Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley 0 - 6 Morecambe

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
You don't really have an argument, do you?

I thought my whole point was that no one else in football regarded Kuipers as highly as some on here,certainly not any manager at any other club,Henderson got Preston and would still be playing at a high level but for in jury,Sullivan got Millwall and Charlton.
Kuipers got lucky and is second choice at Crawley.

You might think I know nothing about Football. Show me the manager who rates him?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Mainly because of their obnoxious, Fergie-wannabe (the Lidl to Fergie's Harrods), cheating, convicted criminal of a manager?

He is the reason why every club in the BSP hated Crawley, and why I guarantee most of L2 will do the same, given time. A bad loser and an even worse winner. He is utterly graceless, and the fact he's just laid into a young defender on his own team for a 6-0 defeat just emphasises that the only person he cares about is Steve Evans. He's a tubby, spineless weasel of a man.

I think most Crawley fans would concur with your appraisal of their manager!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He failed,as a senior pro, to protect him from unfair abuse from the Kuipers crew for a fluke goal.He helped destroy the confidence of a young kid because he was in danger of being replaced by true talent.
Interestingly enough the Kuipers fan club failed to see the similarity to an identical incident the following season with him in goal.

You and chez deserve each other - I'm sure you'll make a very happy couple.

Come back when you've taken your shit-filled prejudicial blinkers off.

Your spiteful, revisionist bile doesn't warrant or deserve a reply, so far off reality are you.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I thought my whole point was that no one else in football regarded Kuipers as highly as some on here,certainly not any manager at any other club,Henderson got Preston and would still be playing at a high level but for in jury,Sullivan got Millwall and Charlton.
Kuipers got lucky and is second choice at Crawley.

You might think I know nothing about Football. Show me the manager who rates him?

:facepalm:

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
i enjoyed this result more than the Brighton one lol, Crawley soo arrogant for no reason, yeah they have some guys with money but come on with fans have what level can they make league one at a max and when he gets bored of giving money out, crawley will go back to where belong in the conference.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I'm staggered that people are slagging off Kuipers, absolutely staggered. He was our best shot stopper since Mark Beeney. He clearly loved/loves the Albion, what the f*ck is the problem? By the way boys and girls, you know that video that plays before the Albion take to the pitch these days, well it features a brilliant double save by a certain M.Kuipers against Wolves. No other Albion keepers are featured. As for finding his level at Crawley, surely that's an age thing.... He weren't getting any younger. Next you'll all be saying Gary Hart was crap cos no one ever came in for him.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I like Crawley Town. I go on their forum & there is no dislike to us, so why oh why, whenever there is a thread about Crawley do so many knock them?
Jealousy that they have come so far so soon I suspect?
Their ground is going to be enlarged, their support is steadily rising. Yes from a low level however it takes time.

I for one will be there Tuesday night for the match against Swindon.

Can't wait!

Mainly because of their obnoxious, Fergie-wannabe (the Lidl to Fergie's Harrods), cheating, convicted criminal of a manager?

He is the reason why every club in the BSP hated Crawley, and why I guarantee most of L2 will do the same, given time. A bad loser and an even worse winner. He is utterly graceless, and the fact he's just laid into a young defender on his own team for a 6-0 defeat just emphasises that the only person he cares about is Steve Evans. He's a tubby, spineless weasel of a man.

I believe the expression is "this".

And also, jealousy? Really? Good grief man.

overspill red army

May 28, 2011
Mr Kuiper's is liked by the Crawley fans.
Having watched him for over a season now its fair to say that he will make the odd error in a match.
Also,he does seem to find himself in the ref's note book more then he ought to.
He was sent off last season for punching an opponent right in the head.It was a beauty.

Kuipers will always engage with the Crawley fans behind the goal and seems to enjoy doing so.
He does struggle now and then with his kicking,but overall it isn't to bad and he gets it right more then he doesn't.
Its just that when he gets a back pass he has to really concentrate on it and takes a little more time then maybe he should and i think he puts pressure on himself for this reason.

