Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] COVIDIOTS hot spots

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Drove up Abbey road, just opposite RSCH. Long queue of people waiting to get in to building approx 30 odd with no social distancing.

Asked what was going on, only to be told they were NHS staff waiting for vaccination.

Asked about social distancing, some little movement at the back, but rest just looked away

Should be easy in Abbey Road, particularly with the lines set in black and white.

45950016-292B-4737-BACC-C83D2AC43F77.jpeg

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
People have legitimate and often medical reasons for not wearing masks? It’s like thinking someone who uses a disabled spot isn’t disabled because they just get out the car and walk into the supermarket, amazing how the entirety of NSC now think they are Covid marshals :lolol:

Anyway I’m going to bow out of this thread of mostly judgemental & snivelling curtain twitchers. :wink: Enjoy everyone.

Good point,yet does not answer the question

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Try Uber, Just eats, Stuart etc delivery. If none of them deliver to your area, then find out if any family or friends can order the food from their phones to their address, and if so, get them to drop it outside your front door. Lives saved.

I understand what you’re trying to say re supermarket shopping. But it it’s not so easy for a 93 year old with no close friends or family and no internet access. It’s also not so easy for a single female with cancer and needing to shield with no close friends or family and no internet access. In short, not all these people are “knobs” or “bell ends”.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Went fishing this afternoon for a couple of hours (allowed, before you ask......and a 10 min walk from home through woods and across a field).

Pond is in a nature reserve so has public access (and been ‘outed’ on things like ‘hidden Sussex’ FB page). Some very big groups ambling around not distanced, a group of teenagers by a bench drinking etc etc. Our close has a small parking area at the end of it....it’s overflowing on a daily basis with people driving to get there. Chatted to a couple who stopped to ask if I’d caught anything (no [emoji23][emoji23]), they’d seen photos on Facebook so drove up from Worthing ‘for a change of scenery’.

Not calling you out as a covidiot far from it, but how is it allowed for you to go fishing? Does that constitute as exercise?
I can see the benefits re: mental health, relaxation etc but it’s crazy that walking to go fishing on your own is ok, but say walking to the golf club for 18 holes on your own is not allowed ???

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
They should just shut down all the shops including supermarkets and have us using online delivery services instead. Madness that that's not already being implied.

You're joking right? No way that could be implemented, give your head a wobble.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not calling you out as a covidiot far from it, but how is it allowed for you to go fishing? Does that constitute as exercise?
I can see the benefits re: mental health, relaxation etc but it’s crazy that walking to go fishing on your own is ok, but say walking to the golf club for 18 holes on your own is not allowed ???

It’s an interesting one - I agree, if fishing is allowed (it is, the Angling Trust lobbied Government and got agreement subject to usual restrictions) then really no reason why golf shouldn’t be either. I guess it’s a question of what else then gets included. Fishing is the most solitary of pursuits so makes sense on that basis.

A few twats have been indicating how far they might travel to fish of course - but the rules of ‘local’ still apply. I bet more people are driving further to the (crowded) beaches for a walk than are driving to fishing venues.

I walked to my local pond, saw 3 other anglers and didn’t get within 5m of anyone all afternoon.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
People have legitimate and often medical reasons for not wearing masks? It’s like thinking someone who uses a disabled spot isn’t disabled because they just get out the car and walk into the supermarket, amazing how the entirety of NSC now think they are Covid marshals :lolol:

Anyway I’m going to bow out of this thread of mostly judgemental & snivelling curtain twitchers. :wink: Enjoy everyone.

Anyone that is disabled and wants to park in a disabled space has to put their disabled thingy by the windscreen to prove it, then there should be no problems.
Masks are difficult but its amazing how suddenly so many people have health issues.
Police in Devon & Cornwall inundated with calls from your so called curtain twitchers because holiday homes are suddenly full of people who have travelled down from badly infected areas.
It's clear that this country is stuffed with selfish, ignorant, dangerous ********s.
We are in a worse situation now than we were back in May and yet so many people now don't give a stuff.
Its the real idiots that are wearing masks under their chin in supermarkets that are really making my piss boil.
You seem to me that you are craving attention, on a wind up or another total wanchor.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone that is disabled and wants to park in a disabled space has to put their disabled thingy by the windscreen to prove it, then there should be no problems.
Masks are difficult but its amazing how suddenly so many people have health issues.
Police in Devon & Cornwall inundated with calls from your so called curtain twitchers because holiday homes are suddenly full of people who have travelled down from badly infected areas.
It's clear that this country is stuffed with selfish, ignorant, dangerous ********s.
We are in a worse situation now than we were back in May and yet so many people now don't give a stuff.
Its the real idiots that are wearing masks under their chin in supermarkets that are really making my piss boil.
You seem to me that you are craving attention, on a wind up or another total wanchor.

Agreed. Everything is being undermined by selfish ****s.

D

Deleted member 2719

Chorley football club, covid idiots.

Yes they had a great result today, but can it be right that the dressing room is crammed and they are singing out loud together.

