Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Contract extension to 2025 for Graham Potter

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That is the spirit :ffsparr:

I suppose I will be banned from this thread now for having an opinion different to the clique or for some made up reason to do with the swear filter :shrug:

You hadn’t noticed that Bozza doesn’t enthuse much about Albion’s performances this season? He doesn’t even rate Ali J or Locadia FFS

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Some volcano just erupted in Prague. Or [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] head just blew off.
Personally not bad news and sensible given the amount of jobs likely to be on the market soon.

Agreed..... Stops poachers in the short term, and doesn't stop Bloom binning him if ever so desired, just makes it a tad more expensive.... The contract extension for all 4 will still I'm sure be cheaper than dud Locadia.

Last edited:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
In business all my life but in comparison will never understand football. Here for 5mins and following 2 of worst performances gets rewarded with new contract, Can only think Sheffield Utd manager will be asking for a 10 year contract.

Mr Bloom and obviously other sniffing clubs have seen Potter as a long term investment and are willing to speculate on his development as a manager at the top level , of course he will make mistakes along the way but whatever happens he has the team playing exciting attacking football which is what the fans wanted .

Compared to last seasons football he's already light years ahead entertainment wise , it could go wrong yes and we end up relegated but Potter is a manager that will be around for a very long time and the more years he's with us i think we improve season on season , for me it's a excellent move from the club to get him to sign a extension .

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In business all my life but in comparison will never understand football. Here for 5mins and following 2 of worst performances gets rewarded with new contract, Can only think Sheffield Utd manager will be asking for a 10 year contract.

In business all your life and you think the negotiations started after the Leicester match??

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sounds like great news!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Fantastic news and shows the high regard and respect Tony and the board have for the job GPott is doing.

Oh. Now I'm worried.....

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I am not completely sold on him but I am sure that when he has the players to play his system we will improve but I am worried that this could include buying more similar to Webster who I am also not sold on as I do not think that his defending is up to the level we need.

I agree.
Doing okay so far, and we certainly have more possession and Tottenham was a magnificent performance.

Perhaps Arsenal are sniffing about.

I don’t agree re Webster, but he does struggle physically at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Tony Bloom on Potter: "Together with his backroom team, he's continued the club’s progress of recent years & brought a different approach with a new style of play, which has been embraced by players and supporters alike.

Calling [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The target won't just be the final position in the table though (important though that obviously is). I'm sure just as big a part of GP's remit is to integrate some of our U23's into the squad, to show that a clear path towards the 1st team is available to them, and not just in Cup games either. The impressive displays of Connolly and so far Alzate have gone some way to achieving that already. Hughton would never have trusted them to the extent Potter has, which is part of the reason he's no longer here.

I don't *think* we'll go down, and we may not greatly improve on 17th this season. Its still early days. But its been almost universally agreed both by BHA fans and beyond that what we are now seeing is a world away from the dreadful embarrassing dirge that was being served up last season. There's a real sense now of progress, and we're still only in its embryonic stage.

Nothing can ever be guaranteed of course. But what this contract extension suggests is that Potter is going to be backed in this project, he's going to be given every chance to mould this squad over the next few transfer windows, over the next few years. He's given Potter the tools, now we just have to trust that he can build something.

Don't you mean bilge?

This is dirge (chosen especially for the enjoyment of [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION])

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poDjuRlaNAg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That is the spirit :ffsparr:

I suppose I will be banned from this thread now for having an opinion different to the clique or for some made up reason to do with the swear filter :shrug:

Haven't you just posted a comment mocking Bozza's faux negativity, making you part of the 99% majority on the thread who think this is good news?

Or are you using the English language and an emoji in an exciting way that is novel to NSC? ???

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Don’t think Potter has done enough yet to warrant the likes of Arsenal showing interest. I’d have expected a contract extension closer to the end of season when we are safe.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don't you mean bilge?

This is dirge (chosen especially for the enjoyment of [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION])

Nope. Dirge.

Definition of dirge
1: a song or hymn of grief or lamentation
especially : one intended to accompany funeral or memorial rites
a funeral dirge
2: a slow, solemn, and mournful piece of music
3: something (such as a poem) that has the qualities of a dirge

Under Hughton, last season turned into a dirge. A long, mournful, soul-sapping, grief-laden dirge.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree.
Doing okay so far, and we certainly have more possession and Tottenham was a magnificent performance.

Perhaps Arsenal are sniffing about.

I don’t agree re Webster, but he does struggle physically at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without actually checking I think that Webster has been directly responsible for 3 goals so far. I know that most goals come as a result of an error by somebody but at the moment he seems most prone to mistakes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nope. Dirge.

Definition of dirge
1: a song or hymn of grief or lamentation
especially : one intended to accompany funeral or memorial rites
a funeral dirge
2: a slow, solemn, and mournful piece of music
3: something (such as a poem) that has the qualities of a dirge

Under Hughton, last season turned into a dirge. A long, mournful, soul-sapping, grief-laden dirge.

Yeah.....I remember, now. :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last edited:

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
Without actually checking I think that Webster has been directly responsible for 3 goals so far. I know that most goals come as a result of an error by somebody but at the moment he seems most prone to mistakes.

2 penalties (Chelsea and Leicester) plus 2 goals vs Everton (o.g and lost Calvert-Lewin for the second) off the top of my head. A good footballer but a number of basic errors on Saturday.

Sent from my 5039D_EEA using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pleased about this news, I rate Potter.

But I very much doubt that he would’ve thought about walking out on us for Everton, Arsenal or West Ham. He’s just months into a fantastic PL job, with great and ever facilities, under a non-meddling Chairman.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If you think how much he’s revolutionised our approach and style since he took over from Hughton, who was a more pragmatic and defensive coach, it’s quite remarkable how it’s been achieved in such a short period. This added with the swift rise of a few young players shows he must be doing something right.

I think most of us supporters appreciate all he has done, given our style last season Im sure I’m not alone in saying I loved Hughton but towards the end of his reign I genuinely didn’t want to go to games and I’ve never felt that in 20 years as a season ticket holder, we’ve been unfortunate with injuries and just generally had bad luck in games. It’s the right decision to tie him down now, I’m convinced when everything clicks he will have a lot of suitors.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Common to most sides so lets not lay that too thickly on our team.
....but i am partly in agreement re Webster..but then he’s a rookie to the PL isn’t he..so perhaps partly expected

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here