Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Needed the second whilst we were in the ascendency. Have to say that overall we were excellent. How often have we played as well as that away from home. Three unbeaten now and a home game to come.
Thank God we didn't lose the point as well. Good to see Potter being pragmatic at the end when they were pumping balls at us and we were tiring.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Palace defended well. It was almost a turn on last season. If I didn't know their manager I would have said Chris Hughton !

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I thought we were absolutely effing brilliant for 75 mins, should of wrapped it up but we didn't. They aren't us, that's for sure, we are a football team.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like Potter has coached the diving out of the squad. Some might approve but it cost us 2 points tonight!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The way I look at this game is that most Premier League teams have an individual who can score a decent goal from time to time. We just need to make sure that if we're utterly dominant like that again, the goal we concede is nothing more than a consolation.

Lack of ruthlessness in the box cost us.

We're relying on one striker and centre backs to get our goals again. Need contribution from midfield and wide men

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Two points dropped. Potter is doing a great job but needs to be backed in the summer with a new attacking midfielder, left back, winger and right back if we are to progress beyond scraping survival. It's underperforming individuals letting us down time and time again.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Definitely points dropped there. We were excellent for 70mins. Really annoyed we didn't win that, we need to be more ruthless.

It feels like that, lots of us have been saying that for 40 years or more.

A point away in the top flight is good. . . . we did enough to win, but didn't because we can't nail,it home. Story of BHA life.

Playing palArse just compounds the matter.

Mr cheat tumble was the difference tonight . . . . . .the fact we can't score more than one against Palace reserve defence is a timely reminder we're thinking above our abilities. . . .

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think Trossard could usefully run at the defences a bit more in the box. He's tricksy and likely to win penalties, but he often runs back outside the box.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
We lost that because Zaha wasn't double marked for the goal. Why on earth did we not put two men on him in that moment?

Exactly what I was screaming at the TV seconds before the goal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good for 75 minutes. Palace played well for the last 15.

Exactly, you have to take your chances when on top otherwise this is always likely to happen. We’ll get more clinical as Potter moulds the team and gets players of his choice in. It may take another season or so. Staying up is good enough as we evolve imo

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
66% possesion to their 34%.
10 shots on target to their 4 and yet still end up hanging on for the draw.
We really need to get a better return for our efforts.
Desperately need a finisher.
Happy with an away point, just pissed off by keep having to say it after dominating most of the game.
Off to work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here