Why are the BBC promoting this idiotic behaviour?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Yes they had a great result today, but can it be right that the dressing room is crammed and they are singing out loud together.

They also promoted two people watching the match from a cherry picker (ah the romance of the cup)

Glad there's a thread for this too vent, as it absolutely infuriates me. I was down on the seafront today and it was actually well mannered and barely any groups of more than 2 out, quite clearly, most were couples, families or same households and most were trying too make space.

However, joggers in Preston Park (I run myself) just weaving in and out of people, one jogger nearly battered some girl sitting on the bench with his flailing arm, I really would have loved to see him trip up. No consideration for others, c**ts.

Plus, I agree with others, supermarkets are so bad right now for people being covidiots. This morning was dead on the roads, but it crept up during the day to near normal, still quiet, but still too many. I get we can still travel locally for walks etc but not everyone is out walking.

I just don't get it. I agree with calls for even tighter lockdown if I'm honest, we are at the final hurdle, 1000 people a day are dying, that's shit. Vaccine is being rolled out, it won't be long before restrictions will massively be lifted.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
My wife is a teacher and they have to accept key workers children and vulnerable children.
In the last lockdown they had between 5-20 kids at school ( her school has nearly 1800 pupils) this year over 200 and rising ,they try to screen who comes in but are told "my child is vulnerable"and have to accept them.
Just one example of a parents recklessness is a Mother who sent her son into school after her family had all had the covid test the day before, none had their test results back,wtf sort of people are we living with.The consequences of this moron was all the year 9s had to be sent home and more worrying was my wife and her colleagues and families were put at serious risk not to mention the rest of her family who could have potentially spread the virus also.

They are now being asked to have the kids fast tested at school, but it is not compulsory, so they will have some kids that are tested and some that are not,the staff want the kids that are not tested separated from the rest as what is the point,and of course they have come up against red tape and parents,the teachers and school staff are desperate,despondent and need directive from govt.

I could give many many examples of parents ****wittery at her school who could not give a toss about peoples health and feel it their divine right to have their children looked after regardless of the consequences.

My daughter also works with very young children at a school and they have exactly the same problems as my wife.

I worry constantly about my wife and daughter it makes me feel sick to my stomach as I know they dont get the support and safety measures afforded to them and then add to the mix the inconsiderate selfish actions of some parents and I truly despair.

Sorry needed to get that off my chest.

Good case for teachers and other school workers to have some priority for vaccinations.

The hut that serves drinks and lovely cakes at the top of Dyke Road Avenue.

We go for strolls there, just my daughter and I.

Today and every day loads of couples and extended families meet up, no distancing, no masks. Not 'chavs', just normal middle class folk who aren't going to let a nanny state stop them seeing the other families and couples they adore. Arrogance.

Those types really get on my tits. The same people who would cry wolf if someone were to offend them with something minor too.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
One minute 5 Live are doing a travel report for those undertaking "essential journies" and the next minute they are crossing live to Ian Dennis and Pat Nevin who've driven across the country with their production team to commentate live on Chorley vs Derby u18s in the 3rd round of the cup. Who gves a shit? Stay at home , bellends.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
One minute 5 Live are doing a travel report for those undertaking "essential journies" and the next minute they are crossing live to Ian Dennis and Pat Nevin who've driven across the country with their production team to commentate live on Chorley vs Derby u18s in the 3rd round of the cup. Who gves a shit? Stay at home , bellends.

yep

People who judge others and then moan on Internet forums about people going about their business.

People who go to house parties or big group events are ‘COVIDIOTS’, not those going to a garden centre or meeting up in a park for a socially distanced chat, don’t judge others situations, for some that might be the only thing that keeps them going through this utter hell many lonely people are living.

Do agree tbf even though I winged. But it does feel good to get it off the chest haha Because it is true though that in shops, people are bloody thick.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Glad there's a thread for this too vent, as it absolutely infuriates me. I was down on the seafront today and it was actually well mannered and barely any groups of more than 2 out, quite clearly, most were couples, families or same households and most were trying too make space.

However, joggers in Preston Park (I run myself) just weaving in and out of people, one jogger nearly battered some girl sitting on the bench with his flailing arm, I really would have loved to see him trip up. No consideration for others, c**ts.

Plus, I agree with others, supermarkets are so bad right now for people being covidiots. This morning was dead on the roads, but it crept up during the day to near normal, still quiet, but still too many. I get we can still travel locally for walks etc but not everyone is out walking.

I just don't get it. I agree with calls for even tighter lockdown if I'm honest, we are at the final hurdle, 1000 people a day are dying, that's shit. Vaccine is being rolled out, it won't be long before restrictions will massively be lifted.

Anyone going to an obviously busy park to jog is a bit of a ****. You can run pretty much anywhere (I’m a jogger BTW.....)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Didn't see this but after reading your posts watched YouTube and had to switch off after 10 seconds. Appalling behaviour, surely there is a case to throw them out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here