Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CPS to prosecute roz over Ann de Vecchi poster?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Email duely sent :

Dear Councillor De Vecchi,

I find myself having to write to you following your vindictive complaint against a fellow Brighton and Hove Albion supporter over a wanted poster. Frankly the complaint demonstrates clearly why the British public no longer trust, and actually despise, politicians such as yourself. It shows you to be both arrogant and childish as well as cowardly. Constantly throughout the recent events surrounding the Falmer application you have hidden behind the guise of Lewes District Council, the Police and now the CPS to conduct your vindictive campaign rather that have the courage to stand up and speak for yourself. You have wasted police resources for your own political agenda and now seem intent on doing the same with CPS resources. As a tax payer I deplore the waste of money your petty, ill-informed complaint has generated. One would hope elected representatives actually had the intelligence to accept valid, truthful criticism – you clearly do not.

As a taxpayer and voter I demand you retract this complaint.

Yours sincerely,

Westdene Seagull

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Scandalous waste of time - I would be more than happy to contribute financially or otherwise to assist.

That stupid f***ing cow makes me so angry :censored:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What about us all changing our avatars to the wanted poster ?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It could actually be favourable to the cause if the CPS did take this on and it blows up Nationaly. Look at the benefit for the Anti McDonalds campaigners when the McLibel case blew up in McDonalds faces.

We could more than cover any legal costs between us Im sure.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
seagullsovergrimsby said:
What about us all changing our avatars to the wanted poster ?
Quality idea. Don't let this BITCH get you down roz. You're a top FOOTY CHICK legend. :bowdown:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Up before the beak on an ASBO.

I would object to it being held at Lewes Magistrates.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Don't forget, Lewes Labour Party had this poster up in their window in the High Street in Lewes for weeks. Do they get a summons?

It's the timing that is so cynical. When the posters originally went up, it was at the time of Lewes District Council announcing its intent to waste public money on challenging John Prescott's Falmer decision. To have tried to clobber roz then would not have gone down well. Now the dust has settled a little, she believes she can now intimidate roz, feeling that the political wind is in her sales, which of course, is bollocks.

We, as a bunch of well-versed campaigning supporters, have seen off multi-national supermarkets, belligerent northern businessmen, the blinkered green lobby and all other challengers in the past, so this stark raving lunatic, who clearly doesn't know what she is letting herself in for, should be a doddle in comparison.

Without wishing to be too bold, I believe I speak for everyone on here, roz, when I say you have the complete and undivided support of NSC in this matter.

PS: a word to the wise, folks - the Argus are already on the case. ;)

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This thread could be admitted in evidence if it was an ASBO case ?

Legal people would know.

PS: I put up a thread ages ago saying that complainants would use the ASBO laws to gang up on people they disagreed with or did not like. It was a satire, but I knew it had happened already.

It has got to be a publicty stunt or a deliberate attempt to use the legal powers to pursue a private grudge = difference of opinion. Anybody, who really wanted to stop a certain action would apply for a civil injunction.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I'm printing one out and sticking it in my window/ a sign in the garden. I suggest you all do the same.

No one take them down!

trueblue said:
What's the possible punishment for a "crime" of this magnitude? Can't be much - a fine maybe, which I'm sure we'll pay in 5 minutes with a whip round.

Assuming they are talking about a possible offence under Section 2 of the Act (causing harassment) ...

... a maximum of six months imprisonment, or a level 5 fine, or both.

Section 4 (causing fear of violence) ... up to five years.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Presumably if we all put the poster up in our windows, it'll be a bit tricky for the CPS to prosecute us all.....and if the Argus writes an article, it'll increase the interest in the whole issue and backfire seriously on de Vecchi, I think.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Lord Bracknell said:
Assuming they are talking about a possible offence under Section 2 of the Act (causing harassment) ...

... a maximum of six months imprisonment, or a level 5 fine, or both.

Section 4 (causing fear of violence) ... up to five years.

