Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig "couldn't hit a barndoor" Davies

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Yes i do think it was necessary.
How can you question my support of the club that i pay stupid amounts of money to go and see over one comment. I think he's shit you don't. What does that have to do with me going off "supporting" another team?
Sitters missed at Tranmere, Yeovil, Northampton and MK Dons now. He's supposedly a striker. Where are all these goals exactly?
And we apparently paid £100,000-£200,000 for him!?

I question your support because, as mentioned on the other thread, I think it is completely and utterly counter-productive for our current predicament to behave the way that you all did today.

I also genuinely question your values as a human being. The guy has missed chances - so do many strikers. It does not show a bad attitude - in fact his reaction to these misses to me shows his desire to do well for the Albion. I make mistakes in my job and sometimes they can be quite costly - but I get down enough about them without abuse raining down on me.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
Yes i do think it was necessary.
How can you question my support of the club that i will love until i die. I can't bear to see us go down in such a pathetic way. I just wish players would at least look like they actually cared about this club.
What has me thinking Davies is shit and you not got to do with me going and "supporting" another club.
Sitters missed at Tranmere, Yeovil, Northampton and MK Dons now. He's supposedly a striker. Where are all these goals exactly?
And we apparently paid £100,000-£200,000 for him!?
He isn't the only player that is playing like they couldn't care less at the moment. Carole, Owusu, Heath etc are completely useless as well.

Are you sure that you go to the games?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I question your support because, as mentioned on the other thread, I think it is completely and utterly counter-productive for our current predicament to behave the way that you all did today.

I also genuinely question your values as a human being. The guy has missed chances - so do many strikers. It does not show a bad attitude - in fact his reaction to these misses to me shows his desire to do well for the Albion. I make mistakes in my job and sometimes they can be quite costly - but I get down enough about them without abuse raining down on me.

It's not as if i don't understand the point you're making, i completely agree that no-one deserves to be treated like Davies was today, it was all just pent up frustration from another shite 90 minutes of football.
He's got potential, but he isn't the player we need in a relegation scrap.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
He isn't the only player that is playing like they couldn't care less at the moment. Carole, Owusu, Heath etc are completely useless as well.

By the way i agree with that statement, which is why I think it is particularly ridiculous that Davies is getting all the shit. The soft goals that Heath, Kuipers, Virgo, El Abd and the rest of the chuckle brothers have presided over have probably cost us more than Davies' missed chances ever will.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I've calmed down a tad. I appreciate what you're saying completely. I think Davies puts in more effort than a lot of the players combined, i just don't think he is either ready for this level of football, nor do i think he is a striker.

Then again, obviously he's had to move to Brighton and such, hopefully he can get settled for next season. I'm really hoping you and foul old ron prove me wrong to doubt him.

I'll admit defeat in this debate :/

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
the abuse he got after his miss today was completely out of order imo, it made me embarrassed to be a Brighton fan when that happened.

It's so easy to criticise a player who is severely lacking confidence, and it isn't suddenly gonna make him play better is it, especially when we need him to perform!

He looked a decent propect when he first arrived but got injured an was rushed back before he was ready, now after all the abuse he gets, and also that he must be feeling so down after a few bad misses which has destroyed what all strikers thrive on, confidence.

A confident player doesn't think about the chance and just does what he needs to do, an unconfident player takes extra touches, hesitates and then tends to miss more than they should, its the same for all players.

the abuse shows we have some fans who are completely clueless about football matters, which including player psychology, the team have had to suffer abuse all season because some fans think it helps the side perform, but the reality is that you end up with a poorly performing team and ruined players

Such skewed thinking. We are going down before the players are not good enough, don't care enough or both. I put 90% of the blame on the players. Lets get this straight the crowd did not get us relegated and by and large the fans are incredibly loyal and patient home and especially away. Maybe they have just had enough at a limp return to Div 4. Do you appreciate the gravity of the situation. I think not.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Such skewed thinking. We are going down before the players are not good enough, don't care enough or both. I put 90% of the blame on the players. Lets get this straight the crowd did not get us relegated
I share this opinion. I think too many our of our players have displayed a lack of technical ability - not tactics or attititude but just basic football skills. That's when I lost it yesterday. Sure Davies missed but so do other strikers: he must be low on confidence after his other misses and may come good but he needed to know just how pissed off we were after making the effort to go to MK.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Such skewed thinking. We are going down before the players are not good enough, don't care enough or both. I put 90% of the blame on the players.
I think it has far more to do with the fact that we have had a lot of injuries to our players during the season and that has meant that we have not had a settled team, what is our first choice team and how often have they played together?

I also think alot of it is to do with pressure, the players have struggled under expectations and early poor results meant that they have not had any confidence or belief in themselves (losing to 9 men vs Walsall must have been a massive blow, and the lack of wins at Withdean)

Lets get this straight the crowd did not get us relegated and by and large the fans are incredibly loyal and patient home and especially away. Maybe they have just had enough at a limp return to Div 4. Do you appreciate the gravity of the situation. I think not.

But the negativity ALL SEASON hasn't helped, Teams and players play well when they are confident and NOT under pressure, having fans shouting at the that they are not even good enough to play for Lewes (eg, - aimed at Cox as he was about to come on as a sub in a game when we were chasing a result at home) who does that help a player play well?

Also the sheer panic and anxiety from fans all season doesn't help either, idiots shouting at a player because he hasn't crossed the ball in despite the ball having not eached him yet, or if the ball is in our area, the paniced calls to clear it, often when there was no danger, all then followed by comments that the players arn't doing enough or arn't trying which isn't true. they want the players to be in 50 places at once, and complain that arn't good enough or arn't trying or don't care if they can't be.

The abuse and moaning has been all season, moans about any little thing they can find, from the sacking of Adams to the food on offer at Withdean. Just turning up and moaning about evertything isn't supporting the team, support is getting behind your team, if they are struggling or playing poorly you try to get them to improve by getting behind them and giving positive vocal support, not telling them they are shit, to fcuk off etc, how dumb does someone have to be to think that helps a side to play better? or get the best out of that player?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The 'What a waste of money chant' was born totally out of frustration yesterday. Of course its not a good thing to sing to a player who I think is trying his hardest but it happens when passionate fans get to the end of their tether.
I will never abuse a player who tries, but the fact of the matter is that Davies is not up to it.

Will Dick Knight claim he discovered this boy as well ?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
as we're playing Barnsley, and they have "him" upfront, what do you reckon. He is blatantly going to score. 9/1's with bet365 to score first...

That's really weird, i was looking at this very thread before you bounced it. It used to appear on a regular basis. I was sorry to see him go to be honest, he seemed to find his scoring boots since. Similar style of player to Painter. I think he might sneak one, hopefully when we are 5-0 up!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Can we have him back?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Thanks for bouncing and have only read the last page.

One thing that troubles me, and I know I'm getting old, but who was this 'Heath' player? Obviously didn't leave much of an impression in that I can't remember him. Was his 1st name Matt?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here