Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to the "Adams Out" Crowd

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Adams gone, now just Booker, White, Knight, Perry, Hart (Ian and Gary), Mayo, Ken Brown, Costa, Watts, Hicks (666), Insider, Lord Bracknell, TLO and Tubby Mondays to go!

Johnny Crumplin for PRESIDENT!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Adams gone, now just Booker, White, Knight, Perry, Hart (Ian and Gary), Mayo, Ken Brown, Costa, Watts, Hicks (666), Insider, Lord Bracknell, TLO and Tubby Mondays to go!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Costa:lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was in the Adams in camp until Tuesday and think that after the display on Tuesday he had to go. The timing of it is very bad but hopefully DK will have another manager installed very quickly, probably watching us today and Tuesday.

The biggest problem will be if a new manager has to keep DW and BB as has happened before with Coppell, McGhee Taylor.

Personally, I'd like to see Martin Ling get the job, he played here at the end of the 99/00 season of course, I think he'd do a good job, he did well at Orient before this season, and to be fair, Orient are a side you'd expect to be in the relegation zone in league 1 anyway, so I don't think he did an overly bad job even this season. He could be a long term manager for us, which I think we desperately need. I wouldn't mind Ian Holloway though, he's a proper character and we'd all have a laugh, I'm not won over by his management ability, but I don't think anyone brilliant would want our job anyway. Wilkins was doing a cracking job, afterall...

Martin LING ?? !! Oh my days - and now that orient are picking up a couple of points AFTER he was fired from them, you want him to take over at Brighton!

:gladyouarenotontheboard:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
bad timing but does it really matter might shake the players into getting a result today if not it was highly doubtful we would have got anything anyway

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Timing is everything

I was also coming around to the conclusion that MA had to go but I do believe he was trying his best for the club and should, therefore, not have been abused as it appears he has. For those that think the timing is wrong then you need to understand that when a decision is made it has to be carried out quickly regardless of the short term implications.

Ok we may suffer over the next few games but at least there will hopefully be a feeling that new opportunities are now upon us. Any team that can string a handfull of wins together at any point between now and the end of the season has a realistic chance of survival even if it say the last 4-5 games.

Time for us all to be positive and not panic over the next couple of weeks. I believe we have the players capable of getting back to winning ways in time so let's all get behind the team.

As for MA lets wish him well and perhaps remember a guy who I believe has tried his best and given commitment to the club....time for us all to move on

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
It looks as tho the timing isnt great but surely if dk was talking to the future manager last night and everything had been agreed.sacking adams 1st thing today was the obvious action.

but if there is still no appointment by nxt sat then i take that all back and dk must go blah blah blah!!!!!

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Silly post, Any board should always have the next guy lined up before sacking their manager less than 24 hours before the next game, at least Walsall waited until the game was postponed before axing theirs. Most clubs do it straight afte the game, we hang around like a bunch of misfits!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The timing was ridiculous. Why did it take three days? However, the decision is absolutely right. We have gone from 7th to 20th in the space of a few months and the situation was only getting worse.

We would have got nothing at Millwall with Adams in charge, so White and Booker can hardly do any worse. Perhaps one of them might have the common sense to pick players in their preferred positions...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Timing was bad but most people felt that Adams should have gone at Christmas and at the very least the end of January.

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
right decision, just about 7 months too late. should never have been here in the first place. end of!

now we can move forward instead of living in the f***ing past!! thank you for what you did last time MA, but sorry, coming back was a mistake.

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
right decision, just about 7 months too late. should never have been here in the first place. end of!

now we can move forward instead of living in the f***ing past!! thank you for what you did last time MA, but sorry, coming back was a mistake.

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
does everybody want to wait until we are relegated before we sack him.spent lots of money and did f*** all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here