Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Will Stephen replace Bissouma who I thought had an a great game.

I bloody hope so, I thought he was good, but greedy and instead of a simple pass to put people in on goal several times he got greedy and took the long range effort instead with no one close to even get a rebound if one occurred. He needs to cut that shit out....

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Dominant performance - seemed like a practice match at times - but we failed to get behind them. Still, it’s an away point in the prem so I’ll settle for that.

At times the Palarse players just stood there as we played the ball around and between them I agree with you seemed like a practice match at times:albion2:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It was a penalty and perhaps Benteke should have been off.

At the end of the day most of our efforts were long range efforts which gives the keeper time to do something , good we are shooting but a bit more venon is required. Dunk needed to do better with that header.

We looked a good footballing side.

Will Stephen replace Bissouma who I thought had an a great game.

It's annoying how little a threat we are from corners generally considering the presence we have in the box. Our defenders really need to practise attacking headers if they're going to be in the box for corners. 50p head headers most of the time from Dunk et al in the box

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
They're not always right, but you haven't given a reason why they are wrong apart from blind faith so i'm inclined to agree with them.

Reason?

I thought it was obvious.

A few minutes before Zaha goes to shoot on his right, Montoya sells himself.

You would have thought that Montoya would then be wary of doing that again.

Zaha goes to shoot on his right, Nontoya sells himself, goal.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This. Montoya possibly man of the match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only concern is that he cannot get to the goal line and cross. there were a number of occasions when he should have done that and didn't. Just shows what a great player Bruno was even though he ' didn't have any pace'.???

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Chin up lads.. it’s a sign how good we are now that we’re disappointed in any dropped points. It’s also a sign how we’re going away now and dominating games, as we did tonight.

If Potter keeps improving us we are going to be some force next season.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Still in enemy territory. Just waiting the train to pass the UN border at Balham, at which point I can relax.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Bit like Wayne Bridge then.

The SEGW is a right f***ing whining, diving, pain in the arse, but to be fair, but he is one of their own, and he's not a bad player. That's why I love it so much when he has a complete nightmare against us (which he was 3 seconds away from doing tonight). Hopefully, he'll die on his arse at the Amex :thumbsup:

Frustrating, but overall a point is good.

He won't be a Palace player when they come to the Amex

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
How lucky was their keeper from that Propper chip to the far post at the corner?

Thought Maupay did well and that would have been a goal 99 times out of 100.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My only concern is that he cannot get to the goal line and cross. there were a number of occasions when he should have done that and didn't. Just shows what a great player Bruno was even though he ' didn't have any pace'.???

Yes good point TBF. Montoya’s work rate today was exceptional though and he found space well as they tucked in against Mooy and Bissouma. Should have been a penalty on him in the first half. Carragher called it correctly, shame about Pawson and VAR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
great passing performance. v slick for most of match. though we still lack a real cutting edge sd be fashioning more good chances instead of taking pot shots from 30m

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Chin up lads.. it’s a sign how good we are now that we’re disappointed in any dropped points. It’s also a sign how we’re going away now and dominating games, as we did tonight.

If Potter keeps improving us we are going to be some force next season.

I’ve said for a while if we stay up this season, next season could be huge...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here