Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Robinson become the next Brooker?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Jake could have had a hat-trick in the first half but he never looked like scoring when he got in front of goal. I don't care how 'intelligent' his movement off the ball is, he's paid to get the ball in the net. If Jake is the answer then I don't understand the question.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jake at least makes defenders defend with his speed and movement off the ball. CKR spends more time moaning and falling over than occupying defenders. Is is co-incidence that defenders seem to make more moves upfield when CKR is on the pitch?

Jake also makes chances to miss, CKR is normally on his arse outside the penalty area with his hand up when the ball is in the danger area.

CKR is no better than Jake in the air either which is a joke.

Last edited:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
brightonfan_86 said:
Agreed, its time to play Turienzo.

Turenzo bottles and dosent even get into the same positions !

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Jake at least makes defenders defend with his speed and movement off the ball. CKR spends more time moaning and falling over than occupying defenders. Is is co-incidence that defenders seem to make more moves upfield when CKR is on the pitch?

Jake also makes chances to miss, CKR is normally on his arse outside the penalty area with his hand up when the ball is in the danger area.

CKR is no better than Jake in the air either which is a joke.

What does it matter if he makes chances and he misses?

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:

becuase eventaully they will start to go in....

once one goes in confidence will be up then we mite start to see the best of jake....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think Magoo should put his boots back on. At least he knows where the goal is and he obviously cant coach our GLUT of strikers where the f***ing goal is....

Last edited:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I think Magoo should put his boots back on. At least he knows where the goal is and he obviously cant coach our GLUT of strikers where the f***ing goal is....

i do love a realist:dunce:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Jim D said:
What I'm worried about is that we've already seen the best of Jake - in the youth team.

he shone in the youth team because there was something special about him....

now we need to develope that talent into the first team where he can learn and develope his game playing agasint better players....

i have faith jake will come good...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
he shone in the youth team because there was something special about him....

now we need to develope that talent into the first team where he can learn and develope his game playing agasint better players....

i have faith jake will come good...

How many of the players in the youth league make it to be pros?

Ramsey scored a bucket load at youth level and where is he now?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:

weren't saying that when Leon couldn't find the net though were you?

At least be consistent in you biasness

Last edited:

le fabue

Have an adequate day
Jan 19, 2005
Bramley
Jakey probably needs more time developing into a more complete player out on loan. He's playing well but we need consistent goalscorers week in-week out.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
le fabue said:
Jakey probably needs more time developing into a more complete player out on loan. He's playing well but we need consistent goalscorers week in-week out.

i think thats a fair comment....

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
KinkyGoebels said:
How many of the players in the youth league make it to be pros?

Ramsey scored a bucket load at youth level and where is he now?

so cos ramsey didnt make it that means jake wnt.....?

i'd like to think jake has alot more to his game then scott ramsey....

Repugnant Toad said:
That, and too many individual mistakes - El Abd (I think) for the first, Butters for the second.

You could blame a lot of players for the first. Weak header by Reid giving the ball away to Palace in a dangerous position, OGH not tight enough on Morrison for the cross, and the central defenders not picking up runners for that cross. Unfortunately, it was only Reid who picked up Freedman's run, and he doesn't ever win contested headers. Soft goal.

E

enigma

le fabue said:

Yeah, loan him to a league 1 or 2 club.

This thread really is the height of moron discussion, CKR and Jake apparently are shit rather than developing players with weaknesses they have to work on :rolleyes:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
London Irish said:
This thread really is the height of moron discussion, CKR and Jake apparently are shit rather than developing players with weaknesses they have to work on :rolleyes:

and only one of them is a striker anyway.

le fabue

Have an adequate day
Jan 19, 2005
Bramley
We haven't really got the luxury to spend time developing players when we are stuck in the bottom 3 mid-way through the season and are desperate to stay in the division. Think it would be fairer on the player too, and beneficial to the lower league club that they'd play for.

E

enigma

London Irish said:
This thread really is the height of moron discussion, CKR and Jake apparently are shit rather than developing players with weaknesses they have to work on :rolleyes: [/QUOTE

I agree, its stupid. At their ages, the majority of players, however good, still have a lot to learn. Obviously a lot of this can be learnt on the training ground, but a lot of it just comes from experience in matches and will be learnt over time.

I think the problem with Robinson is people on here built him up to be some kind of phenomenon, whereas actually he's a promising striker, nothing more, nothing less.

I think it might be an idea to send one of these two out on loan if Turi and McCammon got fit, in order for them to get some games and confidence at a lower level. I'd rather that then have them play not as often at this level and play in a struggling team and get demoralised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here