Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Harsh. He had him in his pocket the whole game and also managed to be one of our most threatening attackers. Great performance and to be honest.... it was a pretty wonderful goal.
Maybe harsh, but "he had him in his pocket" ......yup. Except when he gave him a yard in the box and he scored. A yard. Maybe less. That's all it takes.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Despite only getting a point we are so bloody good best I've seen ever as a Brighton team in world class league. What this team can do with just that 1 top class striker God only knows

Once we start taking our chances, being clinical, agreed. We are going to be a real force if we can capitalise on our performances.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
First 70 or so we totally dominated and but for the dubious VAR shout in the first half it could have been three points tonight. They looked lethargic and half asleep at times. Last 20 minutes the effects of the Temazepam wore off and they caused us a few problems. Point away in this league is always acceptable, however on the balance of play, a little annoying not to take all three.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A glance on their site and they know they robbed us. I did laugh at this comment though..
'Benteke had his best game in 2 years,
A solid 5/10'

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
First 70 or so we totally dominated and but for the dubious VAR shout in the first half it could have been three points tonight. They looked lethargic and half asleep at times. Last 20 minutes the effects of the Temazepam wore off and they caused us a few problems. Point away in this league is always acceptable however on the balance of play, a little annoying not to take all three.

We've had to settled for less than we've than we've deserved so many times this season it is becoming a tad bloody frustrating, though, especially when it's your rivals. Absolutely smashed them off the park for 70 minutes. Christ we need to start putting these games to bed or we'll find ourselves in a battle to stay up despite playing the best football I've ever seen us play

Never thought I'd be feeling as annoyed as I do post game at the 70 minute mark

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think tonight showed us just how difficult this league is. But it also showed us how the Albion belong in it.

Until the inevitable pressure they were sublime. A joy to watch. Potterball is so pleasing on the eye.

But unless you have world class players abounding it's never easy. They have one outstanding player. He did the business.

I think there will be a game when we rip a side to shreds. And a time of three wins in a row.

We always want more. But this is a lovely team to watch. The best of ours I've seen at this level.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How can you give him MOTM when his falling for exactly the same move Zaha had done a few minutes before, has cost us 2 points?
Not converting 70 mins of almost complete domination cost us 2 points more like....could've been out of sight long before that goal went in

We're bloody brilliant to watch. It's all coming together just fine.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
How can you give him MOTM when his falling for exactly the same move Zaha had done a few minutes before, has cost us 2 points?

Well neither Carragher or Coady can find a fault with what Montoya did defensively, so let's leave it to the experts, eh?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Would of taken a draw before the game. Gutted we didnt get 3 now. Plus point is that we taught them a footballing lesson for 75 minutes, on there own patch. That first half was the best i've seen us this season. We just got mugged of 2 points.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Crystal Palace vs Brighton &amp; Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Carragher purring about us on Sky.

Saying it’s not easy for a manager to change a teams style like GP has done. Look at how Palace tried and failed with De Bour.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Maybe harsh, but "he had him in his pocket" ......yup. Except when he gave him a yard in the box and he scored. A yard. Maybe less. That's all it takes.

Bit like Wayne Bridge then.

The SEGW is a right f***ing whining, diving, pain in the arse, but to be fair, but he is one of their own, and he's not a bad player. That's why I love it so much when he has a complete nightmare against us (which he was 3 seconds away from doing tonight). Hopefully, he'll die on his arse at the Amex :thumbsup:

Frustrating, but overall a point is good.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We've had to settled for less than we've than we've deserved so many times this season it is becoming a tad bloody frustrating, though, especially when it's your rivals. Absolutely smashed them off the park for 70 minutes. Christ we need to start putting these games to bed or we'll find ourselves in a battle to stay despite playing the best football I've ever seen us play

Relax.

20 points by early December, 6 nightmare away fixtures out of the way, we’re 9th favourites to drop at 10/1, and a new coach working his magic with a new team growing by the week in arguably the most difficult league in the world.

We’re staying up, mark my words.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Bit like Wayne Bridge then.

The SEGW is a right f***ing whining, diving, pain in the arse, but to be fair, but he is one of their own, and he's not a bad player. That's why I love it so much when he has a complete nightmare against us (which he was 3 seconds away from doing tonight). Hopefully, he'll die on his arse at the Amex :thumbsup:

Frustrating, but overall a point is good.

Mind you, he could have been sent off earlier.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here