Kuipers is a fantastic shot stopper, isn't afraid to commit himself to crosses, and will talk to the defenders all through a match.

We at Crawley are really pleased with him.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Really? how come no other club rated him as highly as our deluded crew,how come every manager tried to replace him? how come he never recieved an offer from a team higher in the league than us?
It took Gus to put him in his place,on the Football League scrap heap,at a realatively young age for a keeper,a position in that age and experience holds sway.

Pity he took better options down before him.

- Several managers tried (and failed) to replace him but they didn't because always came through as the best option
- Plenty of players don't get other options. How, many players during Kuipers time with the club moved up when they left us? 10% maybe
- Henderson was on loan. He looked a great option at the time and I was firmly in his camp but he didn't have the mental toughness at the time and what exactly has he achieved in his career? f*** all. So the one better option that you cite turned out to be proven to be a shit option.
- Kuipers was thirty six when Gus let him go. He had had a series of bad injuries and was not exactly gifted with the ball on the deck. It was hardly a surprise.

You don't seem to have a real point, just a dislike for a truly great club servant.

Last edited:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
A bad loser and an even worse winner. He is utterly graceless, and the fact he's just laid into a young defender on his own team for a 6-0 defeat just emphasises that the only person he cares about is Steve Evans. He's a tubby, spineless weasel of a man.

So, no chance of a date then?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I see the light now, but I'm struggling to understand how we failed to replace him for what, eleven years? Did he have a gypsy curse over the club? Was he sleeping with Dick Knight? Were there no other goalkeepers available for eleven years? Nothing to do with talent I assume?

I'm not one for a Kuipers love in but the stuff you've posted here is simply ridiculous.
I would agree with this. To me, Kuipers was a decent shot stopper who's kicking was always fairly woeful. All other attributes to his game seemed to me to be league one level. However, whilst he was a key member of the defence in those early glory years, he turned into a past-it, moaning, aggressive bully by the time he might have been reasonably expected to help nurture younger and indeed less talented defenders at the club during the seasons we spent in the doldrumsin the middle and latter Withdean years.

After reading chez's posts, I can only assume he's only been folowing the Albion since around 2006/7 because I though Kuipers was excellent for us in those first 4 seasons or so.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm staggered that people are slagging off Kuipers, absolutely staggered. He was our best shot stopper since Mark Beeney. He clearly loved/loves the Albion, what the f*ck is the problem? By the way boys and girls, you know that video that plays before the Albion take to the pitch these days, well it features a brilliant double save by a certain M.Kuipers against Wolves. No other Albion keepers are featured. As for finding his level at Crawley, surely that's an age thing.... He weren't getting any younger. Next you'll all be saying Gary Hart was crap cos no one ever came in for him.

I'm glad it isn't only me ! Clearly some people don't quite grasp the idea that as players pass a certain age and get older they go DOWN the leagues.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I like Crawley Town. I go on their forum & there is no dislike to us, so why oh why, whenever there is a thread about Crawley do so many knock them?
Jealousy that they have come so far so soon I suspect?
Their ground is going to be enlarged, their support is steadily rising. Yes from a low level however it takes time.

I for one will be there Tuesday night for the match against Swindon.

Can't wait!

Hmmmm the first couple of seconds of this video would suggest otherwise....

[yt]0weeEsvK5H0[/yt]

Personally Crawley are as insignificant to me. Couldn't care less how they get on if I'm being honest, although it is always funny to see a side who've tried to buy success fail so spectacularly. That said it's only one game and I'm sure they will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

As for Kuipers I'm in the camp of great shot stopper, not so great at everything else. He made some truly world class saves when he was with us but he also made some right clangers. Poyet got rid of him because he didn't suit his style of play due to his distribution being so poor.

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester

He is the reason why every club in the BSP hated Crawley, and why I guarantee most of L2 will do the same, given time.

Doesn't need time, most of us remember Boston....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder when Steve Evans first red card of the season will arrive? He must be due one by now. Very surprised he survived a 6-0 hammering without getting sent to the stands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here