[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another classic 'cycling geeks' binfest! :lol:

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
Why thank you. Got lucky right from the off on this Vuelta and as Pantani said, it was pretty predictable team picks for most of it after that.

Btw, typical sneak from AVV today to take 2 jersey's off of J Rod :( Oh well, that's racing I suppose.

Well played 1066!!!

Really felt for J Rod today, having been in charge of 3 Jerseys for the majority of the three weeks to end up empty handed must be pretty gut wrenching. As you say thats racing though.

Got any tips for the Worlds? :wink:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Gilbert looks to be coming into a bit of form and won't be as heavily marked as the last few years.

Hopefully we'll do better than the Olympic RR fantasy when most of us got single figure scores!

Is there any way of looking back at the results of each race in our fantasy league?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is there any way of looking back at the results of each race in our fantasy league?
Keep clicking on stuff and you should find what you're after.

In 'leagues' if you click on the team name you can see where the points came from:-

2points in stage 6 of the Tour of Qatar, tisk tisk.

or

In 'stages' click on each event and you can see which riders scored what.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Any NSC cycling geeks going to take in Stage 8: reigate - guildford?

If so, what are your plans to get the most out of viewing? i.e watching the first sprint finish in Dorking, then heading over to Crocknorth Rd, or Leith Hill for one of the climbs, or perhaps Shere, then Staple Lane? Am I talking rubbish?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Keep clicking on stuff and you should find what you're after.

In 'leagues' if you click on the team name you can see where the points came from:-

2points in stage 6 of the Tour of Qatar, tisk tisk.

or

In 'stages' click on each event and you can see which riders scored what.

Got that far, just couldn't see the NSC league for each race e.g tour/giro.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Help, i have been overrun with a backlog of recorded cycling to catch up on. Last two stages of veulta, 2 stages of Tour of Britian and the Canadian one dayer.

Should I stay on the news black out or just read up and join back in with the chat.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Help, i have been overrun with a backlog of recorded cycling to catch up on. Last two stages of veulta, 2 stages of Tour of Britian and the Canadian one dayer.

Should I stay on the news black out or just read up and join back in with the chat.
Well you can watch the last day of the Vuelta on FF.
Much the same with the first day of ToB, set yourself up for the finish.
Canada, your keen.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Attachments

• Vicky.jpg
    Vicky.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 36

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's no tiger suit and bowler hat.

I guess we'll now see how far I'm prepared to go for Mrs Stat.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well played 1066!!!

Really felt for J Rod today, having been in charge of 3 Jerseys for the majority of the three weeks to end up empty handed must be pretty gut wrenching. As you say thats racing though.

Thanks.

As for tips for the worlds, SB seems to be holding a few aces up his sleeve for that. Maybe you can help tease them out of him. I've tried but no joy as yet.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Gilbert looks to be coming into a bit of form and won't be as heavily marked as the last few years.

Hopefully we'll do better than the Olympic RR fantasy when most of us got single figure scores!

Not sure how to look back on scores, but I know I managed to snatch Olympic fantasy gold after a decent ITT result :wink: I wasn't ahead after the road race though. I also know you managed to take the winners jersey on offer for the combined Spring Classics.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thanks.

As for tips for the worlds, SB seems to be holding a few aces up his sleeve for that. Maybe you can help tease them out of him. I've tried but no joy as yet.
Don't encourage me!

Anyway it's only the one ace, which isn't Boonan, Sagan or Gilbert.
In other words it's a big call.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Any NSC cycling geeks going to take in Stage 8: reigate - guildford?

If so, what are your plans to get the most out of viewing? i.e watching the first sprint finish in Dorking, then heading over to Crocknorth Rd, or Leith Hill for one of the climbs, or perhaps Shere, then Staple Lane? Am I talking rubbish?

I'm seriously considering it. Trouble is my 13yr old has a match on Sunday morning and the squad is a bit thin on the ground this season so will feel a bit bad taking him out and the team then not having enough players. I'll see how the land lies with his new manager and take it from there - may just go with our eldest daughter and get someone else to give the lad a lift to and from the football.

Not planned any race route yet though anyway. Let me know if you've got something good planned.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Don't encourage me!

Anyway it's only the one ace, which isn't Boonan, Sagan or Gilbert.
In other words it's a big call.

Come on, let your old muckers in on it. Be rude not to. If not, can we play a guessing game?

Starting with....Is he Polish?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We went last year.
The route being a crit round London.
TT in the morning, x amount of laps in the afternoon.

The rest of the time having a wander and milling around the 'pits'.

It was fantastic, every pro/team was immense and all went above and beyond what a professional sports man should do, to accommodate their fans.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on, let your old muckers in on it. Be rude not to. If not, can we play a guessing game?

Starting with....Is he Polish?
I will deffo spill, just waiting for the start list and betting.

I dug out this re ToB from last year.
Judging by my comments on last years Worlds, I wouldn't get too excited by my 'knowledge'.

Cycling - Back from Tour of Britain...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here