Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig "couldn't hit a barndoor" Davies

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
WW you are a tosser of the highest order.

Davies has played a handful of games for us and like all players, it can take a while for some players to settle into a club. I suspect you were one of the ones slagging off Kurt Nogan in the 90's when he first came down here because he wasn't scoring goals.

Every thread you start or participate in is full of dislike for everything BHA and I wonder why you even bother...Do you make it your aim to slag off every player that's had a game bad for us? Why also do you single just one or two players out when there have been others who've been just as bad.

Thing is, you're not even that funny...and seem like a bit of a bully who just takes a dig at a player and turns it into a personal vendetta which goes to prove that you're probably a less that slightly stable character.

I appreciate that everyone's entitled to their opinion, but yours at times borders on the neurotic with your dislike of certain Brighton players.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Davies has played a handful of games for us and like all players, it can take a while for some players to settle into a club. I suspect you were one of the ones slagging off Kurt Nogan in the 90's when he first came down here because he wasn't scoring goals.

Every thread you start or participate in is full of dislike for everything BHA and I wonder why you even bother...Do you make it your aim to slag off every player that's had a game bad for us? Why also do you single just one or two players out when there have been others who've been just as bad.

Thing is, you're not even that funny...and seem like a bit of a bully who just takes a dig at a player and turns it into a personal vendetta which goes to prove that you're probably a less that slightly stable character.

I appreciate that everyone's entitled to their opinion, but yours at times borders on the neurotic with your dislike of certain Brighton players.

Awaits the " .. I'm entitled to my opinion.." reply ....

We shouldn't mock the afflicted, everytime he posts just think ' there but for the grace of God go I ..'

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

I think he's only 16 or 17 so he wouldn't remember Kurt Nogan. His lack of experience might explain his lack of perspective?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
There wasn't much evidence on Saturday to suggest that Davies will score enough goals to get us out of trouble. I am not saying that he won't, but it is looking unlikely.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
He seemed to lack any conviction on Saturday. He did do some running, but looked half hearted going in to win the ball.

Think he has lost his confidence after the miss that started this whole stupid thread, then giving away a stupid penalty that put us behind against Crewe.

I reckon he will score the goal that keeps us in this division

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
looks labored at times, and seems to take him a while to get his body around and in between the defender, has some nice touches and for there first game as a front 2 some good positives. Owusu and Forster on the other hand now that could be very lively !

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Davies ran his socks off on Saturday and won virtually every ball he went for. I can't believe the stick the man has got. The bloke misses one chance and he's worse than a murderer. It's pathetic and sadly typical of the petulant ramblings which seem to sum up NSC lately. He's only been here 5 minutes, give the bloke a chance.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
He seemed to lack any conviction on Saturday. He did do some running, but looked half hearted going in to win the ball.

Thing is Brett is that people used to say that about Zamora sometimes, that he was a lazy player and people also say the same thing about Murray...

Players like Davies & Murray are obviously confidence players who once they start scoring then they go on a run of 5 or 6 games where they score loads of goals...Just like Fozzie does.

He's had 4 games and has already scored. He clearly isn't fit and has had a change in manager. PLUS he's had a different strike and midfielder delivering service to him every game so it's no wonder he's short on confidence.

After the first game everyone was raving about how good he was and now he's become a bad player :wozza: I don't think so.

Lets judge Davies, not on a couple of games back after an injury but after 10 or so games and in a settled team.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think the problem is with the signings we have made is because ofd the season we have had ( and are having) there is not time for people to bed in. that is not their fault, however I do believe Davies will be a good striker in a sucessful team.

In the time he has been here I have not seen a 25 goal a season man. Yes he has not been here long and we must give him time.

Personally I think the choice of Forster, Murray, Owusu and Davis is excellent to have when all fit, I see Murray and Fortser being the no 1 choice.

When all is said and done, watching McGleish on Saturday showed us all what we have been missing this year. His ability to head the ball, hold it up and lay off killer balls is only really matched by Forster and if it was me, I would have him here like a shot.

As I say davies is one for the future, which looks like 4th division football

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought Davies ran his socks off and went in to most challenges he wouldn't win with eager, flying arms. His touch was poor in general, but he seemed more shaken by his desperation to score than being utterly, unquestionably pap. He'll come good.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I thought Davies on Saturday. Held the ball up well, but his first touch is worst then a Rhino and why isn't he more clinical infront of goal! IMO the money we brought him for wasn't worth it!

How much did we pay? I though it was hushty pushty mate.

I sat in the home end and they thought he was a really good player.

J-Scott

Mar 9, 2009
i think he probably just needs time to settle, a lot of energy and hopefully in time he will start to bag them, lets not judge him yet.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm not forming a lasting opinion on him yet as it is still too early

but lets just say he needs to improve bigtime to justify cash being spent at the moment

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I know I said I can't be arsed to have an evening ranting and raving and being slated for it, and I can't, but I might as well bounce this for good measure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here