Cullip return?

Would you want cullip back?

• Yes Please

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • No thanks

Votes: 63 67.0%

• Total voters

Kylies Stunt Arse said:
He was a bully, that's his style, and it no longer suits us IMHO.

But if that's true, why did McGhee attempt to get him back? That's the conundrum this new bandwagon of Cullip-dissing can't answer :)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Is that not just sentiment blinding your view though?

Yes he was part of a successful team here, integral to most of it, but the team and the times have changed as have the opposition. He was a bully, that's his style, and it no longer suits us IMHO.

Maybe, I don't recall many people calling him a bully when he was here though, he was a leader, a captain, and a bloody good defender as well.

He's a former Brighton legend, but honestly i'd prefer him not to return. I think in Hinsh we have a great player, and i'd prefer to have him play with Butters for as long as possible. Reason being, i think he'll learn more from the Tank.

Sammy the seagull said:
I would of liked to see Paul Brooker back aswell.I know he was a bit of a tart, but he was a good player. Saying that he would not get in our team at the mo with our wingers playing so well.

I think Jarrett will be twice the player Brooker ever was.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Bwian said:
So you're saying his style of captaincy wasn't of the bullying type? What he did to Pethick was inexcusable and he constantly blamed others (by bawling them out).

I don't think Danny Cullip was a bully. From his perfromances, his interviews and so on he appeared to be a nice bloke, a key member in the banter and team spirit and a very important player for us. Yeah he was verbal, and it times he may have gone to far, although that was on the football pitch. I don't think in general though he was excessively OTT. And besides, this is going a bit off topic, I've already said I don't think we need him back.

Last edited:

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
KinkyGoebels said:
Errrrr.... Cos hes the best defender wew have had at the club for years maybe

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
KinkyGoebels said:
mcshane and hinsh are better
Mcshane...maybe, But hes only on loan which means he aint ours.Hinsh might be one day lets see how he recovers from his injury, some players never fully recover from injuries like his.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
cullip hoofs the ball out - mcshane passes it out - think your the one that needs to get real

well stop slating legends of the club u cock!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
BensGrandad said:
Most definitely not as he proved with us and again at Sheff Utd that he is out of his depth in this division. A very good Div 1 or 2 defender but not good enough for the championship or for us to use to build on for the future.

Bollocks. He was excellent under Coppell at this level, and fine last year. I'd love to have he back, he's a quality player - I don't care if he shouts at people a bit.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
or what? And i didnt slate him did I? your making things up.

:shootself

London Irish said:
But if that's true, why did McGhee attempt to get him back? That's the conundrum this new bandwagon of Cullip-dissing can't answer :)

I think McGhee saw it as a short term loan option, not a long term deal. In fact if I remember correctly, as I was also at the fans forum, he said he'd inquired but he knew that he wouldn't be able to afford him anyway. Could it not be a cheeky way of keeping some fans that wanted to see him back happy? We can't be sure that the enquiry ever actually happened.

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
KinkyGoebels said:
I see your point there - i agree with parts of it but not all of it. You started of well but its the second part of it i take issue with.
:tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here