Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currie to Chesterfield?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Disappointing but hey ho, onwards and upwards and it is no big deal.

and see u next season wen we go up n u stay in league 1 and we can sing the old favourite 'lets all laugh at brighton' and darren currie rips you to shreds :lolol:

:salute:

That'll be the Darren Currie who'll be another two years older by then possibly (assuming by some sort of miracle you do go up) .......... you have seen him run, right?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It sounds like he's behaved badly. We were right not to offer him a three year deal. Nevertheless it's a big blow. He would have been a very good signing as we are in dire need of some creativity. He's a much under-estimated player by many on this board. It leaves us with a big creative vacuum and we'll probably have to get the cheque book out now to get someone comparable. Let's hope we do.

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
can't blame him.....not much security in football...I know harty and Kerry are loved by all but really they are not up to it are they....Richards at left back...would sort it....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just a thought if micky wasn't much of a fan of currie why was he trying to sign him.?

"Perhaps Adams isn't much of a fan of his personality anyway...might not be such a disaster"

He wasn't surprised that Currie chose to go with a three year contract as opposed to a two year contract? Must try harder Debs. I am sure there will be better opportunities to undermine Micky.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Why do people rate Currie on here so much.

He scored a couple of decent free-kicks and could pass the ball a bit.

That's it! He's nothing special - he's slow and gave the ball away a lot.....
and that was two or so years ago.

I'm pleased he hasn't come to us - he would be a liability

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Paying for past performance is an absolutely lethal habit for front offices in all sports to fall into.

Evaluate on past performance, but only pay for future performance, is the message of works like Moneyball. Thus the rise of the incentive-laden contracts in American sports.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Adams Out!

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Couldn't care less myself.

He's too old to be considered a sensible signing, too slow to be considered a human being, and only hits the odd pass of note each week.
League two material.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Ah well sod it, we've got Mcleod so don't need currie anyway.

and see u next season wen we go up n u stay in league 1 and we can sing the old favourite 'lets all laugh at brighton' and darren currie rips you to shreds :lolol:

Darren Currie couldn't rip a wet paper bag to shreds you idiot-mainly because it would out-run him.

If you care to look at all of the Currie threads on here I think you'll find that a lot of us weren't over-joyed at the prospect of one of the league's slowest players returning to us.

"Let's all laugh at Brighton"? What's that all about then? Because we were promoted as champions ahead of you cheating twats? Go on then, have a good laugh.

Delusional fool!

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Darren Currie couldn't rip a wet paper bag to shreds you idiot-mainly because it would out-run him.

If you care to look at all of the Currie threads on here I think you'll find that a lot of us weren't over-joyed at the prospect of one of the league's slowest players returning to us.

"Let's all laugh at Brighton"? What's that all about then? Because we were promoted as champions ahead of you cheating twats? Go on then, have a good laugh.

Delusional fool!

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here