Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coventry City vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***** Official Match Thread *****

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Have fun moaning everybody-I think I'll give this thread a miss.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Coventry Commentators really don't like Gus' antics in the technical area.

We seem to have a very bad reputation with the away folk and referees which clearly isn't helping.

But with Navarro being booked for TAKING a free kick, can you blame (G)us for getting frustrated...?!
I think it is a case of the reputation coming before him. I have a feeling that the commentators have one eye on the game and another on our manager just waiting for him to do something.

I'd rather a Poyet type to someone like Danny Wilson, who sits with his arms crossed all match.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Same bloody issues every week.

Harley seems useless

Nobody good enough to supply and partner CMS

Apart from his set pieces, Harley has sounded pretty useful in midfield with Sparrow.

Paynter also sounds like he's improving his game....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Anyone know of a Brighton and Hove Albion supporters forum I can go to?

It used to be here...but, if you find one-let me know.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Do you EVER have anything positive to add to The Albion? All you seem to do is slag of Gus and his tactics, the team and anything else connected to the club.

Yes I do, I say things as I see them my friend...and what I''ve seen of late is a manger out of his depth, players out of control, and a team lacking any spark or buzz. And if you've seen it differently I would get to specksavers a bit sharpish.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Hopefully not another hammering. I'm usually positive but after going to Reading and now seeing that awful goal we gifted Coventry I have a bad feeling

Something i smaking me think were not out of this. perhaps the fact that cov are completely shit may have something to do with that.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

5589_diagnosis_wanker.jpg

(I just wanted to use the picture to be honest, I think it's funny. I have nothing against Superphil, or his post)

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
lets just enjoy championship football everyone knows were not getting relegated this season and thats what we all wanted may 2011,and to build a squad in the summer after a year of championship football.

how do you know we are 16th and dropping like a stone.....too many on here think we are safe we have 32 points only

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Coventry are not very good (i.e. extremely bad) at keeping single goal leads.

If we do not boob again it could be a gung-ho finish. Three at the back and go for it in the last 20 minutes ???
Fingers crossed, if we score one I think we'll go on and win. Coventry's confidence must be quite fragile.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

it drives me potty on hear all the negatvie shit you read, people forget that we have 9 key players missing which for any team is a lot to deal with, he has options on the bench and I am sure he will use them to god effect in the 2nd half. People just nned to get behind the team and stop all the shit comments as if they can do a better job

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
i think a lot of you are being a bit harsh on Casper and the midfield 3, when noone lost it the middle three had pushed up leaving a big hole, defenders are told not to jump into tackles in that area of the pitch, and I dont actullay think it was a bad finish, we would have all been saying it was a cracking finish if a BHA player had scored it.

We're playing three centrebacks!! I don't want them to jump in, I want one of them to move forward and stop their player progressing up the pitch! You don't need to jump in to do that, just show him out wide! Seriously

Sep 1, 2010
Apart from his set pieces, Harley has sounded pretty useful in midfield with Sparrow.

Paynter also sounds like he's improving his game....

He and Sparrow are not Championship Quality. We are sliding down the table because some of our players not good enough and Poyet is so tunnel visioned it's untrue.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Yes I do, I say things as I see them my friend...and what I''ve seen of late is a manger out of his depth, players out of control, and a team lacking any spark or buzz. And if you've seen it differently I would get to specksavers a bit sharpish.

so you would be happy to see Gus Get the sack them?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
i think a lot of you are being a bit harsh on Casper and the midfield 3, when noone lost it the middle three had pushed up leaving a big hole, defenders are told not to jump into tackles in that area of the pitch, and I dont actullay think it was a bad finish, we would have all been saying it was a cracking finish if a BHA player had scored it.
I agree about the defending, people cry about backing off, in that situation with so many men over then commiting themselves is, at best, hugely risky, if not suicidal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here