Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah 10 secs on the line.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
John Tiernan - Locke to join Sky is an open secret apparently. I'm a bit behind the news there.

Meanwhile, these last two stages will have done Cav's confidence the world of good. He certainly needed it.

So, the big question is, will Dave release Cav from his Sky contract?, and if he does, where do you think he'll end up?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Double post

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cav will do well to find a team that would give him the level of support that Sky has. Are there any teams funded well enough to buy in the talented riders and resources required?

What support? All he wants is a decent lead out train like he had at HTC. Ok, he may never get one as good as he had there, but he can do better than he gets at Sky that's for sure. Sky will always be riding for GC in Grand Tours. Cav needs a team to ride for him and stage wins in Grand Tours if he's to be truly happy I think.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
John Tiernan - Locke to join Sky is an open secret apparently. I'm a bit behind the news there.
That was heavily hinted a good 6 months ago, and JTL has done nothing since to disprove them.

So, the big question is, will Dave release Cav from his Sky contract?, and if he does, where do you think he'll end up?
Yep he has too.
I read the pro slant on a Cav move would mean, there would be a team @ Le Tour that would pick up all the slack on the flat stages.
He pretty much guarantees any team 5 wins and the Champs, so it's worth the money.
If BMC don't go after GC Froome then they have to be thinking about Cav.
Don't rule out Lotto, but don't tell Greipel.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That was heavily hinted a good 6 months ago, and JTL has done nothing since to disprove them.

Yep he has too.
I read the pro slant on a Cav move would mean, there would be a team @ Le Tour that would pick up all the slack on the flat stages.
He pretty much guarantees any team 5 wins and the Champs, so it's worth the money.
If BMC don't go after GC Froome then they have to be thinking about Cav.
Don't rule out Lotto, but don't tell Greipel.

BMC was the 1st team that came to my mind too. I mentioned this to my lad this morning saying that now Cadel is basically over the hill they're a proper stage hunting team with no real GC contenders so Cav would be ideal. However, he was straight back at me like a shot with "What about Tejay Van Garderen". Hmmm...I hadn't thought of that. He's a little way off being serious all in GC for Grand Tours just yet though don't you think? And more to the point, how long is his contract with them?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
BMC was the 1st team that came to my mind too. I mentioned this to my lad this morning saying that now Cadel is basically over the hill they're a proper stage hunting team with no real GC contenders so Cav would be ideal. However, he was straight back at me like a shot with "What about Tejay Van Garderen". Hmmm...I hadn't thought of that. He's a little way off being serious all in GC for Grand Tours just yet though don't you think? And more to the point, how long is his contract with them?
TJ will be one of the big stars of the next class, not this one.
Rabobank are sprint heavy without having a sprinter good enough, but don't tell Renshaw.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
...and Garmin might appreciate one that can stay upright too :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

ALM AG2R LA MONDIALE FRA No money
AST ASTANA PRO TEAM KAZ Plenty of money, but...
BMC BMC RACING TEAM USA
EUS EUSKALTEL - EUSKADI ESP Not Catalan enough
FDJ FDJ-BIG MAT FRA No money
GRS GARMIN - SHARP USA GC, but a wins a win
KAT KATUSHA TEAM RUS GC
LAM LAMPRE - ISD ITA Too Italian
LIQ LIQUIGAS-CANNONDALE ITA Sagan
LTB LOTTO BELISOL TEAM BEL Griepel
MOV MOVISTAR TEAM ESP GC
OPQ OMEGA PHARMA-QUICKSTEP BEL All about the Classics
OGE ORICA GREENEDGE AUS Would be wrong!
RAB RABOBANK CYCLING TEAM NED As said
RNT RADIOSHACK-NISSAN LUX Team in flux
SKY SKY PROCYCLING GBR
STB TEAM SAXO BANK-TINKOFF BANK DEN GC
VCD VACANSOLEIL-DCM PRO CYCLING TEAM No money

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Pretty good summing up there :thumbsup:

You forgot our favourite Europcar of course, but I suppose you got bored of keep writing - No money.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Funny how the French teams have no money, and yet it's basically their sport.

Bit like football being ours and we're shit at it I suppose :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pretty good summing up there :thumbsup:

You forgot our favourite Europcar of course, but I suppose you got bored of keep writing - No money.
There's no doubting he's going to cost.
But as said it wouldn't kill Sky to off load, so I don't see it being a compo situation a la Sky/Garmin/Wiggo.
Cav's wages alone will put most teams out of the equation.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
ALM AG2R LA MONDIALE FRA No money
AST ASTANA PRO TEAM KAZ Plenty of money, but...
BMC BMC RACING TEAM USA
EUS EUSKALTEL - EUSKADI ESP Not Basque enough
FDJ FDJ-BIG MAT FRA No money
GRS GARMIN - SHARP USA GC, but a wins a win
KAT KATUSHA TEAM RUS GC
LAM LAMPRE - ISD ITA Too Italian, but the Italian's love Cav
LIQ LIQUIGAS-CANNONDALE ITA Sagan
LTB LOTTO BELISOL TEAM BEL Griepel
MOV MOVISTAR TEAM ESP GC
OPQ OMEGA PHARMA-QUICKSTEP BEL All about the Classics
OGE ORICA GREENEDGE AUS Would be wrong!
RAB RABOBANK CYCLING TEAM NED As said
RNT RADIOSHACK-NISSAN LUX Team in flux
SKY SKY PROCYCLING GBR
STB TEAM SAXO BANK-TINKOFF BANK DEN GC
VCD VACANSOLEIL-DCM PRO CYCLING TEAM No money

It will be this one. They need someone to provide wins/profile for the other eleven months of the year. You heard it here first :wink:

I've also added some corrections for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here