Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to the "Adams Out" Crowd

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I was also coming around to the conclusion that MA had to go but I do believe he was trying his best for the club and should, therefore, not have been abused as it appears he has. For those that think the timing is wrong then you need to understand that when a decision is made it has to be carried out quickly regardless of the short term implications.

Ok we may suffer over the next few games but at least there will hopefully be a feeling that new opportunities are now upon us. Any team that can string a handfull of wins together at any point between now and the end of the season has a realistic chance of survival even if it say the last 4-5 games.

Time for us all to be positive and not panic over the next couple of weeks. I believe we have the players capable of getting back to winning ways in time so let's all get behind the team.

As for MA lets wish him well and perhaps remember a guy who I believe has tried his best and given commitment to the club....time for us all to move on

Quite agree, I believe the right decision has been made. But it's like we don't know when to stop moaning, lets move on, be happy we now have a chance to avoid relegation. Get behind the team whoever is in charge.

You are welcome.

The timing has been necessary - since we will be staring at another extremely likely loss at Millwall, better to see if the players can react and maybe squeeze an unexpected result out of today's events. We weren't winning with Adams, so why bother with timing now?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Quite agree, I believe the right decision has been made. But it's like we don't know when to stop moaning, lets move on, be happy we now have a chance to avoid relegation. Get behind the team whoever is in charge.

You know what. You're absolutely spot on there. Excellent post.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

Even if it's Booker or White (or Lloyd for that matter)....?

Otherwise I agree totally.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree Adams had to go, what I don't agree with is doing it hours before a game giving no chance for a new man to come in thus leaving us with a couple of clowns at the helm for two (or more) crucial relegation games, I would rather Adams stayed until a new replacement was regardless of how long it took... Very amateur yet again from the club.

It worked for spurs, they won hours after sacking Ramos

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
:lolol: Dear god, what a shambles. Sack a manager who on a limited budget gets you to 7th, give the new manager, who only got appointed because he is a fans favourite, a fair bit of money, stick with him for too long and then sack him on match day.

Genius. Still this leaves me rather more positive and I hope we get in someone decent who may actually help the club progress.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Christ only just noticed:nono:
Im not happy about this as micky is my legend at the club :censored:on results its the right decision but knight should not of offered him the job in the first place as micky was not in the right frame of mind.

Now micky is made to look a **** thanks to knight:censored:

i wish micky the best and i really hope he returns in the near future to take another role up,its very sad news:nono:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
does everybody want to wait until we are relegated before we sack him.spent lots of money and did f*** all

Spent a lot of money yes, but that doesn't happen over night, or even a couple of weeks.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Silly post, Any board should always have the next guy lined up before sacking their manager less than 24 hours before the next game, at least Walsall waited until the game was postponed before axing theirs. Most clubs do it straight afte the game, we hang around like a bunch of misfits!

my point being mate is that it has taken up until today to finalise a deal with the nxt guy and therefor adams had to go asap irrelevant of it benig a match day or not

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Tuesday showed what a clueless job Adams has done since he has been back.League form was a joke,we were only going one way.I said when Wilkins was sacked this could come back and haunt Knight and it has.What a terrible season.

Surf 'n' Turf

Sep 21, 2008
I agree Adams had to go, what I don't agree with is doing it hours before a game giving no chance for a new man to come in thus leaving us with a couple of clowns at the helm for two (or more) crucial relegation games, I would rather Adams stayed until a new replacement was regardless of how long it took... Very amateur yet again from the club.

So you wanted him to stay on so you could boo and moan on here about how poor Adams is. Whats the point? He either has to go or not!

You got your wish and Adams has gone. I still think if would have got it right in the long run.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
So you wanted him to stay on so you could boo and moan on here about how poor Adams is. Whats the point? He either has to go or not!

You got your wish and Adams has gone. I still think if would have got it right in the long run.

You're right, it would take most mortals 2 season to work out Virgos best position.

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I have to say I still think Adams is a good manager as proved first time around at the Albion but sometimes things just don't work out as seen this time. I like Adams and he at least dug in and stood his ground for as long as he could, pity the players didn't dig in and get stuck in like he tried to.

I think now was the right time to go because of all the negativity from players, fans and the press, however I think things will only imrpove if we stop the "the new manager has to work with the existing back room staff" routine of the last few managers. Let the new guy bring in his team and have a complete shake up, there's too much of a comfort zone around this club for the coaches at the moment - they have to take some of the blame too.

Anyway, good luck to Micky in the future. I hope he gets another go and proves he is still as good as he was first time here, I think he will.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He did have it in him, he does have it in him. Maybe he was too old school for our players, bear in mind Micky is only the second manager people like Cox and Elphick have properly worked with, Cox broke through under McGhee but only worked with him for a matter of a couple of months. Maybe the players didn't adapt to Micky's methods, or they just weren't good enough. Who knows. I think he would have got it right, but he wasn't close to doing it, I think he needed a couple more months, which is unrealistic and his departure is no suprise, but a disappointment to me.

But I'm glad the decision has been made, nothing worse than a board who can't make up their minds..

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
He did have it in him, he does have it in him. Maybe he was too old school for our players, bear in mind Micky is only the second manager people like Cox and Elphick have properly worked with, Cox broke through under McGhee but only worked with him for a matter of a couple of months. Maybe the players didn't adapt to Micky's methods, or they just weren't good enough. Who knows. I think he would have got it right, but he wasn't close to doing it, I think he needed a couple more months, which is unrealistic and his departure is no suprise, but a disappointment to me.

But I'm glad the decision has been made, nothing worse than a board who can't make up their minds..

Yep, I would agree with that.

Like you said, he wasn't close to sorting things out just yet, but I believe he could of, given time. I'm thoroughly disapointed that he has been sacked.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
İbrahim Tatlıses;2813421 said:
I'm fuming. More at the board rather than everyone else, succumbing to fan pressure once again resulting in an embarrassingly timed sacking & that god forbid might cost us our place in the division.

Joke club.

Fan pressure maybe but probably the league position and home performances are even more relevant. We can no longer say there are 4 teams worse than us in this league.

Although we had the brains to understand what would happen if he was sacked !

Oh well, we're definately going to get relegated now.

Perhaps with your crystal ball you could advise whether we will get promoted next year from league 2 then?

I have to say I still think Adams is a good manager as proved first time around at the Albion but sometimes things just don't work out as seen this time. I like Adams and he at least dug in and stood his ground for as long as he could, pity the players didn't dig in and get stuck in like he tried to.

I think now was the right time to go because of all the negativity from players, fans and the press, however I think things will only imrpove if we stop the "the new manager has to work with the existing back room staff" routine of the last few managers. Let the new guy bring in his team and have a complete shake up, there's too much of a comfort zone around this club for the coaches at the moment - they have to take some of the blame too.

Anyway, good luck to Micky in the future. I hope he gets another go and proves he is still as good as he was first time here, I think he will.
Adams was a good manager but has tarnished his reputation with the club by coming back. There is an old adage which says never go back and with us it has been proved right once again.

The other big question this situation raises is what of Dick Knight. Another man with legendry status with his role with the club but is seems his reputation is continually tarnished with every big decision he makes. The timing of Wilkins sacking and now that of Adams makes you question his ability to make decisions or whether he is in fact the one making them. How long before he has to go?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I wish they'd announced it earlier, I'd have gone to the game. At least we've given ourselves a chance of staying up, even if we've left it late.

It's a sad state of affairs but it had to be done, just a shame that three great servants of the club have had their names tarnished totally unnecessarily.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here