Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This is why authorities 'explaining the rules' to covidiots will never work. Covidiots are fully conversant with the rules, entitled ****s just assume the rules ol apply to other, lesser, people. Time to tell them the good news...

These ****s will suffer the consequences, when they get the virus :tosser:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I agree. The rules seem to have drifted a bit on what constitutes vulnerable. First lockdown. Our kids school had around 10% of pupils as an average. This time week 1 has seen around 40% and they are expecting more now it seems those with no online access are allowed to attend in spite of the fact that they are able to get work packs for home learning. I agreed with a temporary school closure but it won't work if too many attend

Did I hear that "vulnerable" now includes children who don't have access to an adequate device, or to Broadband, or to a quiet place to study at home.

have they any idea how many children that will involve, and often from the poorest most densely populated parts of towns and cities where the risks of the virus is likely to be the highest anyway. Our 8 year old granddaughter in Bridgend, South Wales, had a positive test over Christmas, actually getting the result on Christmas Day. we guess she picked up the virus from school. Both her parents, who are very sensible and cautious about all this, then had tests which were both negative, but we are 100% sure that my son-in-law had it - he managed to eat a spoonful of marmite without flinching, and he hates the stuff.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The hut that serves drinks and lovely cakes at the top of Dyke Road Avenue.

We go for strolls there, just my daughter and I.

Today and every day loads of couples and extended families meet up, no distancing, no masks. Not 'chavs', just normal middle class folk who aren't going to let a nanny state stop them seeing the other families and couples they adore. Arrogance.

It’s closed today. Not sure why but it must just be coincidence that we saw hardly anyone taking a walk on the adjoining field earlier today

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Did I hear that "vulnerable" now includes children who don't have access to an adequate device, or to Broadband, or to a quiet place to study at home.

have they any idea how many children that will involve, and often from the poorest most densely populated parts of towns and cities where the risks of the virus is likely to be the highest anyway. Our 8 year old granddaughter in Bridgend, South Wales, had a positive test over Christmas, actually getting the result on Christmas Day. we guess she picked up the virus from school. Both her parents, who are very sensible and cautious about all this, then had tests which were both negative, but we are 100% sure that my son-in-law had it - he managed to eat a spoonful of marmite without flinching, and he hates the stuff.

It does apparently include those. Makes the school "closure" somewhat pointless.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The problem with this and other lockdowns is that we have a government that a good soundbite is what's needed. They need to be braver. DIY stores, garden centres etc should all be closed. Surely the only stores that need to remain open are the food stores, and by that I mean genuine food stores, not those shops that sell non essential items as their core business but happen to have a fridge with some soft drinks and sandwiches. Disallow any contact with anyone from another household other than genuine support bubbles (because there are plenty that are linking with another household because they think they can rather than because the need to).

The sooner the spread is minimised, the sooner restrictions are eased, that and increase in vaccinated people. This isn't forever, just hopefully two or three months more.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I’ve just had enough of people believing they are above others because they follow the rules more than someone else. This thread is an exact example of what is happening to society, people walking along the seafront are apparently covidiots .

People walking in groups along the seafront are Covidiots - People walking on their own or with one other are not

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The problem with this and other lockdowns is that we have a government that a good soundbite is what's needed. They need to be braver. DIY stores, garden centres etc should all be closed. Surely the only stores that need to remain open are the food stores, and by that I mean genuine food stores, not those shops that sell non essential items as their core business but happen to have a fridge with some soft drinks and sandwiches. Disallow any contact with anyone from another household other than genuine support bubbles (because there are plenty that are linking with another household because they think they can rather than because the need to).

The sooner the spread is minimised, the sooner restrictions are eased, that and increase in vaccinated people. This isn't forever, just hopefully two or three months more.

You forgot close schools to all but those who really need it

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
First time I’ve been asked why I’m walking around Manor Royal today, had to show the Key Worker letter/Work ID - which is fine.

I’m really not anti police, they have an impossible job at the best of times, but they were ultra aggressive from the off for no reason.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Please do share your point. You said something didn’t work, but didn’t state your criteria for determine working / not working.

You keep backing away at times like this - a bit disappointing really.

