Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin Dies!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
DJ Leon said:
Should we ban people if they don't share your opinion?

No. But maybe we should ban them for disrespect to the dead who made a difference to the world. If you dont like him, dont bother posting when you know it will be offensive.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
DJ Leon said:
How many other threads do you think I can find on NSC that are disrespectful of the dead? 1 or 2? Or thousands?

Sensitivity to a new height here I think.

:lolol: Now come on DJ leon you did say he had it coming which was a bit harsh. Overreactions left, right and centre yes but you can hardly say that it was neccessary to say that.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Its clear that some people are to put it mildly, indifferent, to what most people consider a sad loss. Best thing is to ignore them and not turn a thread of condolence into a pointless slanging match.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Les Biehn said:
:lolol: Now come on DJ leon you did say he had it coming which was a bit harsh. Overreactions left, right and centre yes but you can hardly say that it was neccessary to say that.

I doubt he's the first to say it or the last. I know it was my initial reaction when I heard and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the majority reaction.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
magoo said:
I doubt he's the first to say it or will he be the last. I know it was my initial reaction when I heard and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the majority reaction.
Don't get me wrong, I did think if you put yourself in those situations...
But DJ Leon knew what reaction he would get from what he said so why bother posting it when it clearly wasn't in the spirit of the thread.

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
RIP Steve

Absolute legend - couldn't believe it when I say it on Sky News this morning:nono:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
DJ Leon said:
Should we ban people if they don't share your opinion?

No? Thats the beauty of NSC - what a ridiculous suggestion...I was simply stating your inability to keep your mouth shut when you know your opinion would be unwanted and in this respect out of order...

Enough now please!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
magoo said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was the majority reaction.
Why do people ever say this - it's a favourite on the phone in too? How on earth do you know?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Meade's_Ball said:
Mourning is always a silly, personal thing isn't it.
I find it almost impossible to feel remorse for a man who wrestled crocodiles for TV audiences and some occasional forward thinking tied to the sale of bold stupidity. Thats not to say everyone else should mimic my own feeling or say i am wrong to have it and find comedy in the death of someone.
I can see where you are coming from, but the whole Crocodile Hunter thing was an act. All this guy cared about was his family and wildlife. I had the pleasure to watch him in action at his Zoo in barwash Australia, and when in the pens with the Crocs, he was the guy you saw on TV, wide eyed and crazy. But when he was off camera, he turned into a shy, almost withdraw person. His only aim in life to to raise as much money as he could to spend on caring for wildlife and nature, and he was totally open about the fact, The Crocodile Hunter, was he ulitmate fund rasing tool.
I don't normally bother with these RIP threads, but this was a bloke who done more for wildlife, and teaching people to understand it, then anyone, with his creation "THe Crocodile Hunter"

RIP :hilton: :lizard: :wave:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Man of Harveys said:
Why do people ever say this - it's a favourite on the phone in too? How on earth do you know?

But how does anyone know not to say?

When that Krankie fell off a manufactured tree and almost died from stage it was universally presumed, i assume, to be a very funny incident. I didn't phone an organisation to discuss whether her injury was worthy of a laugh or should never be mentioned in case a boy who looked just like a tiny old woman dressed as a boy, that a chunky Scottish brute loved, loved.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Meade's_Ball said:
But how does anyone know not to say?

When that Krankie fell off a manufactured tree and almost died from stage it was universally presumed, i assume, to be a very funny incident. I didn't phone an organisation to discuss whether her injury was worthy of a laugh or should never be mentioned in case a boy who looked just like a tiny old woman dressed as a boy, that a chunky Scottish brute loved, loved.
I - and I'm 700% certain that EVERY ONE of the world's 6.5 billion-strong people feels the same way as me, I can almost FEEL it in every cell of my creaking body and coursing through my clogging veins - agree.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Mr Burns said:
I can see where you are coming from, but the whole Crocodile Hunter thing was an act. All this guy cared about was his family and wildlife. I had the pleasure to watch him in action at his Zoo in barwash Australia, and when in the pens with the Crocs, he was the guy you saw on TV, wide eyed and crazy. But when he was off camera, he turned into a shy, almost withdraw person. His only aim in life to to raise as much money as he could to spend on caring for wildlife and nature, and he was totally open about the fact, The Crocodile Hunter, was he ulitmate fund rasing tool.
I don't normally bother with these RIP threads, but this was a bloke who done more for wildlife, and teaching people to understand it, then anyone, with his creation "THe Crocodile Hunter"

RIP :hilton: :lizard: :wave:

And i think that's entirely fine. You have a connection and are suitably right to mourn.
Like if i hear Andy Crane was killed. I liked Andy Crane and the adult respect he voiced to children.
I struggle to imagine myself hurt by someone else finding it funny though.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
jonny.rainbow said:
The facts aren't known yet. There has been no recorded instance of death by stingray sting in Australia, so he more than likely didn't "have it coming."

Until the facts are known, have some respect you poor excuse for a human being.

I nearly shit the tin one day while spearfishing when an enormous ray swam under me in about 12ft of water.

Wide as a car it would have been.

I know when fishing if ya catch a ray one of the first things ya do is cut its tail off cause the barb is dangerous.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Sad news as the guy obviously did a lot for wildlife conservation and he will be missed by his family and many many others.

This is probably not the thread for this kind of debate but I always feel a little bit uncomfortable about people who like to show that they can "master" animals. Mind you I feel the same about people who like to ride horses.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
when my missus said this, this morning, i assumed he had been eaten by a crocodile!

great program maker, great enthusiast and great player for conservation.

sad loss

Although I assume the crocks and the snakes will breathe a sigh of relief not having to be manhandled by him.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sad news indeed. He must have done more for nature than most people I can think of, and is a big loss.

I always thought he was somehow invulnerable and it just brings home how fragile life is.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here