Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Amazing stage yesterday, what a B*astard of a finish, reminded me of Chimmney Stack up in North Yorkshire but about 20 times longer. How do you get any type of rotation or forward motion going.

How you recover from putting your limbs through that defies me. Saturdays last mountain stage should be some epic ending to what has been a fantastic Grand Tour season.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am just outside Tour in October and was thinking great, pop down for the Paris-Tour Classic, I am sure they changed the route last year due to the building of Trams.

However cannot find any sign of it being on this year, am I just missing something. Normally its a week before Lombardi, has it been dropped for the new Bejing classic, I hope not.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Cheers, I autually looked at this site but did not read it for some reason. :dunce:

Quality, all I need now is Cav to fancy a nice Sunday ride

2012 Paris-Tours, the race will this year be disputed between the start city Châteauneuf-en-Thymerais and the usual finish city, Tours, Date, Takes place on Sunday 07 October.

Will have to work out where the new finish is, old one was on a lovely Boulevard with really nice cafes.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Re: Fantasy Cycling.

There's a thread over there on suggestions on game changes for next year. I sort of jumped in with both feet without thinking regarding what we've already talked about on here - a league team competing against other leagues. I had to get my rest day fantasy cycling fix somehow I suppose.

Anyway, apologies to Pantani here as he's the one who invited us all to the fantasy game and I don't want to be treading on any toes. Just as I wouldn't dream of starting an Official Tour Thread on here as that's SB's job :kiss: Anyway, just thought I'd mention it here as it's being discussed over there and others seem to have had that idea too. I for one would love to have some sort of NSC team competing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would be fun.
Just so long as us lesser lights don't get too pressured by the big boys, when were throw in a 16!

I'm in for tomorrow, Gilbert, Cunego and Kessiakoff are my leading lights.
Not sure about Kess, I think it's right team wrong rider, but I couldn't place who else it might be.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Re: Fantasy Cycling.

There's a thread over there on suggestions on game changes for next year. I sort of jumped in with both feet without thinking regarding what we've already talked about on here - a league team competing against other leagues. I had to get my rest day fantasy cycling fix somehow I suppose.

Anyway, apologies to Pantani here as he's the one who invited us all to the fantasy game and I don't want to be treading on any toes. Just as I wouldn't dream of starting an Official Tour Thread on here as that's SB's job :kiss: Anyway, just thought I'd mention it here as it's being discussed over there and others seem to have had that idea too. I for one would love to have some sort of NSC team competing.

As you probably remember, I think it would be a good idea. Would be difficult deciding how much to share though!

Can the administrator remove people from a league? Just that a few haven't bothered picking teams and it would drag the average down. Maybe top 3 stage scores from each league to count?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Would be fun.
Just so long as us lesser lights don't get too pressured by the big boys, when were throw in a 16!

I'm in for tomorrow, Gilbert, Cunego and Kessiakoff are my leading lights.
Not sure about Kess, I think it's right team wrong rider, but I couldn't place who else it might be.

16 you say?, as much as that! That's double figures you know :p :jester:

I was considering going Gilbert for tomorrow. If I was stage hunting I might well have thrown Moncoutie in somehow too as he seems to be itching to get up the road. As it is I'm still happy with my team as it stands so I'm going to stick again rather than just use up transfers for the sake of it. As for Kessiakoff, I reckon there's a few in Astana that would be worth the gamble.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
16 you say?, as much as that! That's double figures you know :p :jester:

I was considering going Gilbert for tomorrow. If I was stage hunting I might well have thrown Moncoutie in somehow too as he seems to be itching to get up the road. As it is I'm still happy with my team as it stands so I'm going to stick again rather than just use up transfers for the sake of it. As for Kessiakoff, I reckon there's a few in Astana that would be worth the gamble.
See what I mean, you've started already :down: :lol:

Gilbert has to be a firm favourite, for tomorrow, esp if he has designs on The Worlds.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As you probably remember, I think it would be a good idea. Would be difficult deciding how much to share though!

Can the administrator remove people from a league? Just that a few haven't bothered picking teams and it would drag the average down. Maybe top 3 stage scores from each league to count?

I was thinking similar about league members who no longer pick teams. I can't work out whether a zero score would affect the average or not though? Surely not?, but maths makes my head hurt!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
See what I mean, you've started already :down: :lol:

Gilbert has to be a firm favourite, for tomorrow, esp if he has designs on The Worlds.

I thought so too when looking at the profile and considering the form he seems to be riding in to. Although it hits 10% right at the summit apparently so maybe a good climber might be able to do him if he's in a break that gets away? Having said that, I'm also not entirely convinced a break will succeed. A chance for Purito to really rub Bertie's face in it perhaps?, or Saxo to drive it ultra hard all day?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought so too when looking at the profile and considering the form he seems to be riding in to. Although it hits 10% right at the summit apparently so maybe a good climber might be able to do him if he's in a break that gets away? Having said that, I'm also not entirely convinced a break will succeed. A chance for Purito to really rub Bertie's face in it perhaps?, or Saxo to drive it ultra hard all day?
I can't see the big boys coming out to play, it's been such a hard tour.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And that is probably the best summing up, yes. But this has been such an epic GC battle it has me thinking of all sorts of possibilities. Besides which I'd love to see Contador move onto Plan D and fail miserably with that too :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
AC must know he's done, he can hardly do over AVV let alone J-Rod.
It has to be 'last man standing' on the penultimate stage, with heroic grandstanding towards j-Rod by the other 2.

Cue massive attack from the 3 of them, tomorrow.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
'Tis a right result having no Albion game this weekend too. Saturday's stage should be another thriller.

Having used half a day's holiday for yesterdays stage, I've got the other half day off work to go with it for tomorrows stage too :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm pretty sure it'll be a highlights day tomorrow, which is a shame as it's an intriguing stage.

There's plenty that could happen, a fair few rouleurs who haven't really had much of a look in and will want to show, tomorrow.

Plus as said if Gilbert is intent on coming second in the Worlds, behind my fella he needs to be showing tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here