Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crawley 0 - 6 Morecambe

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Probably my least liked Brighton player of all time, mostly because of idiots like you who worshipped him just coz he was in the Dutch Marines - whoppy f***ing doo.

I am stunned chez.

I always thought you liked him, so congratulations on the way you have camouflaged your true feelings about him in the past.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Someone phoned the Broadfield office yesterday evening and asked what time the football kicked off, and was told, 'Every fifteen minutes...' :smile:

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Someone phoned the Broadfield office yesterday evening and asked what time the football kicked off, and was told, 'Every fifteen minutes...' :smile:

A quality post...still laughing now!

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Kuipers found his level.The conference but got promoted out of it so he will fail again.As I predicted,he will never get a transfer to a higher league team.
A great showman loved by those easily fooled, a Grobbelar without true talent who bamboozled his way through games deflecting blame for his faults on his defence.
Every manager at the Albion has tried to replace him but only Gus has had the guts to take on the Kuipers crew and get rid of a liability.
So poorely rated by other managers that In his time at the Albion the only genuine offer to sign him was by by Peter Taylor whilst at Div 2 Hull City.
Add that to his failure to defend young,truely talented,keepers learning their trade from unfair critics and boo-boys, all I can say is Thanks Gus for getting rid.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Kuipers found his level.The conference but got promoted out of it so he will fail again.As I predicted,he will never get a transfer to a higher league team.
A great showman loved by those easily fooled, a Grobbelar without true talent who bamboozled his way through games deflecting blame for his faults on his defence.
Every manager at the Albion has tried to replace him but only Gus has had the guts to take on the Kuipers crew and get rid of a liability.
So poorely rated by other managers that In his time at the Albion the only genuine offer to sign him was by by Peter Taylor whilst at Div 2 Hull City.
Add that to his failure to defend young,truely talented,keepers learning their trade from unfair critics and boo-boys all I can say is Thanks Gus for getting rid.

He was a quality stopper, he just couldn't clear or take goal kicks very well.:tosser:

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
He was a quality stopper, he just couldn't clear or take goal kicks very well.:tosser:

He was a showman who flattered to decieve fools watching.
Every BHAFC manager tried to replace him only Gus had the guts to get rid.But then,even Gus threatened to walk away from the club and the idiots who "support"us.

Every BHAFC manager has made it plain that Kuipers was available for transfer and the lack of a queue knocking down our door shows how he was regarded by other teams.

Call me an idiiot if you will but if he was that f***ing fantastic how come the only offers we ever got for him were from Div 2 and the Vauxhall Conference?

I like Crawley Town. I go on their forum & there is no dislike to us, so why oh why, whenever there is a thread about Crawley do so many knock them?
Jealousy that they have come so far so soon I suspect?
Their ground is going to be enlarged, their support is steadily rising. Yes from a low level however it takes time.

I for one will be there Tuesday night for the match against Swindon.

Can't wait!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Thats an unbelievably crass remark. As if that defender (whoever he is) won't already have been in bits after the game, to have his manager come out and say something like that will probably have destroyed whatever last shreds of confidence he had.

Even McGhee was more sensitive than that. His comment after we'd got slapped 5-0 at Reading, with the other Elphick brother at the back, was something along the lines of:

"Apart from us losing 5-0 and him getting sent off, the lad will look back on it as an experience..."

Thought it was 5-1 with the coca cola kid scoring the game's only proper goal......

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I liked Kuipers, He was no Ankergren and his distribution wasn't great but he played for us with pride and appeared to love the club. He was also a gentleman off the pitch.
The fact that a couple of posters see fit to still slag him off 15months after we released him, surely says more about them than him.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I like Crawley Town. I go on their forum & there is no dislike to us, so why oh why, whenever there is a thread about Crawley do so many knock them?
Jealousy that they have come so far so soon I suspect?
Their ground is going to be enlarged, their support is steadily rising. Yes from a low level however it takes time.

