( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He has pace.

He has no first touch.
He can't hold the ball up.
His finishing is rubbish.
He can't head the ball.

Send him back :clap:
I think he has shown a good touch at times. In fact the only time his touch has been really bad was Tuesday, when he just looked totally bereft of confidence in everything he did. The trouble is it's hard to see how he can regain confidence when he spectacularly misses what can only be described as a PERFECT chance to get a goal. He's definitely the 4th best striker we currently have anyway.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He will come good, once he gets a goal the confidence will come back. He does hold up the ball brings others into play and harasses the oppo defence. Just needs a goal off his back side or something and all will be good.

Have a bit of faith in him and don't get on his back

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I do think Owusu is going to end up as an impact player, giving us another option.

The bench will aslo have Virgo on it, who can cover a number of positions, which is good.

Think Davies will be the one to struggle to make the match day 16.

I've got admit I like having 2 of our 4 strikers on the bench so i hope Davies stays in the squad, They all offer something different and gives us options up front to change the game and our style of play when it's needed. Allthough Davies missed that sitter yesterday it was his pace that enabled him to break away from the Yeovil defence and ended up with their keeper bringing him down and getting sent off, If the keeper had still been on I think he would've saved Cox's shot for his 2nd goal.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you think Davies is bad, and personally I don't as I think once he scores one he'll be on a roll, look at Bendtner for Arsenal. How many chances did he miss and he is in the premiership ffs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
he just needs to get some confidence back in his game and he'll do fine. Keep him in the squad.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If you think Davies is bad, and personally I don't as I think once he scores one he'll be on a roll, look at Bendtner for Arsenal. How many chances did he miss and he is in the premiership ffs.
I saw that on MotD, shocking display from a Prem forward.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I do think Owusu is going to end up as an impact player, giving us another option.

The bench will aslo have Virgo on it, who can cover a number of positions, which is good.

Think Davies will be the one to struggle to make the match day 16.

I think Virgo will probably end up playing centre back, I guess it depends on how long we are going to keep Heath for. I think Virgo is probably our best CB anyway though.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I think Virgo will probably end up playing centre back, I guess it depends on how long we are going to keep Heath for. I think Virgo is probably our best CB anyway though.

???

Played a handful of games under Adams/Taylor
Shipped out by Coppell
Played at Right back in 2004 under McGhee.
Played up front in 2005 under McGhee
Was by all accounts shocking at centre back in a relegated Colchester team
Played 1 good game against Man City

Not sure how he is better than any of our current central defenders, even if they have been piss poor this season.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
He very much reminds me of Kurt Nogan - when he first came to us he couldn't hit a barn door and then suddenly found the net one game, couldn't stop scoring and became a hero.

(plus he had one of the best songs ever for an Albion player - no no, no no no no, no no no no, no no no no Nogan!)

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
???

Played a handful of games under Adams/Taylor
Shipped out by Coppell
Played at Right back in 2004 under McGhee.
Played up front in 2005 under McGhee
Was by all accounts shocking at centre back in a relegated Colchester team
Played 1 good game against Man City

Not sure how he is better than any of our current central defenders, even if they have been piss poor this season.

Quite young in those first few examples and we had other experienced centre halfs like Cullip/Morgan/Crosby etc etc. Did really well playing up front in 2005.

It is never easy playing in a relegated team.
It is not always the defences fault if goals are being shipped. Was superb against City and we all know he should have had more starts this season at centre half.

Still it is nice to see you have crawled out of the woodwork, must have been hhard having nothing to moan about yesterday!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Quite young in those first few examples and we had other experienced centre halfs like Cullip/Morgan/Crosby etc etc. Did really well playing up front in 2005.

It is never easy playing in a relegated team.
It is not always the defences fault if goals are being shipped. Was superb against City and we all know he should have had more starts this season at centre half.

Still it is nice to see you have crawled out of the woodwork, must have been hhard having nothing to moan about yesterday!

:jester: I was simply pointing out that it seems hard to justify how Virgo can be our best defender.

Anyway, as pointed out on another thread, it is still quite easy to moan about how SHOCKING Craig Davies is! :drink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was at Arsenal v West Sham, and Bendtner reeked then as well.
I would not swap him for Forster. Seriously.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I like the look of Davies: seems like he really cares (always the last one to finish clapping the crowd) and I think he just needs a goal and he'll come good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here