Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig "couldn't hit a barndoor" Davies

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair he will be kicking himself and hopefully he will put it right against Crewe, also it was the last min, if he KEPT missing those chances then fair enough, but hopefully its just a one off.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Not sure that costing us 2 goals in 3 games neccessarily justifies him staying in goal for a 'few games'. He did have a blinder on Saturday though, so I suppose can be let off - but he needs to find the consistency he showed last season, and fast.

COSTING us two goals. Where'd you get that from? If you're refering to Luton and today, Luton wasn't entirey (if at all) Kuipers' fault, Virgo got in the way for him to clear it and tonight there was a bad dip on the ball so made it very hard to judge. And he absolutely should be in goal, because as you rightly said he had a blinder on Saturday and saves us so many points.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
COSTING us two goals. Where'd you get that from? If you're refering to Luton and today, Luton wasn't entirey (if at all) Kuipers' fault, Virgo got in the way for him to clear it and tonight there was a bad dip on the ball so made it very hard to judge. And he absolutely should be in goal, because as you rightly said he had a blinder on Saturday and saves us so many points.

Just the way I saw it....still prefer him to Sullivan....but wish he'd cut the mistakes. He's not blameless. Perhaps he wasn't entirely to blame, but he could still have done a lot better today and last week.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Just the way I saw it....still prefer him to Sullivan....but wish he'd cut the mistakes. He's not blameless. Perhaps he wasn't entirely to blame, but he could still have done a lot better today and last week.

So you didn't rate his great and another good save tonight then?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
From the family stand Kuipers was unsighted therefore the late dive - manager should not be slagging him off ! Maybe he could have done better but it was not a complete howler.
When Davies came on he did well - held the ball up - was strong - put their defense under pressure. Yes he did miss a sitter (although defender was closing in) - missed 1 from 1 not a disaster - looks a good attacking option and offers more to the team than Murray. Give the bloke a chance.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

f~@king brilliant - he's been here 2 minutes and already we have some dumbass on his back, ffs are you trying to make him fail or what? you :tosser:

Do you even have any positive words in your vocabulary?

What kindof supporter are you? someone who is only happy if they can find a target to ridicule? - if so do everyone a favour and don't go to games, and don't post on here, you sad, sad person

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
So you didn't rate his great and another good save tonight then?

Where did I say that?

Admittedly, I can only remember one save from him, which looked fairly routine to me....but I don't see what you're getting at? I like Kuipers, I just wish he'd cut the silly errors/people weren't so starry eyed about him. Last season he was fantastic, if he can hit that form again we're laughinng.

Anyway, this thread was in frustration of Davies squandering a GOLDEN chance in the last minute which would have given us the points. Maybe a little harsh/provocative, but I don't think you can deny it was fairly shocking finishing. I don't plan on picking on him - I look forward to seeing him up front with Murray to be honest, he certainly has the pace and power needed. But I hope his finishing is a LOT better than that.

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
How about this. I'm pretty impressed with all micky's January signings. Give craig a little time. He will come good. Also he looked completely gutted after the miss.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Nope. 92nd minute, one-on-one, 10 yards out, the ball simply requires rolling into the corner for 3 points - and he balloons it wide. Donkey finishing we can't afford if we're to stay up.

So he didn't change the game when he came on with carole ?

He made two saves that kept us in the game tonight, or did you miss those?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Nope. 92nd minute, one-on-one, 10 yards out, the ball simply requires rolling into the corner for 3 points - and he balloons it wide. Donkey finishing we can't afford if we're to stay up.

I kinda agree with you. It's obviously early to start criticising the player, especially since he has scored a goal for us already. However, over the last two home matches he has missed a hatful of chances ranging from 'golden chances' to 'sitters'. Not going to write him off yet, but his conversion rate has me worried and whoever is up top can't afford to be missing chances like Davies did at the end of the game today - we simply can't afford the points.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

He misses one chance and you're slating him? Please think before you post in future, your ramblings and moans are justified most of the time but not tonight.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
To be fair to Kuipers, he made one or two saves tonight that I think would have just left Sullivan ROOTED.

As for THAT miss from Davies, it was pretty bad. Can't deny that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here