I for one will be there Tuesday night for the match against Swindon.

Can't wait!

Mainly because of their obnoxious, Fergie-wannabe (the Lidl to Fergie's Harrods), cheating, convicted criminal of a manager?

He is the reason why every club in the BSP hated Crawley, and why I guarantee most of L2 will do the same, given time. A bad loser and an even worse winner. He is utterly graceless, and the fact he's just laid into a young defender on his own team for a 6-0 defeat just emphasises that the only person he cares about is Steve Evans. He's a tubby, spineless weasel of a man.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
I liked Kuipers, He was no Ankergren and his distribution wasn't great but he played for us with pride and appeared to love the club. He was also a gentleman off the pitch.
The fact that a couple of posters see fit to still slag him off 15months after we released him, surely says more about them than him.

Except that some of us posters have been saying it for f***ing years whilst idiot BHAFC deluded fools ruined the confidence of better options and he,as a senior pro,did NOTHING to protect them.

I say again,if he is that f***ing good,how come no team above Div 2 EVER want to buy him and how come when he was a free agent could he secure no offer above Vauxhall Conference?

Because Football Managers know a good keeper when they see one and none ever saw one in Kuipers perhaps?

I can believe it is possible I am wrong,but 92 League Managers cant be wrong surely?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Except that some of us posters have been saying it for f***ing years whilst idiot BHAFC deluded fools ruined the confidence of better options and he,as a senior pro,did NOTHING to protect them.

I say again,if he is that f***ing good,how come no team above Div 2 EVER want to buy him and how come when he was a free agent could he secure no offer above Vauxhall Conference?

Because Football Managers know a good keeper when they see one and none ever saw one in Kuipers perhaps?

I can believe it is possible I am wrong,but 92 League Managers cant be wrong surely?

Absolutely spot on.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
It's opinions isn't it. How come BHA managers kept picking him then?
What exactly did he do to still deserve grief on a public forum?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He was a showman who flattered to decieve fools watching.
Every BHAFC manager tried to replace him only Gus had the guts to get rid.But then,even Gus threatened to walk away from the club and the idiots who "support"us.

Every BHAFC manager has made it plain that Kuipers was available for transfer and the lack of a queue knocking down our door shows how he was regarded by other teams.

Call me an idiiot if you will but if he was that f***ing fantastic how come the only offers we ever got for him were from Div 2 and the Vauxhall Conference?

I see the light now, but I'm struggling to understand how we failed to replace him for what, eleven years? Did he have a gypsy curse over the club? Was he sleeping with Dick Knight? Were there no other goalkeepers available for eleven years? Nothing to do with talent I assume?

I'm not one for a Kuipers love in but the stuff you've posted here is simply ridiculous.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Henderson

Please expand, I have supported the Albion for many years & know opinion of supporters was divided, but I wasn't aware that Kuipers did anything against Henderson.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
I see the light now, but I'm struggling to understand how we failed to replace him for what, eleven years? Did he have a gypsy curse over the club? Was he sleeping with Dick Knight? Were there no other goalkeepers available for eleven years? Nothing to do with talent I assume?

I'm not one for a Kuipers love in but the stuff you've posted here is simply ridiculous.

Really? how come no other club rated him as highly as our deluded crew,how come every manager tried to replace him? how come he never recieved an offer from a team higher in the league than us?
It took Gus to put him in his place,on the Football League scrap heap,at a realatively young age for a keeper,a position in that age and experience holds sway.

Pity he took better options down before him.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Please expand, I have supported the Albion for many years & know opinion of supporters was divided, but I wasn't aware that Kuipers did anything against Henderson.

He failed,as a senior pro, to protect him from unfair abuse from the Kuipers crew for a fluke goal.He helped destroy the confidence of a young kid because he was in danger of being replaced by true talent.
Interestingly enough the Kuipers fan club failed to see the similarity to an identical incident the following season with him in goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here