Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currie to Chesterfield?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You have to wonder if he'll screw Cheaterfield when he's ready.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How DARE he put his financial security before the chance to play in front of the most fickle fans in LEAGUE ONE.

BURN HIM

northampton_seagull

Jun 17, 2008
Northampton
didnt want him to sign, too old. atleast it now forces adams to find someone good.
he was good the first time he was here but hes now on his last playing legs.

he'll be playing non-league soon anyway.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
How DARE he put his financial security before the chance to play in front of the most fickle fans in LEAGUE ONE.

BURN HIM
Brighton fans are no different to any others... in fact there are a lot worse in my experience.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
disappointing (if true... has anything been confirmed) but can see that he would rather get 3 years than 1 or even 2 here. also closer to family or no need to move them? im sure some will try to imply he was waiting for this deal, not waiting on Luton, but i thikn the reason was genuine and we just got gazumped. as frustrating as that is, this wasnt a first team key player and he hadnt actually signed yet. anyone knocking him for this needs to first consider what they would have done at the fag end of their career

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
not really that big a deal can't blame him expect he was going to get 1 year with option not first 11 regular, now has 3 years regular 1st team and will be the star of the team

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004

BURN HIM

Exactly, almost all footballers are mercenaries with short working careers (although that doesn't mean they have to retire at 40) and to be fair he hasn't been paid from his last job yet.

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
disappointing (if true... has anything been confirmed) but can see that he would rather get 3 years than 1 or even 2 here. also closer to family or no need to move them? im sure some will try to imply he was waiting for this deal, not waiting on Luton, but i thikn the reason was genuine and we just got gazumped. as frustrating as that is, this wasnt a first team key player and he hadnt actually signed yet. anyone knocking him for this needs to first consider what they would have done at the fag end of their career

The story on the BBC Football Chesterfield website from Thursday 10th July had their manager saying that he was close to signing an experienced left-sided midfielder & that he had been working on the player for "a long time".

I appreciate he's got to get himself the best possible deal, but I can't help feeling he's been leading Micky Adams along a bit.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The story on the BBC Football Chesterfield website from Thursday 10th July had their manager saying that he was close to signing an experienced left-sided midfielder & that he had been working on the player for "a long time".

I appreciate he's got to get himself the best possible deal, but I can't help feeling he's been leading Micky Adams along a bit.

More fool Adams for going public before he actually signed on the dotted line.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

why do we assume he's led anyone along? maybe the club got the wrong end of the stick? how often have you ever seen player sign before they sign? the bbc point there certainly implies this isnt a sudden change of heart. methinks we will never hear the full and true story, and as such we should leave Currie to it, without some vilification i can see is already started.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Must say that I am not too concerned or disappointed that he hasnt signed as, having watched Kevin Mc Leod and his crossing on Saturday at Worthing I think that he will more than fill the need that we have. He is confident to take on the full back and happy to use either foot.

Do not think that we need to waste money on Westlake.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Who gives a toss about Currie? I certainly don't. Good riddance I say. If he'd rather play for Cheaterfield it doesn't say much for his ambition.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Currie is a c u n t .....thats 3 times he has shit on us and we saved the slow wankers working life when it was going now where...the wanker used as again just like he used us last year when he went to Luton.......c u n t of the highest order...cuntiefield cheating scum are welcome to this fat slow piece of shit for 3 years

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
More his loss than ours, no way was he worth a three year contract with his history.

Thought his turn around was remarkable after seeing him overweight pre-season for us.

I'm glad we managed to turn his career around, but file under wasted talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here