Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
First time I’ve been asked why I’m walking around Manor Royal today, had to show the Key Worker letter/Work ID - which is fine.

I’m really not anti police, they have an impossible job at the best of times, but they were ultra aggressive from the off for no reason.

Well expressed and I agree with your sentiments. Unfortunately, lots of people who never have any regular contact with the Police will be finding out how many dicks wear a uniform in the coming weeks/months. Welcome to the world of some ethnic minority groups and football supporters.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
They should just shut down all the shops including supermarkets and have us using online delivery services instead. Madness that that's not already being implied.
There is a slight problem with this argument. Have you tried booking an online delivery. I now live in Northumberland. Alnwick has two main supermarkets, Sainsbury and Morrisons, neither have any slots available. Sainsbury have said there is no point in increasing there online delivery vehicles and drivers, for when this pandemic is finally over,those vehicles will sit redundant on a car park somewhere. Its one of those Catch 22 situations.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There is a slight problem with this argument. Have you tried booking an online delivery. I now live in Northumberland. Alnwick has two main supermarkets, Sainsbury and Morrisons, neither have any slots available. Sainsbury have said there is no point in increasing there online delivery vehicles and drivers, for when this pandemic is finally over,those vehicles will sit redundant on a car park somewhere. Its one of those Catch 22 situations.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

I’ve read this from a few people on here. No such issues in our bit of Cheshire. We have a Sainsburys delivery for tomorrow and just booked one for next Saturday. Must be a postcode lottery I guess.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Drove up Abbey road, just opposite RSCH. Long queue of people waiting to get in to building approx 30 odd with no social distancing.

Asked what was going on, only to be told they were NHS staff waiting for vaccination.

Asked about social distancing, some little movement at the back, but rest just looked away

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Me, wife and daughter all go together. I do my mum and dads, daughter does in laws, wife does our shopping along with 2 other elderly neighbours. Hope that is ok.

Sorry, but I’m going to question why that needs three people to go into a supermarket.

It is very hard for people to distance when groups of three are walking together up and down aisles.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We all go in separately shop on our own quicker to get shopping done and only 3 of us in store instead of 6 or 7.

You’re basically just travelling there and back together. Makes sense.
Sometimes people need to stop and think. What is counter-intuitive is sometimes the soundest way to proceed.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
You’re basically just travelling there and back together. Makes sense.
Sometimes people need to stop and think. What is counter-intuitive is sometimes the soundest way to proceed.

Yes the 3 of us are from the same household, we then drop the other shopping off on to the door step of those we have shopped for.

Plus it helps keep my parents of 82 and 77 indoors. Parents are a nightmare at that age, they think it's ok to still go out. Especially as my mother has the start of dementia.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Went fishing this afternoon for a couple of hours (allowed, before you ask......and a 10 min walk from home through woods and across a field).

Pond is in a nature reserve so has public access (and been ‘outed’ on things like ‘hidden Sussex’ FB page). Some very big groups ambling around not distanced, a group of teenagers by a bench drinking etc etc. Our close has a small parking area at the end of it....it’s overflowing on a daily basis with people driving to get there. Chatted to a couple who stopped to ask if I’d caught anything (no [emoji23][emoji23]), they’d seen photos on Facebook so drove up from Worthing ‘for a change of scenery’.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
The government are actively encouraging vulnerable students to attend school.

The definition has changed somewhat since Lockdown 1.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife is a teacher and they have to accept key workers children and vulnerable children.
In the last lockdown they had between 5-20 kids at school ( her school has nearly 1800 pupils) this year over 200 and rising ,they try to screen who comes in but are told "my child is vulnerable"and have to accept them.
Just one example of a parents recklessness is a Mother who sent her son into school after her family had all had the covid test the day before, none had their test results back,wtf sort of people are we living with.The consequences of this moron was all the year 9s had to be sent home and more worrying was my wife and her colleagues and families were put at serious risk not to mention the rest of her family who could have potentially spread the virus also.

They are now being asked to have the kids fast tested at school, but it is not compulsory, so they will have some kids that are tested and some that are not,the staff want the kids that are not tested separated from the rest as what is the point,and of course they have come up against red tape and parents,the teachers and school staff are desperate,despondent and need directive from govt.

I could give many many examples of parents ****wittery at her school who could not give a toss about peoples health and feel it their divine right to have their children looked after regardless of the consequences.

My daughter also works with very young children at a school and they have exactly the same problems as my wife.

I worry constantly about my wife and daughter it makes me feel sick to my stomach as I know they dont get the support and safety measures afforded to them and then add to the mix the inconsiderate selfish actions of some parents and I truly despair.

Sorry needed to get that off my chest.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My wife is a teacher and they have to accept key workers children and vulnerable children.
In the last lockdown they had between 5-20 kids at school ( her school has nearly 1800 pupils) this year over 200 and rising ,they try to screen who comes in but are told "my child is vulnerable"and have to accept them.
Just one example of a parents recklessness is a Mother who sent her son into school after her family had all had the covid test the day before, none had their test results back,wtf sort of people are we living with.The consequences of this moron was all the year 9s had to be sent home and more worrying was my wife and her colleagues and families were put at serious risk not to mention the rest of her family who could have potentially spread the virus also.

They are now being asked to have the kids fast tested at school, but it is not compulsory, so they will have some kids that are tested and some that are not,the staff want the kids that are not tested separated from the rest as what is the point,and of course they have come up against red tape and parents,the teachers and school staff are desperate,despondent and need directive from govt.

I could give many many examples of parents ****wittery at her school who could not give a toss about peoples health and feel it their divine right to have their children looked after regardless of the consequences.

My daughter also works with very young children at a school and they have exactly the same problems as my wife.

I worry constantly about my wife and daughter it makes me feel sick to my stomach as I know they dont get the support and safety measures afforded to them and then add to the mix the inconsiderate selfish actions of some parents and I truly despair.

Sorry needed to get that off my chest.

Free childcare, isn’t it [emoji2369][emoji2369]

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Went fishing this afternoon for a couple of hours (allowed, before you ask......and a 10 min walk from home through woods and across a field).

Pond is in a nature reserve so has public access (and been ‘outed’ on things like ‘hidden Sussex’ FB page). Some very big groups ambling around not distanced, a group of teenagers by a bench drinking etc etc. Our close has a small parking area at the end of it....it’s overflowing on a daily basis with people driving to get there. Chatted to a couple who stopped to ask if I’d caught anything (no [emoji23][emoji23]), they’d seen photos on Facebook so drove up from Worthing ‘for a change of scenery’.

Wait for when the dogging starts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here