Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cristiano Ronaldo - good work fella

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
For Chelsea to have overtaken Man Utd in many people's eyes as the most hated club in such a relatively short space of time is a truly tremendous achievement, took real effort and commitment. Well done to all concerned.

I see Ronaldo hasn't actually criticised either Mourinho or Abramovich directly. Clever lad, never know what's around the corner...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
United were the leaders in the destruction of football as we know it. First by keeping all the home gate receipts, then via the greed is good creed of the Premier League. They created the environment for the likes of Abramovic to come into football. When I was growing up, clubs such as Forest, Derby, Villa, Everton won the league. Since the Prem was formed it has been the same old faces for the last ten years.

No one is denying United are a big club, but the Nazis were a big party in Germany in the late 1920's and 30's, and it did not stop them from being a bunch of twats too.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
There is one common link in Chelsea taking over from United in the hatred stakes, step forward Mr Peter Kenyon....

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
El Presidente said:
United were the leaders in the destruction of football as we know it. First by keeping all the home gate receipts, then via the greed is good creed of the Premier League. They created the environment for the likes of Abramovic to come into football. When I was growing up, clubs such as Forest, Derby, Villa, Everton won the league. Since the Prem was formed it has been the same old faces for the last ten years.

No one is denying United are a big club, but the Nazis were a big party in Germany in the late 1920's and 30's, and it did not stop them from being a bunch of twats too.

You sir are a complete and utter nonce if you compare a footie club to a race of genecidal dumwits:angry:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I can't help but think of Chelsea nowadays as being a bigger version of Reading-tacky, plastic and despite their success still rather inconsequential. They were always a 'big' club (in my eyes at least) but never a really big club. I have Chelsea at the same level as Everton, villa, man city, leeds, newcastle, tottenham. Essentially a mid table top league team that occasionally does well and occasionally does shit and gets relegated.

They seem desperate to be seen as a big, nay, a giant club, which to me seems laughable. In England IMO the big three are Liverpool, Man utd and Arsenal. They have consistently had long periods of success and have won numerous trophies domestically and in Europe.

It's laughable to compare them to those three just because they've had a russian billionaires money bankrolling them to success for the past three or so years. Let alone comparing them to the other giants of Europe- MAdrid, Barcelona, Ac Milan, Juventus, Bayern etc etc.

They seem too desperate to show off their achievements and have far too many plastics following them...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
jesus christ some people on here have got short memories...are you forgetting he f***ed US OVER in the World Cup?!
losers!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
chez said:
Is taht a club. If so can I join please!!! Most worthwhile club ever on NSC! :bowdown:

Used to be an actual club online - not sure if still exists.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Who gives a shit?

Bunch of wankers are playing each other. I hope they all lose

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Barrel of Fun said:
Although success has fallen into the lap of Chelsea - Man Utd worked harder for theirs.

what a load of crap. some people have such short memories. yes, ManU did bring through some players themselves, but what about all the huge fees they paid out in the late 90's? wasn't Ferninand the most expensive player at one point?

ManU and Chelsea are cut from the same cloth.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
To be fair I know Man Utd fans who are really anti Chelsea... that's fine in it's own right, but they have no idea that 10 years ago, such hatred was levelled at them. And if they do have an inkling, then they are not prepared to acknowledge it!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
eastlondonseagull said:
Got to say, that Chelsea have pipped Manure to the top of my hate list. After Palace, of course.

Very plastic indeed.

Nah, Chelsea and Manure are WAY ahead of Palace on my hate list. At least Palace are a proper football team not a marketing brand or a billionaire's plaything.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
beorhthelm said:
what a load of crap. some people have such short memories. yes, ManU did bring through some players themselves, but what about all the huge fees they paid out in the late 90's? wasn't Ferninand the most expensive player at one point?

ManU and Chelsea are cut from the same cloth.

Personally, I couldn't give a toss either way about any club except Brighton. I enjoy watching the Premiership purely because I like watching some of the best players in the World play football. Very rarely do I have a preference for who wins.

Also, unlike many poeple, I always want a premiership club to win in Europe - no matter who they are, they are representing the English League, and I would rather they win than lose to a German/Spanish/French team.

As for the plastic fans of the big clubs, I just immerse myself in the smug moral superiority of supporting my local team as opposed to being a glory hunting trophy obsessed armchair fan that rarely knows anything about football.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ronaldo is a gifted player but, ultimately, a guy who will cheat, lie and say whatever he thinks is necessary to advance his own position and, usually but not always, that of his team. I will never forget his World Cup "wink" after the Rooney incident.

I don't care who wins, although I feel more support for Man Utd simply because they seem a bit more genuine, Ronaldo apart.

Drogba, Ashley Cole, John Terry, Fat Lampard can all f*** off in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here