Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations George Dubya Bush

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
Blackwatch are soldiers who have voluntered to fight for thier country,please give these brave men the decency to accept that they knew what they were signing up for.On the news in Iraq there are real kids throwing objects at our soldiers,parading heads around etc,do we feel sorry for them?
I expect the average soldier who is fighting for his country wants to know that we at home support him not the opposite.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Thank god! Jesus is back to save us!

_40482343_image203.jpg

It's him....honest!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
LEWES CLIFF said:
Blackwatch are soldiers who have voluntered to fight for thier country,please give these brave men the decency to accept that they knew what they were signing up for.On the news in Iraq there are real kids throwing objects at our soldiers,parading heads around etc,do we feel sorry for them?
I expect the average soldier who is fighting for his country wants to know that we at home support him not the opposite.

But i don't support him.
What would it take for you not to support "our boys"?

skitz

Feb 24, 2004
LEWES CLIFF said:

Yeah, I do feel sorry for the soldiers. Partly because they're risking their lives in pursuit of oil and partly because they haven't got the intelligence/guts to stand up and say no.

Very sad day for the World. For a while last night there was hope, but inevitably it looks like we're stuck with this dangerous dogmatic lunatic for another four years. Some excellent points have been made earlier in this thread. The frightening mix of extreme capitalism, religion, preaching of fear causing paranoia, and being in the pockets of multi nationals with their selfish secterian interests isn't an appetizing thought for the next four years. It's time for Europe and the World to take an isolationist stance against this radical and dangerous regime. The United states of Europe sounds rather appealing right now. I desperately feel for those people in the US who weren't brainwashed though. They deserve better.....

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Meade's_Ball said:
Wasn't that Bush's campaign mantra? To say that Kerry stood for nothing when it just wasn't true.
Kerry is voted for by the poor and disadvantaged, in part, so he would have a responsibility to represent those people.

But Meady

what does kerry stand for, I dont think we'll ever know. All he ever said on Iraq was that he ' would do things differently ' he said that he supported stem research, and then spent the rest of the time slagging off Bush, and people on here say that Americans were stupid not to vote for Kerry :lolol: :lolol:

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
I may not agree with some things over the years we have fought for but i will always support and admire the courage of soldiers who are family men just like us.They give thier lives often fighting wars they dont agree with and for people who dont appreciate them.Wear your poppy with pride,soldiers of all colours,races and walks of life make up our forces and are a credit to the country.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
skitz said:
Yeah, I do feel sorry for the soldiers. Partly because they're risking their lives in pursuit of oil and partly because they haven't got the intelligence/guts to stand up and say no.

eh? you want them to stand up and say no? I dont want ANY soldier doing that or we'll be heading for a Coup and next thing Cuba will be our best friends!
Soldiers are trained to fight for their country and do as they are told, they should'nt argue with what they are doing, if they do then they get out...simple as that. They know what they are doing when they sign up and they know who they are fighting for, no reason for them to suddenly pipe up and say "sorry Boss dont agree, not coming into work today".

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
shingle said:
But Meady

what does kerry stand for, I dont think we'll ever know. All he ever said on Iraq was that he ' would do things differently ' he said that he supported stem research, and then spent the rest of the time slagging off Bush, and people on here say that Americans were stupid not to vote for Kerry :lolol: :lolol:

the Republicans spent FAR more time and effort slinging mud and criticising Kerry.

LEWES CLIFF said:
I may not agree with some things over the years we have fought for but i will always support and admire the courage of soldiers who are family men just like us.They give thier lives often fighting wars they dont agree with and for people who dont appreciate them.Wear your poppy with pride,soldiers of all colours,races and walks of life make up our forces and are a credit to the country.

In no way was I intending to denigrate the courage and bravery of those lads out there.
I fervently wish they all come home safely - it was just really upsetting to see who the Americans have decided to sacrifice in order to protect law and order in a country they've invaded without a legal and morale mandate.
Those 16/17 year olds being interviewed last week - some of them won't be home for Christmas - some won't be coming home at all - and I for one find that morally abhorent.

It's a phoney, crooked war - British troops shouldn't be there, get them home now.

Last edited:

skitz

Feb 24, 2004
They're not fighting for their country, they're fighting for oil to fund Bush and his cronies. Doubt that comes in the job description.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
skitz said:
You said that voting Bush in could be a case of "better the devil you know", clearly showing that you have spectacularly failed to educate yourself about this election. You wanna know what John Kerry would "bring to the table"? Go find out about it, then come back and suggest that four more years of this tyranny is actually ok. It's not that hard you know, you just need to read stuff.
Oh for christs sake.
Look, I'm not setting myself up as some Great Authority on the intricacies of the American election, or on John Kerry and the policies of the democrats. I was passing a general comment on the fact that it appears many people both on NSC and around the world are so vehemantly anti-Bush, that they'd blindly support anyone in opposition to him just to get Bush out. Not everyone obviously, but perhaps a fair proportion.

If I have "spectacularly failed to educate myself" on the American Election then its probably because (a) I can't be arsed, and (b) I'm frankly far more bothered about the result at Derby tonight. That doesn't disqualify me from making a general comment on something based on how I see it, ie my own point of view and opinion on something.

"Educate myself". :rolleyes: This is NSC, not f***ing Question Time.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
CrabtreeBHA said:
eh? you want them to stand up and say no? I dont want ANY soldier doing that or we'll be heading for a Coup and next thing Cuba will be our best friends!
Soldiers are trained to fight for their country and do as they are told, they should'nt argue with what they are doing, if they do then they get out...simple as that. They know what they are doing when they sign up and they know who they are fighting for, no reason for them to suddenly pipe up and say "sorry Boss dont agree, not coming into work today".

Quite right Crabbers

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
skitz said:

You f***ing prick. :angry:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Zeitgeist said:
Very sad day for the World. For a while last night there was hope, but inevitably it looks like we're stuck with this dangerous dogmatic lunatic for another four years. Some excellent points have been made earlier in this thread. The frightening mix of extreme capitalism, religion, preaching of fear causing paranoia, and being in the pockets of multi nationals with their selfish secterian interests isn't an appetizing thought for the next four years. It's time for Europe and the World to take an isolationist stance against this radical and dangerous regime. The United states of Europe sounds rather appealing right now. I desperately feel for those people in the US who weren't brainwashed though. They deserve better.....

:clap: :clap: america will be in ruins by the time the next election comes round

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
skitz said:
They're not fighting for their country, they're fighting for oil to fund Bush and his cronies. Doubt that comes in the job description.

They are fighting for their country, they are doing as they are told. Its Bush and his cronies that are using the WMD excuse to tear up Iraq and shoot for resources, they use their Army as a means if getting that resource but they hide that behind the "protecting the US from terrorist action strikes".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here