Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cristiano Ronaldo - good work fella

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
Re: Re: Cristiano Ronaldo - good work fella

Marc said:
jesus christ some people on here have got short memories...are you forgetting he f***ed US OVER in the World Cup?!
losers!

I love a villain. They are good to boo at and foreign footballers make great villains. Continental fancy dans coming over here with their facial hair, theatrical falls, shagging our women and advertising shampoo blah blah blah.

But this thing about 'Ronaldo getting Rooney sent off’ has really got to stop. Rooney stamped on some blokes bollocks. Pretty f***ing hard. Red card offence. Ronaldo did what just about every professional footballer does (and everyone in my Sunday league team) whenever an opposition player might get sent off – they tell the ref he should send off the offending player. After that Ronaldo does a crafty wink to the bench, beautifully caught on camera (and, helpfully for the tabloid, ‘wanker’ almost rhymes with ‘winker’). The wink doesn’t show great sportsmanship but I’ve seen players high-fiving, laughing, jumping up and down when an opposition player gets sent off. He may just have been winking in the ‘we should make the semi’s now that that mentalist Rooney has gone and got himself a blatant red’ type way.

Despite all that, no, I couldn’t really give a toss who wins between Man U and Chelski either.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
At risk of diverting this back to Chelsea/Man Utd, I'm an ABU aswell. What I find particularly chucklesome is that Chelsea basically ARE Man Utd in many respects - they've both got zillions of 'fans' who've never set foot in their stadium;

they've both spent millions of pounds on players, some of them at vastly inflated prices;

they're both managed by arrogant, graceless, shot tempered (if talented) bastards;

they're both fawned over and given saturation coverage by the telly companies;

they've both got known divers in their teams and have, or have had, some thuggish players alongside them;

large numbers of both sets of 'fans', whether geniune turn-up-and-sing supporters or plastic sit-at-home-or-in-the-pub-know-nothing fuckwits, are insufferably arrogant one eyed boors who don't know or care about anything happening outside the top three of the Premiership, much less the health of the game.

Chelsea have seen the Utd blueprint and copied it perfectly, even pinching their chief exec to help them achieve that goal, and IT DRIVES MAN UTD AND THEIR FANS ABSOLUTELY f***ing MENTAL that they're doing it so successfully. United have seen their bastard little shit of a younger brother copy and usurp them, and they can't handle it. Amazing, the noises coming out of Utd fans' mouths almost exactly mirroring the complaints people have made about their club for years. Some of them don't even seem to recognise that that's what the rest of us had to put up with for the best part of a decade.

If it's between Chelsea and Utd for the next 10 years, Chelsea will get my vote every single time. Utd can f*** right off.

Last edited:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Bevendean Hillbilly said:

I don't agree with you view of the Heysel disaster, the Italian contingent were resposible for pelting the liverpool fans with bottles/bricks etc. prior to the charge that caused the poorly built wall to collapse, I remember that game vividly there was an Italian fan on the pitch firing a gun at the Liverpool fans, ask yourself what would you do? Just stand there and get bricked and shot at or do something in response?

I'd kill em :jester:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Re: Re: Re: Cristiano Ronaldo - good work fella

Professor P said:
Rooney stamped on some blokes bollocks. Pretty f***ing hard. Red card offence. Ronaldo did what just about every professional footballer does (and everyone in my Sunday league team) whenever an opposition player might get sent off

Funny though. For a bloke who'd just had his bollocks stamped on 'pretty f***ing hard' he didn't half recover quickly......

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Cristiano Ronaldo - good work fella

Herne Hill Seagull said:
Funny though. For a bloke who'd just had his bollocks stamped on 'pretty f***ing hard' he didn't half recover quickly......

Oh so he didn't stamp on his bollocks? Yeah, I think that's clear for all to see. :rolleyes:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Well I don't know about you DJ, but just a glancing blow to my nads is enough to make 'em light up in pain like a f***ing firework. Had anybody ever stamped on them, I seriously doubt I'd do anything other than throw up and roll around in pain on the ground for about half an hour, probably crying for my mother.

I'm suggesting that Rooney's act was probably not as bad as he made out, and he then gloried in the dismissal of a clubmate before scoring the penalty that knocked us out, the ****.

I'm not a fan.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Well I don't know about you DJ, but just a glancing blow to my nads is enough to make 'em light up in pain like a f***ing firework. Had anybody ever stamped on them, I seriously doubt I'd do anything other than throw up and roll around in pain on the ground for about half an hour, probably crying for my mother.

I'm suggesting that Rooney's act was probably not as bad as he made out, and he then gloried in the dismissal of a clubmate before scoring the penalty that knocked us out, the ****.

I'm not a fan.

In total agreement.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Barrel of Fun said:
Backing Man Utd for this one.

Chelsea are everything I hate in Manchester United and more...

Although success has fallen into the lap of Chelsea - Man Utd worked harder for theirs.

Having been a Chelsea fan for all my life except the last couple of years I can't quite work out what you mean by that. Chelsea fans have been through more shit in the last 20 years than United. I remember watching the likes of Eddie Newton and Frank Sinclair. Good god.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
El Presidente said:

Boris Johnson should be publicly flogged for suggesting that Merseyside is a 'Self Pity City'.

