Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Contract extension to 2025 for Graham Potter

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tony Bloom on Potter: "Together with his backroom team, he's continued the club’s progress of recent years & brought a different approach with a new style of play, which has been embraced by players and supporters alike.

Calling [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]

He's had so many shout outs the planning Spence is going to put into his response will make it a must read.

I reckon it'll be:-

- Concise.
- Articulate.
- Well researched.
- Accurate.

and will end with

"Which Is why I believe our manager should be ..."

I for one can't wait.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The original version and much better than the popular one though! ( I always thought it was Sutherland Brothers and Quiver though, edit nope that was the other dirge Arms of Mary)

I know. It is rather good. Johnny Walker used to play it. Something tells me SBs earned far more for the writing credit than for the sales of their own release :lolol:

It is certainly more lively than many of our performances last season, as Easy correctly implied by his word choice......

Back to Potter - the extension was mentioned on R5 a moment ago. Before that I was thinking this thread might be a wind up. Has [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] been given a precautionary ban from the thread, I wonder? I have a vision of him lying in a dark room right now, in a pool of his own tears :lolol:

Potter did brilliantly to spot Connolly's potential and pair him with Maupay. Less impressed with the team building in defence, which seems to me to rely entirely on Dunk having a blinder, not sure about the midfield either but hope it gets built around Mooy soon

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He's had so many shout outs the planning Spence is going to put into his response will make it a must read.

- Concise.
- Articulate.
- Well researched.
- Accurate.

and will end with

I for one can't wait.

You UTTER FANNY

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

- Concise.
- Unbiased.
- Noting the positives
- Technically Accurate.

and will end with

I for one can't wait.

Corrected for you - copyright [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] of course :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How come this has happened apparently we booed him off the pitch on Saturday

There's a word that injects 360 degrees of possible meaning into a sentence. :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
True Faith

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm in two minds about this. I think GP has made a fantastic start, the football is so much better to watch as a fan, he's trusting the youngsters and the club's policy seems to be trying to produce our own....that said, I do believe that managers have a limited shelf life these days (I don't think we'll ever see another Ferguson/Wenger reign) and it'll be a tricky job to keep training varied and interesting over such a long period of time.

Should be one hell of a ride though!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Happy with Potter - he's won me over after initially being pretty miffed when we sacked CH. But - isn't this a little premature - and maybe unnecessary? How long was his original contract for?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I clearly think this is good news.

So, what was all the grizzling about?

"I suppose I will be banned from this thread now for having an opinion different to the clique or for some made up reason to do with the swear filter"

Nothing clear about your post at all :shrug:

You do realise that Bozza was being ironic? ???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Pleased about this news, I rate Potter.

But I very much doubt that he would’ve thought about walking out on us for Everton, Arsenal or West Ham. He’s just months into a fantastic PL job, with great and ever facilities, under a non-meddling Chairman.

Depends how motivated he is by money and European football really....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That is the spirit :ffsparr:

I suppose I will be banned from this thread now for having an opinion different to the clique or for some made up reason to do with the swear filter :shrug:

You’ll be banned from the whole site if you continue being a complete and utter arse in nearly every thread you contribute to.

Hope this helps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here