Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currie to Chesterfield?

Spireite Till I DIe

Jul 15, 2008
You haven't answered one of my previous posts, is the surrounding area of Chesterfield nice? Because in 2001 the town looked like a shithole.

in 2001 you obviously didnt stop for long mate. the town itself is nice. but with every place, as with brighton there are some less desirable parts. when we play you next year perhaps you should have more of a look

in 2001 you obviously didnt stop for long mate. the town itself is nice. but with every place, as with brighton there are some less desirable parts. when we play you next year perhaps you should have more of a look

I may do that, and if you can recommend any genuine good pubs I'll have a drink or two too! In 2001 it looked as if the whole place was derelict and had lots of buildings boarded up ready to be knocked down.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I may do that, and if you can recommend any genuine good pubs I'll have a drink or two too! In 2001 it looked as if the whole place was derelict and had lots of buildings boarded up ready to be knocked down.
Whenever fans clash on the net why do that old chestnut keep cropping up? My town is better then yours:rolleyes:

Whenever fans clash on the net why do that old chestnut keep cropping up? My town is better then yours:rolleyes:

I don't know why, but I haven't said Brighton is better than Chesterfield, I said from what I saw of it Chesterfield looked like a right shithole in 2001.

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
I think Chesterfield is a nice enough place and can probably get better beer than in Brighton. Had a job interview with the post office a few years back. I got rejected but enjoyed a few beers before and after. Maybe too many before!! I am though happier to be in Amsterdam though!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I am firmly in the glad he didn´t sign camp but worry that DK and MA will have taken their eye of the ball and stopped looking for someone who can put a decent ball in the middle. I like the fact that we are a "nice" club but things like this make us look more naive than nice.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's a shame as he would have been a good option to have, however the clubs ambition is to get into the championship so if a player doesn't have that then we don't need him.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
No time to read through all of this, but the thing that stood out to me was that Cheaterfield offered him a three year deal. I'm sure that was the clincher. He doesn't have three years at League one level, certainly not at Championship level which is where we aspire to be. There's no way we would have offered him that length of contract.

I'm happy. Never wanted him anyway. Let's start looking forward rather than back.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No big deal. He would have been a handy bench player, but he's no spring chicken and has no sell-on value anymore.

Also, you've got to question the guy's career choices thus far, I mean going to Luton, then dropping down to League 2 with Chesterfield??

doncasterseagull

Kasabian!!!
May 23, 2008
Doncaster
im glad he didnt sign as i said all along i only saw him as a back up and three times hes snubbed this club!
he would have been a good option but o well hopefully we can get someone else in!
:bigwave: curry good luck with the spirites

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
good riddance to him had reservations about his age anyway. if we do sign this ash robinson he sounds like a gd talent. we shall see......

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
. He's 34 and a contract of that length gives him security for pretty much the rest of his career.

I doubt we offered him anything more than a year, if we get promoted this season there is no way a near 36 year old Darren Currie would be good enough for the Championship.

He's 33 and would be 34 if we got promoted this season?

Oct 25, 2003
Didnt you lose to mansfield last year :laugh:

didn't you play in the league below us last year?

i'm not overly bothered, i more admire currie for his FLAIR attributes- lack of running, white boots and that. Sure, he would've been useful, his crosses are worth a few goals easily, but we also have Cox and Mcleod who are easily good enough for this league, Currie would've been useful back up.

Not sure if he'll be THAT good in league 2, might be a bit to 'physical' for his liking. Probably still curl in a few free kicks though.

There's no way i'd want him for 3 years, he'll be an utter GASH FESTIVAL for atleast a year of that.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
He's 33 and would be 34 if we got promoted this season?

Yes you are right he is 33, will be 34 in November, so I was a year out.

A near 35 year old Darren Currie would not be good enough for the Championship which is where we are looking to head to. A 33 coming up to 34 year old Darren Currie would have been good enough for our bench though in League 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here