Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to the "Adams Out" Crowd

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I think the timing couldn't have been worse - few hours before a match is stupid - shoudl have been done ages ago - the ones i feel sorry for is the players

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
No one wanted to see Adams fail, but some of you were taking the phrase "Blind Faith" to another level. Knight is responsible for this mess, and now he's got to go out and get a top notch manager, to redeem himself

Hopefully this will be a blessing .

C'mon Albion 3 points today !!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Micky was a shadow of his former managerial self this time around. Never go back.

It's a shame that it turned out this way, but with the threat of relegation looming, it was absolutely the correct decision.

A fresh start is needed.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I think the timing couldn't have been worse - few hours before a match is stupid - shoudl have been done ages ago - the ones i feel sorry for is the players

The players? They'll probably be gutted he's gone, especially the new players. Most, if not all, of them came here mainly because of him.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Micky was a shadow of his former managerial self this time around. Never go back.

It's a shame that it turned out this way, but with the threat of relegation looming, it was absolutely the correct decision.

A fresh start is needed.

Do you not remember he was poor first season first time around?

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
İbrahim Tatlıses;2813421 said:
I'm fuming. More at the board rather than everyone else, succumbing to fan pressure once again resulting in an embarrassingly timed sacking & that god forbid might cost us our place in the division.

Joke club.

Sorry mate I dont agree. Adams took the team from 7th to the relegation zone. That, when he prides his football as been "effective football".

Sadly MA thinks hoofing it is effective. He is wrong, hence the Graham Taylors of this world are all pundits instead of managers.

Its good for not only the albion that a hoofing manager has gone, but good for english football as well. Bring in someone with a brain - if there is such a thing in english footbal !l

Oh and can someone send the new manager a copy of the book "inverting the pyramid"!

Paul Ince?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No one wanted to see Adams fail, but some of you were taking the phrase "Blind Faith" to another level. Knight is responsible for this mess, and now he's got to go out and get a top notch manager, to redeem himself

Hopefully this will be a blessing .

C'mon Albion 3 points today !!!

Agree.

I did not think we should have got rid of Wilkins but equally was not unhappy at Adams appointment. However, he has failed to live up to expectation and sadly doesn't even seem passionate about the plight we are in. Unfortunately who ever does get the poisoned challis will probably also suffer at the hands of the most vitriolic posters on this site.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

And the children of Mile Oak. I'm feeling their pain most at this juncture.

Will their misery never end? Won't somebody please think of the children and STOP THIS MADNESS?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
he should have gone months ago, so yeah the timing is bad. but i think we've a better chance of picking up points today without him in charge, so this morning made more sense than early next week.

anybody saying things like 'the adams out lot hounded him out of the club' are just plain wrong... or perhaps they don't actually attend the matches. yes the team was booed a few times but overall, the fans have been very measured and reserved whilst putting up with terrible terrible losing football week in week out. were people chanting 'adams out' and displaying banners? No. I would argue that he's been given a very easy ride, if an unknown manager had come in and made the mistakes adams did, every bloomin week, then he'd have got loads of vitriolic abuse. adams didn't. he's been given every chance and been found wanting.

he's not been hounded out by the fans. we've been silent onlookers as he's dug his own grave.

jonesie

Feb 19, 2009
Fan pressure maybe but probably the league position and home performances are even more relevant. We can no longer say there are 4 teams worse than us in this league.

Perhaps with your crystal ball you could advise whether we will get promoted next year from league 2 then?

Adams was a good manager but has tarnished his reputation with the club by coming back. There is an old adage which says never go back and with us it has been proved right once again.

The other big question this situation raises is what of Dick Knight. Another man with legendry status with his role with the club but is seems his reputation is continually tarnished with every big decision he makes. The timing of Wilkins sacking and now that of Adams makes you question his ability to make decisions or whether he is in fact the one making them. How long before he has to go?

Knight was a legend but he has left Stevie Wonder (White) & Ray Charles (Booker) in charge for two massive games. The blind lead the blind!!!!!!!!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The players? They'll probably be gutted he's gone, especially the new players. Most, if not all, of them came here mainly because of him.

You spout drivel.

You have applauded the sacking of Wilkins, why ?

You have slagged off the introduction of the local players that have been given the opportunity and delivered a 7th finish, why ?

Then you applauded Adams re-appointment as many did, but why ?

You seem not to connect any logic to your views other than 'I Like That One' and 'I Dont Like That One' !!

Now it seem's you dont like Booker and White, why ?

Anyhow its Adie Boothroyd that you gonna have to wrestle with the 'I Like That One' or 'I Dont Like That One'.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
You spout drivel.

You have applauded the sacking of Wilkins, why ? Whilst I was pleased Wilkins wasn't manager I certainly didn't applaud as I did feel bad for him. I didn't/don't rate him as a manager, a judgement based on two years of being in charge.

You have slagged off the introduction of the local players that have been given the opportunity and delivered a 7th finish, why ? The team last year was weak, yes we finished 7th but this, in my opinion, does not reflect the ability of the team and manager.

Then you applauded Adams re-appointment as many did, but why ? I think Adams is a better manager, including off the pitch. The players respect and like him more than they did Wilkins. I know things haven't gone well, but that is why he needed more time to rectify. Not only that, but Adams ability to attract players is far greater than Wilkins, as many of our signings have proved.

You seem not to connect any logic to your views other than 'I Like That One' and 'I Dont Like That One' !! My logic is based on whehter they are a good manager or not, so yes ultimately I either like them or I don't

Now it seem's you dont like Booker and White, why ? Oh my god, I don't feel the need to explain that.

Anyhow its Adie Boothroyd that you gonna have to wrestle with the 'I Like That One' or 'I Dont Like That One'.
From what I've seen Boothyroyd is a good manager, so perhaps wouldn't mind him.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
On the face of it, the timing is awful. But after Tuesday, how long did it take to convene all the key players in the decision? the days of it being Knight, Chapman and Bloom only are over and I would suspect the shareholders may also have been consulted.

Once the decision was made, they may have felt there is no point leaving it until after the next game (i.e. Today) - what would have happened if we had won?

I do sincerely hope the new man is known before Tuesday. Sadly Big Gully, I think most fans play the 'i like them' game. In my view White has been around with so many managers without seeming (from a fans view) to change his style. Booker meanwhile was removed from the club once when no longer seeming to be up to the job - he's come back and the only noticeable thing he has done is dress up as a fake car park attendant to greet Robbie Savage. However, the main reason I would make a clean sweep is that the club externally perhaps, needs to be seen as making a sea change in our approach. I personally would have put Hinshelwood and Lloyd or even Rodgers and Oatway in charge today (yes I know Charlie is probably playing elsewhere today but you get my drift) - I dont think it will make any difference.

Boothroyd has a good reputation as a coach and had a couple of great seasons as watford. Fingers crossed the crowd give him a chance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here