Whereas if he'd described it as a rain-soaked shit hole who's only decent contribution to popular culture was Letter to Brezhnev, Paul McGann and the Fab Four....

;)

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Herne Hill Seagull said:

I'm not a fan.

He stamped on him, it's undeniable. You can say it didn't hurt and that Carvalho exaggerated it, but there's no evidence to support that whatsoever.

After the stamp, Ronaldo complained - which of course no England player would ever do.

Ronaldo may well be a diver and a cheat, but so is Rooney.

Professor P

Oct 6, 2006
Herne Hill Seagull said:

You're probably right. The stupid oaf probably just missed his bollocks and only raked his Nikes down the guy's cock and inner thigh. But after checking the rule book it seems to suggest that a deliberate stamp on an opponent is a sending off whether he successfully squash's the opponents bollocks or not.

I don't particularly like him either. He's got a weird throat and he thinks he's god gift. But, please, Rooney needed no help in getting himself sent off that day and costing us a place in the semis.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Professor P said:
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Rooney needed no help in getting himself sent off that day and costing us a place in the semis.

I personally think the ref was going to let him off with a warning, or Yellow at worst, until he spotted Rooney shoving Ronaldo, so he definitely needed no help.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Herne Hill Seagull said:
gloried in the dismissal of a clubmate

I think that is the crux of the argument. If I happened to play against a mate of mine on Sunday and he saw me stamp on someone, accidentally or not, and then ensured I was sent off, I'd probably launch him into the carpark.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Cristiano Ronaldo - good work fella

Herne Hill Seagull said:

The intent alone deserved a red.

Jul 25, 2006
Common as Mook said:
Exactly. If you look at their line-up, you'll see a fair whack in transfer fees as well. (figures courtesy of Soccerbase)

Van Der Sar Free
Neville Youth
Ferdinand £30million
Vidic £7 million
Heinze £6.9 million

Ronaldo £12.24 million
Scholes Youth
Carrick £18.6 million
Giggs Youth

Saha £12.82 million
Rooney £20 million

Subs

Evra £5.5 million
Silvestre £4 million
Smith £7 million

That is a f*** of a lot of money in anyone's book.

I also hate this bullshit that you hear from Man United fans about Chelsea buying the title. United were the same as Chelsea are now ten years ago just on a lesser scale. Who the f*** other than Man Utd could afford to buy Andy Cole for £7 million in 94?

United fans are turning into everything they said other fans shouldn't be. Success haters.

Phew - rant over.

why don't you produce the same list for the current chelsea squad? I'll tell you what. i'll do it for you....

Cech - £7m
Terry - Youth
Carvalho - £19.85m
Jeremi - £6.9m
Jeremi - £6.9m
Bridge - £7m
A Cole - £5m plus Gallas
Makelele - £13.9m
Essien - £24.4m
Lampard - £11m
J Cole - £6.6m
Mikel - £12m
Ballack - Free
Drogba - £24m
Shevchenko - £30m
Robben - £12
Wright Phillips - £21m

****s.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Not for a moment have I tried to argue that Rooney deserved anything other than a red card, whether he made contact or not his stupidity and act of violence were worthy of a red, whether or not it was as bad as Ronaldo made out before his mate's miraculous ball reattachment and recovery.

My problem with Ronaldo is his response to what happened. Rooney was stupid and irresponsible, but I suspect that if he'd seen or played a part in Ronaldo being sent off, he'd not have been seen looking quite so smug about it.

Last edited:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º> said:
why don't you produce the same list for the current chelsea squad? I'll tell you what. i'll do it for you....

Cech - £7m
Terry - Youth
Carvalho - £19.85m
Jeremi - £6.9m
Jeremi - £6.9m
Bridge - £7m
A Cole - £5m plus Gallas
Makelele - £13.9m
Essien - £24.4m
Lampard - £11m
J Cole - £6.6m
Mikel - £12m
Ballack - Free
Drogba - £24m
Shevchenko - £30m
Robben - £12
Wright Phillips - £21m

****s.

I'm not debating that. I'm just pointing out that every story has two sides. Utd fans may moan that Chelsea are buying their way to the title - and they could be right. However Utd, are giving it a fair go as well with the amount they've shelled out for players, compared to likes of Arsenal and Liverpool.

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Common as Mook said:
I'm not debating that. I'm just pointing out that every story has two sides. Utd fans may moan that Chelsea are buying their way to the title - and they could be right. However Utd, are giving it a fair go as well with the amount they've shelled out for players, compared to likes of Arsenal and Liverpool.

To be fair, Utd have earnt their money and have every right to spend it. Chelsea inherited their money.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Not for a moment have I tried to argue that Rooney deserved anything other than a red card, whether he made contact or not his stupidity and act of violence were worthy of a red, whether or not it was as bad as Ronaldo made out before his mate's miraculous ball reattachment and recovery.

My problem with Ronaldo is his response to what happened. Rooney was stupid and irresponsible, but I suspect that if he'd seen or played a part in Ronaldo being sent off, he'd not have been seen looking quite so smug about it.

I'm sure the normally withdrawn and reticent Rooney wouldn't look smug at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here