Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley 0 - 6 Morecambe

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
I wonder when Steve Evans first red card of the season will arrive? He must be due one by now. Very surprised he survived a 6-0 hammering without getting sent to the stands.

Tuesday night's got to be a good bet. Evans and Di Canio next to each other on the touchline....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tuesday night's got to be a good bet. Evans and Di Canio next to each other on the touchline....

Oooh, that could be a top tip there, for those of a betting persuasion (not me).

That's a game that might be worth watching, just for the two managers tarting about on the sidelines. The poor man's Poyet against the poor man's Fergie.

Gentlemen: start your engines!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I'm staggered that people are slagging off Kuipers, absolutely staggered. He was our best shot stopper since Mark Beeney. He clearly loved/loves the Albion, what the f*ck is the problem? By the way boys and girls, you know that video that plays before the Albion take to the pitch these days, well it features a brilliant double save by a certain M.Kuipers against Wolves. No other Albion keepers are featured. As for finding his level at Crawley, surely that's an age thing.... He weren't getting any younger. Next you'll all be saying Gary Hart was crap cos no one ever came in for him.

Yes I thought Kuipers was solid whenver I saw him. Distribution not so good though.

Anyone can have ONE bad game in a while, with a goalie though it shows up on the result more!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We've had the Kuipers discussion a million times now.

-he was a great shotstopper for most of his career
-his kicking was always pretty rubbish though
-he did have a tendency to rant at defenders for things that might have been his fault
-in his last few years he wasn't as good as in his first few
-he was however a bit of a cult hero which did rather get in the way of several incoming keepers
-he's probably at the right level now, for his age and ability

This thread actually started out as a comment on Crawley's disastrous result on Saturday, and as such, can we please stop regurgitating the same old Kuipers debate and get back to (1) laughing at them (2) feeling sorry for them, (3) taking the piss out of their manager*

*delete as applicable according to your feelings on the subject

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It'll take Crawley two or three seasons to get out of League Two - look at Bradford with their massive crowds and anyone can beat anyone in that division.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I would agree with this. To me, Kuipers was a decent shot stopper who's kicking was always fairly woeful. All other attributes to his game seemed to me to be league one level. However, whilst he was a key member of the defence in those early glory years, he turned into a past-it, moaning, aggressive bully by the time he might have been reasonably expected to help nurture younger and indeed less talented defenders at the club during the seasons we spent in the doldrumsin the middle and latter Withdean years.

After reading chez's posts, I can only assume he's only been folowing the Albion since around 2006/7 because I though Kuipers was excellent for us in those first 4 seasons or so.

2006/2007? I was working at the club 15 years previous to that and have been watching The Albion since 1982. In that time I doubt I'd have Kuipers in my top 7 or 8 Brighton keepers.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
We've had the Kuipers discussion a million times now.

-he was a great shotstopper for most of his career
-his kicking was always pretty rubbish though
-he did have a tendency to rant at defenders for things that might have been his fault
-in his last few years he wasn't as good as in his first few
-he was however a bit of a cult hero which did rather get in the way of several incoming keepers
-he's probably at the right level now, for his age and ability

This thread actually started out as a comment on Crawley's disastrous result on Saturday, and as such, can we please stop regurgitating the same old Kuipers debate and get back to (1) laughing at them (2) feeling sorry for them, (3) taking the piss out of their manager*

*delete as applicable according to your feelings on the subject

I think this is something we can ALL agree on, Steve Evans is a prick.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I like Crawley Town. I go on their forum & there is no dislike to us, so why oh why, whenever there is a thread about Crawley do so many knock them?
Jealousy that they have come so far so soon I suspect?
Their ground is going to be enlarged, their support is steadily rising. Yes from a low level however it takes time.

I for one will be there Tuesday night for the match against Swindon.

Can't wait!

2790 wasn't it last night? Enjoy your evening SF?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here