lot more leniency for picking more expensive and in-form riders. :D
2 Aussies in my team. :thumbsup:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Also got Schleck, which has given me a lot more leniency for picking more expensive and in-form riders. :D
2 Aussies in my team. :thumbsup:

Just two? I think last year I had seven, with a kiwi for good measure. I've gone a bit more realistic this year.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Just two? I think last year I had seven, with a kiwi for good measure. I've gone a bit more realistic this year.

Right, I've finished my team (hopefully for the last time), had a minor crisis with cash as I decided to add Goss in, all is fine now. :blush:

5 days :D

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Right, I've finished my team (hopefully for the last time), had a minor crisis with cash as I decided to add Goss in, all is fine now. :blush:

5 days :D

Make sure you double check your team as close as possible to the transfer deadline, there are always last minute withdrawals.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Tour de France 2014: Yorkshire, Olympic Park, Mall feature

The 2014 Tour de France will feature a stage that visits the London 2012 Olympic Park and end on the Mall after two opening stages in Yorkshire.

Leeds hosts the Grand Depart on 5 July, with the stage taking in the Yorkshire Dales before finishing in Harrogate.

Stage two starts in York and passes through Keighley and Huddersfield with Sheffield hosting the finish.

The race last visited the UK in 2007, when London hosted the prologue and the opening stage.

It will be the fourth time the Tour has visited Britain after previous visits in 1974 and 1994.

Yorkshire beat off the challenge of bids from Florence and Edinburgh to host the prestigious event.

The county has a rich cycling tradition, with Britain's first Tour stage winner Brian Robinson coming from Huddersfield.
The UK route of the 2014 Tour de France
Stage one

Leeds - Harewood - Otley - Ilkley - Skipton - Kettlewell - Aysgarth - Hawes - Reeth - Leyburn - Ripon - Harrogate
Stage two

York - Knaresborough - Silsden - Keighley - Haworth - Hebden Bridge - Elland - Huddersfield - Holmfirth - Sheffield
Stage three

Cambridge - Epping Forest - the Olympic Park - the Mall

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Nope, they'll just get greyed out.

I've gone heavy on the antipodeans as well. Schleck is cheap because he'll do bugger all (famous last words!)

Well yes, of course he will do bugger all, but normally you get the pleasure of spending close to 40 credits for him for the same result :lolol:

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Any idea how to change the password on road.cc? I'd like one I can remember....

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Any idea how to change the password on road.cc? I'd like one I can remember....

You need to go to the main site, then click on your username in the top left hand corner. Then select the edit tab, the password change is there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here