Lunch break ...sorry to be a disappointment..I take a step back to avoid confrontation..and as I’m not as eloquent as a lot on here my points get misconstrued..by all means reply ..I won’t be as I’ve said enough and wouldn’t want to disappoint any further

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The 'key worker' line must be the widest greyest line in history

E services, medical / care staff yes, obviously, a daft example is me. We have a letter from BP at work . . .they have been designated an essential service ( fuels) and we are one of their key suppliers, We have a letter from them telling us we must continue trading to maintain their supply/service. SOme of What we do is an important but small part of the big chain, without our kit tankers wouldn't fill at depots and then no fuel in stations, so To the letter of the law I'm a key worker, but come on. No ones gonna miss me over a nurse, paramedic or a fireman.

My company and the industry it works under are c!added as essential services. We are signed up to a scheme run by the Government and NHS. We get certificates and passes from both to show that we are essential. Some of the places we deliver to I sometimes wonder should they be open, this is not for me to say, I'm sure every business will say they are in some way essential.
If we are in a full lockdown does a small garage need to be open? I would say probably not, but if they service or repair cars for key workers then yes they should be open.

Maybe going forward SIC codes for all businesses should also have a added symbol to class them as to whether they are an essential service.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’ve just had enough of people believing they are above others because they follow the rules more than someone else. This thread is an exact example of what is happening to society, people walking along the seafront are apparently covidiots or someone going to a garden centre etc, this happened all through summer with packed beaches, protests, pub gardens.

Perhaps someone going to a garden centre to get some plants to work on their garden improves their quality of life and mental health the same as someone like me who can go out and exercise once a day to keep myself sane?

Some will follow the rules, some won’t. That’s life, in every aspect, not just this pandemic.

You are right in that lots of people have this rather selfish, rule breaking attitude to life. The problem at the moment is that the consequences of this behavior can be seen in ICU units up and down the country, distraught nurses and doctors and even more upset relatives of the hundreds dying every day. Put in those terms you cannot be surprised that many on here react harshly to the rule breakers. Selfish Western attitudes are in sharp spotlight because of this pandemic and it is not a good look.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
First time I’ve been asked why I’m walking around Manor Royal today, had to show the Key Worker letter/Work ID - which is fine.

I’m really not anti police, they have an impossible job at the best of times, but they were ultra aggressive from the off for no reason.

Good! They need to keep that stance up! Only way to relay the good news to ****s that their behaviour is unacceptable to society. Else next stop is a curfew

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It’s closed today. Not sure why but it must just be coincidence that we saw hardly anyone taking a walk on the adjoining field earlier today

I have lived fairly close and gone past it regularly for years. It has never been as busy as it has been during each lockdown with regular large queues and crowds.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Except they won't tho, will they. Or at least not before passing it on to very many people that don't deserve it. ****s needs stigmatising by society. Or at least refused entry to supermarkets

I know THPP.
The non believer's are ignorant to thinking that nothing will affect them.
Whereas the believer's do something to help themselves and others.
Nothing will change TBH :shrug:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
My company and the industry it works under are c!added as essential services. We are signed up to a scheme run by the Government and NHS. We get certificates and passes from both to show that we are essential. Some of the places we deliver to I sometimes wonder should they be open, this is not for me to say, I'm sure every business will say they are in some way essential.
If we are in a full lockdown does a small garage need to be open? I would say probably not, but if they service or repair cars for key workers then yes they should be open.

Maybe going forward SIC codes for all businesses should also have a added symbol to class them as to whether they are an essential service.

Sorry it might help if I said what my company does, we supply workwear and PPE to all industries across the UK. Food preparation companies need clean garments to work, pharmaceutical need clean workwear and PPE. I was not aware that we supply 87% of abbatoirs with clean workwear, if they don't have clean by law they can be closed down.

I can see why we are classed as essential, but I'm sure others people will disagree.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It does apparently include those. Makes the school "closure" somewhat pointless.

The cynic in me wonders how many of the children returning to school because they 'haven't got access to a computer' are actually whizzes at FIFA21, Fortnight, Forge of Empires or Minecraft ............................?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

That has been like that for a while. Vulnerable to “ falling behind” is the reasoning.

School at the moment has lots more children attending due to this. Some schools are running at 70% in parts of the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here