Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I know, interviews, brilliant!

Who is your best mate in the peleton? I mean really, wtf this is TV not Match magazine. Sometimes they really do shoot themselves in the foot.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Who is your best mate in the peleton? I mean really, wtf this is TV not Match magazine. Sometimes they really do shoot themselves in the foot.

It wasn't far off that early Alan Partridge interview when it was just on radio and he interviewed the French racing driver who would only answer if it was an interesting question...go to 5:15 for the comparison with Eurosport!

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
hi everyone :) i have a road bike and commute on it every day from central worthing to shoreham harbour, so i'm getting alright at it i guess
i was looking to do a long cycle this weekend, around 30/40 miles as the weather is meant to be perfect, does anyone have any recomendations of a good loop around the worthing area?
cheers :)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
What the f*** is up with the commentators? That caption displayed the earlier sprint at 90 odd km, how are they so stupid.

Impressive stuff from Contador, how much do you think he bunged Tiralongo?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If ever the expression "the race has exploded" was needed, this is it! Riders all over the road and J Rod out of Red for sure :(

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What the f*** is up with the commentators? That caption displayed the earlier sprint at 90 odd km, how are they so stupid.

Impressive stuff from Contador, how much do you think he bunged Tiralongo?

Old team mates innit.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wow, Contador, what a performance. Poor Rodriguez, 2 riders from rival teams on his wheel all that way, 1st to 3rd ouch.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Absolutely gutted for Purito :( Hats off to Contador for making plan D work, but I can't truly be happy for him, exciting though he is to watch.

Fantasy wise I've suffered big time today too, gambling big on the break by taking out AVV & Quintana last night :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
hi everyone :) i have a road bike and commute on it every day from central worthing to shoreham harbour, so i'm getting alright at it i guess
i was looking to do a long cycle this weekend, around 30/40 miles as the weather is meant to be perfect, does anyone have any recomendations of a good loop around the worthing area?
Bold Seagulls route, is good, you might find the hills around Arundel a bit tough, though.
Washington, Long Furlong, Ferring, coast road home might be preferable, and pretty much 30 miles.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely gutted for Purito :( Hats off to Contador for making plan D work, but I can't truly be happy for him, exciting though he is to watch.

Fantasy wise I've suffered big time today too, gambling big on the break by taking out AVV & Quintana last night :facepalm:

ha ha listening to me!.

Sounds like I've been hammered.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wow, Contador, what a performance. Poor Rodriguez, 2 riders from rival teams on his wheel all that way, 1st to 3rd ouch.

Yep, sitting there like bloody vultures watching him suffer. Oh well, that's racing I suppose. This Vuelta has been an absolute classic it has to be said.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Wow! Not sure what to say about that, Contador has destroyed the peleton on the flat, Froome loses five minutes. I suppose it is all down to how tough the three days in the mountains were.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I've not really got to grips with the fantasy point scoring yet, but I did bring AVV and Quintana back in this morning, so you've made me feel better!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
ha ha listening to me!.

Sounds like I've been hammered.

Well our late night conversation probably didn't help, no :wrong: :jester:

I had planned to stay safe but Sam's words about going for GC were ringing in my ears too, so I went for broke. Always knew something crazy GC wise could happen today, but a gamble on a break (which really wasn't a huge gamble as it did look likely) just seemed to good to miss.

Oh well, shit or bust tactics are much more exciting anyway.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wow! Not sure what to say about that, Contador has destroyed the peleton on the flat, Froome loses five minutes. I suppose it is all down to how tough the three days in the mountains were.

Yep. The stage finished nearly an hour before the approx finish time ! :eek: Ok, we know approx finish times don't necessarily mean much, but it is some indication, along with riders scattered all over the road, at just how crazy the pace set by Saxo (along with quite a few mates) was today. Phenomenal stage!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I forgot to ask the obvious 'geek' question:-

What are you riding?

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
Great ride by Contador that really was do or die today and shows that all his previous attacks on J-Rod were having an effect, even if it wasn't obvious at the time.

Not great day Fantasy wise for me, think I may well be out of the top 3 again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here