Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley 0 - 6 Morecambe

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Very much a bad day at the office but who's to say that the same thing couldn't happen to us ? I can't quite understand the dislike of Crawley because frankly they nevr have been and never will be a threat to us. Granted there's a lot to dislike about certain aspects of the club but there again the same could be said of the likes of Palace and Portsmouth to name just two of our current rivals.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Don't have a problem with Crawley and look out for their results as another Sussex club. Looked like the defence went totally to sleep yesterday. None of those goals were Kuipers fault looking at the FLS. I think they missed Dean Howell (injured) who is a left back who would not look out of place in our team.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I dont care when they win , i dont care when they lose.

this, I really couldn't give two shits about bloody Crawley

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well it made me laugh when I heard the score on the way back from Brizzle. I wonder if that Wideguy dickhead (remember him?) is happy choosing them over The Albion now?! Perhaps Creepy still give a warm welcome to pissed-up, unfunny retards...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Don't care at all about Crawley but dislike the crook who manages them intensely. Should not be allowed to have a job in football.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Shit comment from Evans on BBC website:

"If you've got a young centre-back who can't defend, you're going to leak goals. But it's not about naming individuals."

Well, it's doesn't take much to work out which individual you are pinpointing, so actually you have just made it about naming individuals. Cock.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

"If you've got a young centre-back who can't defend, you're going to leak goals. But it's not about naming individuals."

Well, it's doesn't take much to work out which individual you are pinpointing, so actually you have just made it about naming individuals. Cock.

Thats an unbelievably crass remark. As if that defender (whoever he is) won't already have been in bits after the game, to have his manager come out and say something like that will probably have destroyed whatever last shreds of confidence he had.

Even McGhee was more sensitive than that. His comment after we'd got slapped 5-0 at Reading, with the other Elphick brother at the back, was something along the lines of:

"Apart from us losing 5-0 and him getting sent off, the lad will look back on it as an experience..."

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

What a gutless shit that man is. I'm no Crawley expert but even I'd be fairly confident he's talking about Charlie Wassmer who is, I think, about 19 or 20 years old. Way to go Steve, what a brilliant psychologist you are, publicly slating a young lad with half a dozen Football League appearances to his name. I'm pretty sure you won't here Alex Ferguson telling the world Chris Smalling or Phil Jones can't defend any time soon.

Some other comments heard in recent months about Charlie Wassmer, simply by Googling:

"He is an outstanding prospect. He is 6ft 3in and still growing, good in the air and strong on the ball. We think he has what it takes to play in the Football League and that is the kind of player we are looking to bring in here. He has a bright future but is bought with the here and now in mind. He will go straight into our match day squad."

"The young man was excellent. We have bought ourselves an outstanding talent. He is very good now and his potential is frightening. He has the ingredients to go to the very top"

“He’s a wonderful talent and his goal was something you’ll see Matt Tubbs score.”

All made, of course, by Steve Evans :tosser:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Predictable from you. You've always defended him for some reason. I reckon you must of been shagging the bloke.

Probably my least liked Brighton player of all time, mostly because of idiots like you who worshipped him just coz he was in the Dutch Marines - whoppy f***ing doo.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Predictable from you. You've always defended him for some reason. I reckon you must of been shagging the bloke.

Probably my least liked Brighton player of all time, mostly because of idiots like you who worshipped him just coz he was in the Dutch Marines - whoppy f***ing doo.

So he's your least liked player for reasons entirely unconnected to his actions or ability? Pretty much sums you up.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Ability? Liability more like.

Actions? What like bollocking the closest defender to him when yet another of his f*** ups results in a goal against us?

And there was me thinking that (distribution aside) he was an outstanding player in a team that won back to back league titles!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
And there was me thinking that (distribution aside) he was an outstanding player in a team that won back to back league titles!

I was always of the opinion that we won those titles despite the fact that he was in the team.

I know nobody can compare Ankergren to Kuipers, to me they are a million miles apart in terms of talent but it must be great for everyone that we no longer cringe when the ball goes towards our keeper and don't have to worry about who is going to get shouted at when a goal is conceded and whether that will affect the victim for the rest of the match or longer.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

A post totally devoid of thought. Again.

No, he was liked because he was half-decent - a sentiment shared by a lot of people on here. Your prejudiced disgust for him is pathetic and embarrassing. And predictable.

As for likening him to a flushed turd; evidently a sentiment from the place you inhabit.

Come back when you know what you're on about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here