Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think tonight showed us just how difficult this league is. But it also showed us how the Albion belong in it.

Until the inevitable pressure they were sublime. A joy to watch. Potterball is so pleasing on the eye.

But unless you have world class players abounding it's never easy. They have one outstanding player. He did the business.

I think there will be a game when we rip a side to shreds. And a time of three wins in a row.

We always want more. But this is a lovely team to watch. The best of ours I've seen at this level.

Jamie Carragher really bigging us up, and the job that GP has done in changing the way we play. "Don't underestimate how difficult it is.......". He said playing like that, there's no way we'll go down.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How can you give him MOTM when his falling for exactly the same move Zaha had done a few minutes before, has cost us 2 points?

Firstly, get a dictionary.

Job number one; look up the word “possibly”.

Job number two; look up the word “teamwork”.

Job number three; look up the word “indefatigable”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Relax.

20 points by early December, 6 nightmare away fixtures out of the way, we’re 9th favourites to drop at 10/1, and a new coach working his magic with a new team growing by the week in arguably the most difficult league in the world.

We’re staying up, mark my words.

I won’t relax about staying up until we get 40 points. Take nothing for granted in this league.

That said if we carry on as we are we should be absolutely fine.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
A glance on their site and they know they robbed us. I did laugh at this comment though..
'Benteke had his best game in 2 years,
A solid 5/10'

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Bizarrely he actually looked one of their better players at times. Doesn't say much for the rest. Aside that last twenty minute spell, Winifred was mostly anonymous.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Bit like Wayne Bridge then.

The SEGW is a right f***ing whining, diving, pain in the arse, but to be fair, but he is one of their own, and he's not a bad player. That's why I love it so much when he has a complete nightmare against us (which he was 3 seconds away from doing tonight). Hopefully, he'll die on his arse at the Amex :thumbsup:

Frustrating, but overall a point is good.

Yup agreed. It's heartwarming to remember that he quite understandably wants out of Croydon, and will be gone in January or July.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Disappointing to draw after such a dominant performance, but we could have caved to the late pressure when we lost our tight grip on the match. Palace have always thrived on a bit of chaos and it's pleasing that not conceding another sucker punch means another year goes by when they will have failed to do the double over us. 85 years now.

As Klopp said when we lost at Anfield, the consistent goal threat is the next step for us. The fact that we have already got to this stage in only half a season is incredible. Palace have had the same half a season that we had last year: maximising points from limited performances thanks to a decent pragmatic manager. We found out in the second half of last year that you can't continue to beat the odds. After that game I feel happy that we are now on a steady upwards curve. It's further pleasing that, if they don't back Hodgson in January, the only way for them is down.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Relax.

20 points by early December, 6 nightmare away fixtures out of the way, we’re 9th favourites to drop at 10/1, and a new coach working his magic with a new team growing by the week in arguably the most difficult league in the world.

In the morning I'll feel the same as and totally agree with you, of that I'm certain. :smile: right now, though, all my toys are out of the pram ...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Just on the 468 bus going north to stop over at my lad's in Camberwell. Palace fans v subdued, happy to have nicked a point. So proud of the way we played, total moral victory. Hopefully, come the end of the season, 2 points here or there won't be critical and we can luxuriate how we bossed them on their own patch.

42 years I've been coming here and that's the best I've seen us play. Chapeau to Potter.

PG

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
It was a penalty and perhaps Benteke should have been off.

At the end of the day most of our efforts were long range efforts which gives the keeper time to do something , good we are shooting but a bit more venon is required. Dunk needed to do better with that header.

We looked a good footballing side.

Will Stephen replace Bissouma who I thought had an a great game.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Great performance, disappointing not to win. However, looking at the bigger picture, throughout the season you usually get the points you deserve or thereabouts.
im therefore looking forward to a time when we mug a couple of teams and get the points when we don't deserve it.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Propper was man of the match for me. Big responsibility in that midfield and he absolutely smashed it. Well done that man.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Relax.

I'm not even worrying about relegation this season. We have turned into a slightly less version of Man City in a few months.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Yes they are always right.

They're not always right, but you haven't given a reason why they are wrong apart from blind faith so i'm inclined to agree with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here