Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Palace didn't have a shot on target except the penalty and we didn't win. That's awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
All the cheating diving and timewasting has reinvigorated my dislike for anything within a 10 milre radius of Croydon.

We should have one but for managerial ineptitude

Lucky in some ways to get a pint

White looked much better, Bissouma played well.

Quite pleased we have to play without Dunk for a few games, he's been off form, we have nothing to worry about there.

COnnolly needs to stop diving. Hopefully Welbeck features, we need to beat WBA.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Problem is that Connoly will get a reputation for it! It will be the classic ' boy who cried wolf' and we'll miss out on a decision when he is genuinely fouled.

Based on the current standard of refereeing I would be telling all the players to go down at the slightest touch. Batshuayi did it and it got his team a point.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We completely outplayed them away from home. Would have been a nightmare if we'd lost that so, all in all, a good result in my book. Not convinced Dunk is as massive a loss as he might have been in previous seasons, he has had errors in his game so far this season and Burn and Veltman both v good at centre back.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Not sure I agree. As a team that used to put out performances like palace did there, we know that it can frustrate even the best teams. We found a way back even after palace were handed a goal on a platter by Stuart Atwell.

Palace created 0 (ZERO) chances in that game.

Zero.

Yep, Palace created Zero chances and we created one with 67% possession! We have won 4 games in 22 in 2020. I would say we have a bit of work to do!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
A truck load of possession, no end product, Palace shite, poor game to watch, lucky it wasn't on PPV.

Potter, free pass to manage in the Premier League, still not convinced, tippy tappy football need to short it out and quick..

larus

I’m surprised at the fans who think this ‘papers over the cracks’.

Compared to where we were under CH, we’ve made massive strides. Controlling games but we don’t seem to be getting the luck. Dodgy penalties against us, hitting woodwork, etc.

Personally, I’m happy with the obvious progress, and this will only keep improving during this season.

Compare that to Palace - what have they got to look forward to. Wow, a ‘backs to the wall’ struggle to hold onto a 1-0 lead. Never enjoyed that under CH and much more enjoyable now.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Feels like a defeat.

Given the lateness of the goal, I'd say precisely the reverse. Happy enough with that. Away points are always to be celebrated and that lot are very hard to break down. Only one team tried to play football. We're a work in progress and we've augmented our forward options today so I'm certainly not going to have any hissy fits.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If we can all see it why aren't our coaching team sorting it out. It can't be that difficult.

Sort it out? Zaha has made a career out of cheating to gain advantage. Their first goal was cheating to gain advantage.

There was 100% a hand on his back .....enough to push him over? No probably not, but it wasn't like March with no contact.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
A very frustrating game to watch. Against them, I always feel the result is more important than the performance(yeah I know always is blah blah). What I absolutely get wound up over is our inability to have a pop at goal when the opportunity arises. Four or five decent chances to have a crack first time, but they're trying to score the perfect goal.....just hit it for gosh sake!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here