Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Robinson become the next Brooker?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
El Presidente said:

In the 30 years I have been watching the Albion the concept of giving someone a fair chance has NEVER been on the agenda.

amen to the most sensible post ever posted on this board

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ernest said:
Jake Robinson is this years Danny Marney, all nice runs into the box and looks the part but absolutely no goal scoring instinct (and the same can be said of McPhee) :angry: :angry: :angry:

And thats down to the manager Magoo OUT :angry: :angry: :angry:

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
here we go!

lets blame the youngest member of the team for all our ills.

No wonder Harding left with the attitude some of you people have.

Interesting that he gets into positions to score and actually runs at people as opposed to certain other "big money " signings who cant stay on their feet and couldn't hit a barn door at 5 paces.

If I were jakey I would do exactly what Harding did and look for a better club that appreciates that he is young and a very skillfull young player. Thank f*** that NSC is representative of the minority of albion fans.

FFS

Rant over

To be fair no-one is blaming Jake Robinson for all our ills, it just so happens he is the most glaring of flaws amongst many and thus our attention.

Furthermore, it would be no bad thing if Jake Robinson did look for an alternative club. A young and skillful young player is not the same as an effective striker which is what we desperatley need.

I don't wish to re-visit the conversation already had in this thread, but I am sick to my back teeth of this misty eye'd rosey protectionist 'Jakey' sentiment that says any semi articulate expression of frustration on here is blame.

Additionally, where is the perspective on 'skillful, promising, gifted'? Jake Robinson a 'promising young striker'? Bobby Zamora can tell you what a promising young striker is and I don't care if you've got a hand bag made from the Pope's very own scrotum...Jake Robinson is no Bobby Zamora ergo Jake Robinson is no promising young striker.

Last edited:

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
Jakes a bit light weight and gets pushed around but so does peter crouch and he's 6 ft loads and is apparently good enough for liverpool and england. He will fill out and sort out his fiinishing but it IS important that he is getting in the right place and creating chances and working hard. He is not the messiah though - just a pretty ggod looking prospect thats been chucked in the deep end and is still learning to swim. Let him carry on learning and we, or someone else, will reap the rewards. Some of you just expect too much from the lad..

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
twickers said:
Simple indeed, where's the 'so what' factor in that? Time, how much time? How many seasons? How many amongst the list of hundreds of other promising strikers who are never more than that? How astute is your statement really?

Given time a tortoise will make it from one side of the pitch to the other, but you wouldn't pick a tortoise for your squad.

We haven't got the time right now to keep playign a super prospect who is not scoring...... we need someone who can score in the team and that's not Jake... or CKR...w e can play em when we are safe. Right now I'd rather have trolley in the team or give Turi a whole game... he still hasn't palyed a whole game so how can we judge him?

BTW... still think the problem is defence and it's Butters lack of speed.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
sir danny cullip said:
We looked a lot more dangerous with jake up front rather than CKR today. Kazim made one closing down run today which was good and did pretty much nothing else. Why did MM bring jake off?!
I must have been more pissed than i thought.............i don't remember CKR being on the pitch.:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :blush: :blush: :down:

Anyone taped it?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
twickers said:
To be fair no-one is blaming Jake Robinson for all our ills, it just so happens he is the most glaring of flaws amongst many and thus our attention.

Furthermore, it would be no bad thing if Jake Robinson did look for an alternative club. A young and skillful young player is not the same as an effective striker which is what we desperatley need.

I don't wish to re-visit the conversation already had in this thread, but I am sick to my back teeth of this misty eye'd rosey protectionist 'Jakey' sentiment that says any semi articulate expression of frustration on here is blame.

Additionally, where is the perspective on 'skillful, promising, gifted'? Jake Robinson a 'promising young striker'? Bobby Zamora can tell you what a promising young striker is and I don't care if you've got a hand bag made from the Pope's very own scrotum...Jake Robinson is no Bobby Zamora ergo Jake Robinson is no promising young striker.

with all due respect you have had about 400 postings and I have had 5800, therefore I am right and you are wrong.

FACT

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
with all due respect you have had about 400 postings and I have had 5800, therefore I am right and you are wrong.

FACT

Colin Kazim-Richards.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
:wave:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Was thinking about doing the same with all of those threads saying that McGhee is our only option and that there is no one else who could do a better job who could sign a couple of half decent players aswell :lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Basil Fawlty said:
Agreed, its time to play Turienzo.

if nly kevin was our manager back in the day:clap:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
twickers said:

Furthermore, it would be no bad thing if Jake Robinson did look for an alternative club.

Marvellous bounce, again :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here