Fine
Fines are penalties available to courts for a wide variety of offences. In the Magistrates' Courts offences that attract fines are subject to maximums from level 1 to level 5.

Level 1: £200
Level 2: £500
Level 3: £1,000
Level 4: £2,500
Level 5: £5,000

There’s no limit to the amount the Crown Court can fine, but the amount will take into account the seriousness of the offence and the offender’s ability to pay.

5 GRAND for that? That's ridiculous

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Large One said:
Don't forget, Lewes Labour Party had this poster up in their window in the High Street in Lewes for weeks. Do they get a summons?

It's the timing that is so cynical. When the posters originally went up, it was at the time of Lewes District Council announcing its intent to waste public money on challenging John Prescott's Falmer decision. To have tried to clobber roz then would not have gone down well. Now the dust has settled a little, she believes she can now intimidate roz, feeling that the political wind is in her sales, which of course, is bollocks.

We, as a bunch of well-versed campaigning supporters, have seen off multi-national supermarkets, belligerent northern businessmen, the blinkered green lobby and all other challengers in the past, so this stark raving lunatic, who clearly doesn't know what she is letting herself in for, should be a doddle in comparison.

Without wishing to be too bold, I believe I speak for everyone on here, roz, when I say you have the complete and undivided support of NSC in this matter.

Good.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Biscuit said:
I'm printing one out and sticking it in my window/ a sign in the garden. I suggest you all do the same.

No one take them down!

The problem with that is, that it could be seen as harassment if Roz has organised everyone to display pictures, I know she hasn't but, it is a card that could possibly be played.

What would happen if while I was walking my dogs, one of them had to do their business, and when picking it up instead of using a plastic, I accidently (of course) used an envelope addressed to the De Venerial Disease woman. Then on my way home tripping up and losing my grip on afformentioned envelope, it fly's out my hand into a post box, to be delivered to her front door.

Alternatively, just throw a bucket of water over her, it worked in the Wizard of Oz ;)

If any money is needed for funds, please do not hesitate to contact me, I wont even make you run round Stanmer Park for it like BAG :D

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
S4 of the Protection From Harassment Act 1997

A person whose course of conduct causes another to fear, on at least two occasions, that violence will be used against him is guilty of an offence if he knows or ought to know that his course of conduct will cause the other to so fear on each of those occasions.

I cannot possibly see how even Ann DeVecchi could claim that she GENUINELY feared violence being used against her as a result of this Roz's poster. Nowhere does that poster tell or even slightly suggest people go and stalk her, or beat her up, or chuck paint over her car and kidnap her cat.

It would be particularly ironic if she had made that claim in a statement, given her partner's alleged propensity for attacking the press.

Unless there's a deep and pressing public interest, this (if the CPS were stupid enough to send it for trial) would almost certainly be heard before a magistrates' court, not a Crown court, unless the defendant opts for trial by jury.

What a waste of public funds this is.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
555kaz said:
The problem with that is, that it could be seen as harassment if Roz has organised everyone to display pictures, I know she hasn't but, it is a card that could possibly be played.

What would happen if while I was walking my dogs, one of them had to do their business, and when picking it up instead of using a plastic, I accidently (of course) used an envelope addressed to the De Venerial Disease woman. Then on my way home tripping up and losing my grip on afformentioned envelope, it fly's out my hand into a post box, to be delivered to her front door.

Alternatively, just throw a bucket of water over her, it worked in the Wizard of Oz ;)

If any money is needed for funds, please do not hesitate to contact me, I wont even make you run round Stanmer Park for it like BAG :D

Thatr being the case Roz call call on a lot of witnesses here who would happily (and truthfully) testify that she didn't encourage us as she hasn't.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Large One said:

Why did they take the Poster down?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
bhaexpress said:
Thatr being the case Roz call call on a lot of witnesses here who would happily (and truthfully) testify that she didn't encourage us as she hasn't.

Very true, just didn't want to give them any fuel what so ever. Would be more than happy to display the poster, but the less there are about, the more pathetic and petty the witch looks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here