Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin Dies!

Stumpy Tim

HampshireSeagulls said:
Usual attention seeking twats come out of the woodwork. "Look at me, I have no feelings for anyone, and I am so proud of the fact that I come on a public bulletin board and prove what a **** I am".

Grow up you sad fuckers.

Spot on Hampshire. No respect

Only the 3rd recorded death by a Stingray in Australia ever, so not really to be expected. You may not like his style, but you can't doubt the man's achievements.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
"Oohr, this little fella's gittin' a bit CRANKY now" *snap*

The man probably did more to interest young people in wildlife than anyone else in recent years, so hats off. Sad loss. Always got the feeling he acted dumber than he was.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Lokki 7 said:
I know I shouldn't bite but... Irwin has dedicated his life to saving wildlife. He has educated and entertained 10's of millions around the world. His legacy will live on in the form of his zoo, the people he has trained and the countless worlwide that have a new appreciation for wildlife. What have you achieved magoo? What will your legacy be?
Apart from anything else he has left behind a wife and two young kids. Have some respect you utter ****.

Chill Jim. I respect the point you make entirely. Sad fact is some posters enjoy the sad lack of decent respect shown by such postings.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Mourning is always a silly, personal thing isn't it.
I find it almost impossible to feel remorse for a man who wrestled crocodiles for TV audiences and some occasional forward thinking tied to the sale of bold stupidity. Thats not to say everyone else should mimic my own feeling or say i am wrong to have it and find comedy in the death of someone.
Yet, i found John Peel's death tragic and overly close to me and my family's listening.
Mostly, though, the counting of nearby deaths means i haven't got the lasting care or nerve when a stranger leaves the stage attacked by ghosts or daggered fish.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Ok it is MY opinion that he was an annoying bastard! Just coz he did alot of 'good work' for wildlife and dangled his kids in front of some of it doesn't change that!

People die every day that have done more for our planet but they go without mention.

magoo said:
Ok it is MY opinion that he was an annoying bastard! Just coz he did alot of 'good work' for wildlife and dangled his kids in front of some of it doesn't change that!

People die every day that have done more for our planet but they go without mention.

Having now had my morning coffee I realise my post aimed at you was a bit knee jerk and OTT and I apologise for the insult. However, I do think Irwin was a top bloke who did more good during his time on this revolving rock than the vast majority could even dream of. He will be sadly missed. Why is it that the good so often die young?

Stumpy Tim

Meade's_Ball said:
Mourning is always a silly, personal thing isn't it.
I find it almost impossible to feel remorse for a man who wrestled crocodiles for TV audiences and some occasional forward thinking tied to the sale of bold stupidity. Thats not to say everyone else should mimic my own feeling or say i am wrong to have it and find comedy in the death of someone.
Yet, i found John Peel's death tragic and overly close to me and my family's listening.
Mostly, though, the counting of nearby deaths means i haven't got the lasting care or nerve when a stranger leaves the stage attacked by ghosts or daggered fish.

Usually I agree with you. There's too many minute silences for people who people have never heard of. But this guy did a lot for the environment - something we should all be grateful for. Unfortunately most politicians don't give a toss about our planet, and we've just lost one of the people in the world able to influence those in power. He's a loss to the world, and should be treated with a little more respect than some keyboard warriors here give him

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
I wonder if i may wrongfully upset someone if i giggle online when Peter Duncan drowns and Simon Groom celebrates in leaves and bushes he hopes no one can see into. I can see him. Always.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Sad sad sad thing - what a guy - poor family - He'd bought soo much land to protect so many species from decimation by developers....his Crocodile park is a fascinating place - as was he and his wifes work...

May his work live on for a long long time.. the world needs far more people like him...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
tedebear said:
Sad sad sad thing - what a guy - poor family - He'd bought soo much land to protect so many species from decimation by developers....his Crocodile park is a fascinating place - as was he and his wifes work...

May his work live on for a long long time.. the world needs far more people like him...

I just used to love his adolescent-like enthusiasm and obvious love for crocs and nature and stuff. Sort of pulled you into his world, in a good way.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Tom Hark said:
I just used to love his adolescent-like enthusiasm and obvious love for crocs and nature and stuff. Sort of pulled you into his world, in a good way.

I think that's why he was so popular on TV - I'm sure there are loads of people who do his type of work in teaching, survival and maintaining species - but no one quite had the charisma he does - I think thats why he was good at getting the politicians interested as they knew he was popular with the masses!!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Stumpy Tim said:
He's a loss to the world, and should be treated with a little more respect than some keyboard warriors here give him

Ignore them - like I'm trying to - this place has picked up some extreme wind up merchants lately - people who can't think like considerate humans beings and keep their mouths shut when they know their opinion will be offensive....

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Stumpy Tim said:
Usually I agree with you. There's too many minute silences for people who people have never heard of. But this guy did a lot for the environment - something we should all be grateful for. Unfortunately most politicians don't give a toss about our planet, and we've just lost one of the people in the world able to influence those in power. He's a loss to the world, and should be treated with a little more respect than some keyboard warriors here give him

Everyone holds their own list, don't they. Of what or who is worth remembering. For me, he's on TV and adores the good that can come from his own buffoonery, which is cool and fine and sometimes enjoyable. But i can't close my eyes and think of him as an influence to my thought or growth or as close enough to someone on here from them to be scarred for time.
And if they are, that's a shame. They're not wrong to do it. Its just them. I can't tell them what to feel. Which ought to be the same both ways.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Lokki 7 said:
Having now had my morning coffee I realise my post aimed at you was a bit knee jerk and OTT and I apologise for the insult. However, I do think Irwin was a top bloke who did more good during his time on this revolving rock than the vast majority could even dream of. He will be sadly missed. Why is it that the good so often die young?

no probs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here